BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Thanks. Also, is anyone else experiencing glitches with game sync? It says it needs to recharge, even though it's been over a day since I last used it.

pokemonjoe said:
Thanks. Also, is anyone else experiencing glitches with game sync? It says it needs to recharge, even though it's been over a day since I last used it.

It's a common glitch. You haven't been messing with your clock, have you?

Chariblaze said:
It's a common glitch. You haven't been messing with your clock, have you?

Well, I did because the date was wrong, but that was two days ago.
EDIT: It's been like 3 days now. Does anybody know what's going on?

I don't know for certain, but you might have to not connect for 24 hours. Clock changes can lead to problems, and I don't think you need to wait to try to connect, but it's something to try I suppose.

Chariblaze said:
I don't know for certain, but you might have to not connect for 24 hours. Clock changes can lead to problems, and I don't think you need to wait to try to connect, but it's something to try I suppose.
Wait, so I shouldn't try to access game sync for 24 hours?

I'm a bit confused about how Hidden Hollows work. I saw that Techniloom was available via a Hidden Hollow. I then checked the list of Pokemon in the BW2 Pokedex on Bulbapedia, but didn't see Breloom, nor other Hidden Hollow Pokemon like Manetric. Is Bulbapedia wrong? Are these certain Hollows or Pokemon only available post-E4?

TL;DR:magnets Hidden Hollows, how do they work?

I noticed one thing weird in Pokemon Black: If you're Surfing in the water in front of the guy who talks about Cobalion, just outside Driftveil, and you try to walk up to him, you'll jump out of the water and be inside him. Is that normal? That's the only spot I've found where you can do that.

Alright, A while back I asked about the Bonus Disc for Colloseum. I bought it and have obtained a Jirachi. The data for the transfer was saved onto the cartridge so would I be able to delete the save file after transfering to a 4th gen game and re-download another Jirachi or would I need another cartridge to download another one?

Also, does anyone know any good sets for a Sassy Jirachi?? I might just keep mine UT otherwise.

Well, I got to thinking, since it takes two Pokemon to create the new Kyurem formes, how will the formes become shiny? Does it take both Pokemon to be shiny to create the shiny Kyurem-B/W? Or does it just have to be one of them? If so, is it a certain one? Or does it not matter?

Same question but for EVs. Does it take Kyurems Evs or from Zekrom/Reshiram? Or maybe it has its own unique EVs?

Also, sorry for the quick next question :p, but, what would happen if you EV trained one of the Kyurem formes then introduced another Zekrom/changed its forme?

I think that since the name is Kyurem and not Zekrom/Reshiram after the change, it'd retain Kyurems IVs/Nature/EVs.

Puff said:
I noticed one thing weird in Pokemon Black: If you're Surfing in the water in front of the guy who talks about Cobalion, just outside Driftveil, and you try to walk up to him, you'll jump out of the water and be inside him. Is that normal? That's the only spot I've found where you can do that.

I'd imagine it's a bug that wasn't found during testing. So on a technical level, yes, that's normal.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Alright, A while back I asked about the Bonus Disc for Colloseum. I bought it and have obtained a Jirachi. The data for the transfer was saved onto the cartridge so would I be able to delete the save file after transfering to a 4th gen game and re-download another Jirachi or would I need another cartridge to download another one?

Also, does anyone know any good sets for a Sassy Jirachi?? I might just keep mine UT otherwise.

Does transferring the Jirachi involve Mystery Event/Gift? I don't think it does, and in that case, you don't need to erase any cartridges; just redo the demo and transfer another Jirachi. If that's not the case, deleting the Gen III save file ought to do it; I believe the only event that was one-per-cartridge was the Ranger 1 Manaphy event.

Chariblaze said:
I'd imagine it's a bug that wasn't found during testing. So on a technical level, yes, that's normal.

Did transferring the Jirachi involve Mystery Event/Gift? I don't think it does, and in that case, you don't need to erase any cartridges; just redo the demo and transfer another Jirachi. If that's not the case, deleting the Gen III save file ought to do it; I believe the only event that was one-per-cartridge was the Ranger 1 Manaphy event.
Thanks for the help. I'm deleting my Ruby save to try again tommorow, the time on my Platinum didn't correspond with the one on my DS.

Shadow Scyther said:
Same question but for EVs. Does it take Kyurems Evs or from Zekrom/Reshiram? Or maybe it has its own unique EVs?

I think it was stated back in the news thread it draws from Kyurem's EVs. I believe it also draws from Kyurem's shininess. The Reshiram and Zekrom are naught more than means to an end in this case.

I want to become dream pals with a ton of people, but I'm not sure how to add them. Could someone please explain this to me? Thanks

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pok%C3%A9mon-global-link-dream-world-guide

Look under Section 3 - near the bit that talks about the Dream Map. That is currently the only way to add Dream Pals afaik.

Bisharp37 said:
The Hidden Hollows are various small areas dotted around the Unova region. These areas are small gaps between two trees and can be accessed by interacting with the tree. While they seem relatively empty, they have numerous features which make them very prominent; The can give out Pokémon with Hidden Abilities, usually Pokémon from within that area. In addition to that, you may find a standard item sitting in the middle or an item hidden for access with the Dowsing Mchn.

Typically, when you go to an area, once you've mined it for its interactable Pokémon and items, it is useless, the Hidden Hollow is different. The contents of the Hidden Hollows change and get regenerated repeatedly. The current iteration between regeneration is not yet known but it's less than a day.

Thank you for cping that straight from the Serebii page instead of answering my question. But, it's okay; my question was answered on another site. Non-Unova-dex Pokemon only show up post-E4.

Back