BW/BW2 The Isshu Region Speculation Thread (now with new larger map!)

I experienced it first hand. I even saw one of the towers with lots of smoke pouring from it. Personally, I'm not offended by it, in fact i feel honored that they would do that (if they did). IF they DO do it, i hope the soccer moms don't get it censored.

They won't i wasn't there even thought i would like to live in new york but i know it would bring back painful memories for some of the families.

They probably would do it. They can get away with it easily too because most people who play the games don't know they're playing in a region based off an actual place. Besides, the pokemon world is really just a parallel universe.

only problem is that isshu isnt based off the us. even if something like 911 were to be part of the game it would look more like the place with a spin on it like the pokemon tower in kanto. the cities are what matter and landmarks resemble realword monuments so im gonna have to disagree.

Playerking95 said:
Not isshu based off of New york again as i've said before i doubt it.

There are tons of evidence that supports the theory and almost no evidence that proves it false so it's most likely true.

I just noticed the entrance to the cave on the left is covered by a spider-web.
And one of the caves is electric based... Maybe denchura is a one-time pokemon, like Snorlax? Like... It's blocking the cave entrance, so you have to catch/KILL (hahaha) it to get past it?

nmg9c2.jpg

Nessthefox said:
There are tons of evidence that supports the theory and almost no evidence that proves it false so it's most likely true.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We could be wrong, but SO MUCH EVIDENCE points to this. It's the best theory we've got so far.

I was playing some Pokemon Colosseum and it got me thinking, perhaps Isshu is close to Orre. It's stated that they're both very hi-tech compared to the other regions and they both include a large desert. Since neither of them are based on Japan maybe they both are on the same land mass away from the other 4 regions. I think it would be so awesome if Orre was a playable area in Black and White.

PokeBeach Bum said:
I was playing some Pokemon Colosseum and it got me thinking, perhaps Isshu is close to Orre. It's stated that they're both very hi-tech compared to the other regions and they both include a large desert. Since neither of them are based on Japan maybe they both are on the same land mass away from the other 4 regions. I think it would be so awesome if Orre was a playable area in Black and White.

I thought orre was based off somewhere in Japan also!?
Anyway, I don't really think so but it could be!
Offtopic: does anyone know where PBR is to be located in the pokemon world?

I think Isshun is like the Australia/Madagascar/Galapagos of the pokemon world (but more Australia, 'cause of the size, and the mountains...), I mean, think about it, located so far away, there are new strange pokémons that live only there. The same thing goes for the kangoroos, echnidias, koalas, platypuses and etc.

Irishkappa208 said:
I think Isshun is like the Australia/Madagascar/Galapagos of the pokemon world (but more Australia, 'cause of the size, and the mountains...), I mean, think about it, located so far away, there are new strange pokémons that live only there. The same thing goes for the kangoroos, echnidias, koalas, platypuses and etc.

^ haven't seen a more true theory in about a month

rockinpikachu said:
^ haven't seen a more true theory in about a month

It's just that I don't see why Isshun would be based of NYC, maybe the whole United States (the desert beign the central desert of USA and the mountain beign the rocky moutains and stuff) but NYC, really? Sice when does NYC have a desert, moutains or forests?

Edit: BTW SQUIRTLETamer08, I loved HGSS :)

Irishkappa208 said:
It's just that I don't see why Isshun would be based of NYC, maybe the whole United States (the desert beign the central desert of USA and the mountain beign the rocky moutains and stuff) but NYC, really? Sice when does NYC have a desert, moutains or forests?

Well considering the past four region areas that where not in their real life counter part kind of makes that point null and void. I mean just because a region is based off an area doesn't mean everything will match up perfectly with the region that it's based off of. It is very possible that it is based of New York. I mean there's no region based off all of Japan just certain areas, so it would makes sense if they did that with America.

Irishkappa208 said:
The real life counterpart for Hoenn doesn't have a desert either.

All the regions so far are based on the SHAPE of their real life counterpart, not the geography.

Irishkappa208 said:

I am an australian and i did not see that awesome theory. Sure i thought about it once because of the desert but then i thought nah nothing else resembles Australia.

Irishkappa208 said:

Dude, y do so many people still think that new York is not isshu. It is isshu. Oh and as far as I know, squirtletamer hated HGSS

howelllawson said:
The real life counterpart for Hoenn doesn't have a desert either.

All the regions so far are based on the SHAPE of their real life counterpart, not the geography.
exactly!
i still dont see why people use that as proof that NYC isnt Isshu
my speculation: isshu is a combination of both NYC and Shanghai
if its not: then its just new york, dont deny it

Back