BW/BW2 The Isshu Region Speculation Thread (now with new larger map!)

@Kamen no Otoko: Oh, yeah, I know the location of the Ryuurasen Tower [in fact, I posted about its location ages ago, right after the B/W Demo Video was shown... But I'm pretty sure I was ignored.:(], I just don't know where Iris is standing.

@rockinpikachu: Yeah, that was just for the demo, though. They can always start the player off at any random point, like in the G/S/C Demos. You can see the (icicle?) landmark in the B/W Demo footage, and you can clearly see it circled on the picture above.

Which I also pointed out long ago... only to be ignored. >_>

@Hellion: Oh, no worries! :cool: Given the context of what the old man next to her is saying, as well as the décor of the room in which they are standing, I would wager that they are, in fact, inside the Dragon Spiral Tower.

@rockinpikachu: No, I think you're confusing it with Karakusa City. Karakusa is the town just north of Kanako Town (hometown), and it is where you first encounter Team Plasma. Sekka has been confirmed (via the demos in Japan) to be the town that Timeshift pointed out. ;)

@rockinpikachu - The second city with a gym is Shippou City (where Aloe's gym is). Sekka City is probably the sixth (or thereabouts) city you visit, and it apparently has an Ice-type gym (see the pic I posted above). I get confused between the names of cities as well sometimes! XD

Warning: Big Image Ahead

I found a in game map of Isshu, and labeled it according to a map seen in Corocoro. The clouds are hiding some towns.

isshumap.jpg

Isshu 99% confirmed to be NY. PokemonPia's cover has a line on it that says "The adventure is in New York?!" So yeah.

I noticed on the Isshu map, in the place near the ice caves ad windmills, wasnt there supposed to be an winter exclusive area that leads to above the cave? In the map it looks like the top of the caves leads to that misty castle looking thing. Whats with that? Maybe it has a special item, and certain pokemon?

It might be hard to see, but it seems like there is like a small house inside the lower forest on the map or it might be just a trunk of a tree. Since the Isshu region is huge it is hard to see all the small houses that might be down there when looking at the map. Hopefully during the game we will be able to see better of how the places look like.

i like this new region. Im hoping that the routes wont be as short.... Its annoying when i get from town to town is five seconds...

Yeah I want the routes at least longer so we can explore the Isshu region a bit more. Well since the Isshu region looks bigger the routes maybe longer as well. We might also see some houses that maybe hard to see from the Isshu region map. There also seem to be a lot of castle like buildings.

Im hoping for that. And that the games will be harder to figure out. We have been having the same story every time. Beat the bad guys before the eighth gym. I want a change in pace. Plus there seems to be a bunch of new places that you cant see on the map.

I think these games will be as easy as they were before (generations) because the little kids that play cant have trouble.

^It is. Nintendo confirmed that Black and White is a 'reboot' of the series and that it will be aimed towards older kids.

BTW, rockinpikachu, your new sig and avatar are insanely awesome. Although I liked your old avatar.

Off Topic: ^Ikr why can't they just make a pokemon game specifically for teenagers/adults!? It would be harder in terms of gameplay, therefore making it more fun, and there could be violence, bad language, s*x (though that's kind of sick in a pokemon game o_0), e.t.c. I'm beginning to feel like I've outgrown it :( - at LEAST make a pokemon game for older people, then I could at least feel better >:]

On Topic: Longer routes would definitely be a good improvement, but considering how much effort they've put into graphics and new features, it makes you wonder if they've got enough time to extend the length of the routes. I'm also thinking that Sanyou City has something to do with the plot, because apparently it means the same as Yang - "South side of the mountain" (or vice versa, I don't remember), and from the map we can see that it is indeed located South of the Eastern mountain.

EDIT: Ninja'd - sort of.

Back