BW/BW2 The Isshu Region Speculation Thread (now with new larger map!)

frostwind

I'm baaaacccckkkk
off topic: yeah i want a more adult game. Not like sex or anything but more like the manga. A lot harder like other games and less fruity and perfect. Atleast this game will do.
on topic: The games are more for older kids. Little kids will still buy it to be a big boy or big girl, but people in 8th grade like me want to have some fun to. Pokemon doesnt outgrow anyone so the region wont be overly simple or too hard.

rockinpikachu

"grrr" That's my grrrr face
Ok guys stay on topic and don't talk about that stuff (putting a * in front of things doesn't make a difference. We still know what your saying.) IMO I would never want a adult pokemon game but a 10 or 1 and up game like we are getting now.
(oh and thanks for the compliments on the sig and avy. PM me next time but I like this avy better because the other 1 was cute but i'm a boy lol)
Ok from here on out lets stay ontopic.

frostwind

I'm baaaacccckkkk
Well im fine with the reboot in the routes. Seems so new to me. I also love the seasons and their affect on the region. Wonder if we get to access more version exclusive places. What would be awesome is going to a different versions game and get access to their places.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I wonder if the Isshu region will change in the map of the game depending on what season it is. I would really like this idea and it would also be cool. Though I would especially like if they extended the routes a bit or add more things to see when your going to the next town.

Timeshift

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, come to think of it, the routes probably are quite long. We've seen motorised vehicles on roads, which implies that they're "too long to walk" (although we'll all manage to get around on foot somehow). A perfect example of this is the Sky Arrow Bridge. We've seen cars driving along beneath you, and as the camera moves, you can really see the extent of the bridge's span. I understand that not everything in the Isshu region artwork is necessarily going to be drawn to scale, but even so, the Sky Arrow Bridge looks relatively small compared to the size of Isshu.

@Ice Arceus - Like Playerking said, where was this "house"? I know you said it was in a forest but I don't know where to look! XD I'm just interested to see exactly how small it is compared to the region.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I said it is going to be extremely hard to see if it is a house or not. It is located at the bottom of the map where the forests are under the mountain. Though after looking at is closely I am coming to think of it as a weird looking tree trunk that stands out in the forest.

JacobeTheElf

Future Marine and hopeful Army Ranger
The new region looks huge! I like it because it has a very diverse landscape. (goes right from a city to a desert to an amusement park to a nice park thing with spiraling tower thing. Not to mention forests and ruins and mountains!)

FlyScorpion

Magikarp Bait
Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but in the center of the city in the north-middle there is a castle building and if you look closely there are 2 dragon heads. There are hints that these games will have a medieval theme in several places (Team Plasma's clothes, etc.) and I looked at a frame-by-frame gameplay video of Zekrom and Reshiram roaring and they appear to be inside a palace-looking place. So I predict the storyline climax takes place there. Just my 2 cents!

Illusion

Become: fire-ice Pokémon trainer
the new region should be really big and have many many ruotes. Basically the size of the anime region in the game.

Illusion

Become: fire-ice Pokémon trainer
Really? Because i wouldnt like that. It basically gets rid of fly. Unless there were airports in big cities only. Then i would be okay with it.

angadandzekrom

Aspiring Trainer
i dont believe all that will be on there because when diamond and pearl were coming up the map was a lot smaller than they said it was

Hellion

Passion!
In the one of newer videos, you can see Team Rocket trying to take Ash's Pikachu at some sort of dock, and the plane is in the background. You can also see the light panels from the art in the clip. Sounds solid to me.

Starrk

Who are these people?! ;-;
^Could be that plane that was also seen in another pic of Black and White.

J

jazz@

corocoro has a larger map revealing more to the region

Attachments

• 4731732720_2165526791_b.jpg
    4731732720_2165526791_b.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 34

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
@Jazz@: Yeah that is the same map as the one on the front post.

Anyways I have a feeling that in the anime there is going to be a lot of towns since it is a very big region. We haven't even seen all the towns yet that will be present in the games. This region is by far really big, and will probably contain various types of buildings. It also seems like the boats will actually take the players to the islands.