BW/BW2 The Isshu Region Speculation Thread (now with new larger map!)

howelllawson said:
The real life counterpart for Hoenn doesn't have a desert either.

All the regions so far are based on the SHAPE of their real life counterpart, not the geography.

Well, I never thought about THAT, so yeah, now it does make sense hahaha

Oh, and rockinpikachu, I know squirtletamer hated HGSS, thats what I meant, that not everybody, like he said, hated HGSS.

Shadow Arceus said:
exactly!
i still don't see why people use that as proof that NYC isnt Isshu
my speculation: isshu is a combination of both NYC and Shanghai
if its not: then its just new york, don't deny it
I will always deny that it's not New york lol it could be new zealand.

sick of saying this but the places are based off the cities. every city has been based off a realworld city, just bumped up to a pokemon like place. also isshu is far away from ALL the regions and orre counts.

SinRaven said:
More like this:

77214561.jpg

Edit:

Hehheh, looks like I mixed Entrance Victory Road and Pokemon League. Will edit quickly.
Erm, the thing on the left looks like an airfield, and they said so in the magizine in which the large map was revealed.

all the sites say that isshu is far away from ALL regions and orre is a region. besides why would orre possibly get a side quest for ds when it could be a brand new game for wii?
see other thread on new colisseum.

dude, orre has nothing to do with this! and how could isshu be new zealand? they look nothing alike!

^ the basic shape is all that matters, and new zealand looks nothing like isshu, basic shape-wise
and just because you posted a picture of a big city in new zealand and called it proof, doesnt mean i cant post a pic of NYC and call it proof
or were you being sarcastic?

It was kind of sarcasm. I had branded the original post of the theory with a 'random speculation' tag.

I still think it's based off of an American location, though.

name all the american cities that are in the adjacent places of the known isshu cities. then point out the counterparts to all the landmarks that happen to be in the same place as isshu. find that and ill beleive you until then america is not isshu. thats prerty much all the other regions so theres my proof.

name all the american cities that are in the adjacent places of the known isshu cities. then point out the counterparts to all the landmarks that happen to be in the same place as isshu. find that and ill beleive you until then america is not isshu. thats prerty much all the other regions so theres my proof.

frostwind said:

A collection of proof

^Is that good enough for you?

frostwind said:

not neccesarily true, since isshu is NYC, gf changed it up, because what would be the fun in a region that is entirely city? why is it ok for the geography to be changed but not the cities?
and yes, there is no doubt about it, NYC=isshu, deal with it =)3

thats what all the regions where like just spiced up a lot. and your proof is ok but not nearly as good as shanghai not that it matters. why does everyone care about where isshu is based off anyway its not like any of us live there.

^there is currently more proof for NYC over Shanghia
imo its a combination of both, and NYC looks more like isshu, basic shape-wise, anyway

I'm pretty convinced #5 is an airport now, that has to do with the box Legends. In the newest videos, we see Iris standing next to an unfamiliar character. In the text box that was shown, the man said something about not knowing how to awaken a dragon Pokemon. Now, I'm pretty sure they were standing in the tower near the airport, because they showed the player standing in front of the tower in the scene before. They (Iris and the man) could also be in the Ryuurasen Tower (the impressive one covered by clouds), which I'm almost 100% sure is the tower with the spiraling stairway, also shown in the clip. Ryuurasen translates to Spiraling Dragon BTW.

So, uh, yeah... I'm thinking the airport takes you to the legends.

Hellion said:
I'm pretty convinced #5 is an airport now, that has to do with the box Legends. In the newest videos, we see Iris standing next to an unfamiliar character. In the text box that was shown, the man said something about not knowing how to awaken a dragon Pokemon. Now, I'm pretty sure they were standing in the tower near the airport, because they showed the player standing in front of the tower in the scene before. They (Iris and the man) could also be in the Ryuurasen Tower (the impressive one covered by clouds), which I'm almost 100% sure is the tower with the spiraling stairway, also shown in the clip. Ryuurasen translates to Spiraling Dragon BTW.

So, uh, yeah... I'm thinking the airport takes you to the legends.

Not quite, actually. In one of the recent videos from Pokémon Sunday, Prof. Araragi's aide mentions that she is waiting for you at Dragon Spiral Tower, which is located at the end of the path leading north out of Sekka City. Since we know that Sekka City is the town with the windmills and the Pokémon Gym that looks like a cave with blue crystals on the outside, we can safely say that the Dragon Spiral Tower is actually the northern castle shrouded in mist.

My guess is that the spiral stairway is actually the Tower of Heaven, referenced in one of the High Link missions.

Back