BW/BW2 The Future Games Speculation Thread

If we do get Ruby/Sapphire remakes, then they'll more likely have Emerald Version's storylines in regards to Team Magma, Team Aqua and the Battle Frontier, plus other new storylines that are not in the Emerald Version (like how the Gold and Silver remakes getting a Safari Zone).

Kangaflora said:
If we do get Ruby/Sapphire remakes, then they'll more likely have Emerald Version's storylines in regards to Team Magma, Team Aqua and the Battle Frontier, plus other new storylines that are not in the Emerald Version (like how the Gold and Silver remakes getting a Safari Zone).
Not necessarily, SInce GS had hardly any relevance to the box legends, they did it so that there is some sort of involvement. But, in RS, Legendaries have just about everything to do with the game. Another reason is that FRLG don't play out like yellow.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Not necessarily, SInce GS had hardly any relevance to the box legends, they did it so that there is some sort of involvement. But, in RS, Legendaries have just about everything to do with the game. Another reason is that FRLG don't play out like yellow.

They might pull an Emerald Rayquaza; have Kyogre and Groudon battling, have Rayquaza subside it, and then let the player simply go somewhere to catch Kyogre or Groudon, similar to how you could just go back to Sky Pillar and pick up a Rayquaza (though I do wonder if it was unintentional. Level 70 before the E4 on the most underpowered region?)

I never made it to the Elite 4 in Gen 3. Then again, I almost always started with Torchic just because I almost always use the fire type starters(unless that generation's fire type is the easy way out), because I like a challenge. The twin gym leaders always beat me like a red headed step child.

If you look on the main site, AND the Serebii site, there's loads of stuff pointing to the Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

Metalizard said:
^Actually, the fact that a lot of gen 3 legends are catchable in BW2, indicates there won't be any remakes...

olimar1023 said:
No more Hoenn remakes...how sad :(
Maybe you can travel there in B2 W2 like you can travel to Kanto in HG SS.

Not quite boys. Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, and the MAJORITY of the Pokémon doomed UNOBTAINABLE in Black 2 and White 2 (and Black and White Combined) all come from Generation III. (And the Hoenn Starters aren't obtainable either.) There's still a chance for Ruby and Sapphire remakes as Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are yet to be made obtainable in Generation V.

Metalizard said:
^Except those are obtained in HGSS (and BW2 still has the PokéTransfer)...

And Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza (er, maybe not Rayquaza, I don't remember) had recent events, though that can be taken as "You're not getting R/S remakes, so here are some exclusives." or "Look, it's your old pals! Get hyped!".

Do you lot REALLY think GAME FREAK would be that cruel as to let us go a single Generation without a Safari Zone? No, I don't think so. Besides, the Ruby and Sapphire remakes would mean more money for the company, and a chance to capture Pokémon which would've otherwise force us to breed their evolved forms like they're doing in Generation IV and the first four games of Generation V.

Kangaflora said:
Do you lot REALLY think GAME FREAK would be that cruel as to let us go a single Generation without a Safari Zone? No, I don't think so. Besides, the Ruby and Sapphire remakes would mean more money for the company, and a chance to capture Pokémon which would've otherwise force us to breed their evolved forms like they're doing in Generation IV and the first four games of Generation V.
Although I agree with you, they most likely do not care about the Safari Zone. Also, I am among the few people who still believe there may be a chance of R/S remakes. There is no true pattern, as there has only been 2 sets of remakes, but they could make a truckload of money making these. Personally though, I am hanging on based on preference, since Sapphire was my very first game.

Kangaflora said:
Not quite boys. Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, and the MAJORITY of the Pokémon doomed UNOBTAINABLE in Black 2 and White 2 (and Black and White Combined) all come from Generation III. (And the Hoenn Starters aren't obtainable either.) There's still a chance for Ruby and Sapphire remakes as Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are yet to be made obtainable in Generation V.

Umm what? The weather trio definitely is possible to brought into BW/BW2. It's called Poketransfer, get HG or SS (or both), capture either Groudon/Kyogre, then trade the Pokemon over to the other game and get Rayquaza, then you transfer to BW/BW2. You can also get the Hoenn starters (albeit you'd need to restart each game to get all 3) in HGSS.

Sorry if someone already said this( I have not read the whole thread) but if they make a third Gen 5 game that is just one single game, I'm hoping the main legendary will be the Original Dragon, Resiram and Zekrom combined, maybe even with Kyurem somehow combined. On a different note, WPM posted news about the Genesect reveal and said that their may be a Gen 6 Pokemon in the next movie. They went through Gen 5 really fast. So, I'm wondering if they will reveal a new Gen or possibly R/S/E remakes first ( I am hoping for remakes). Also, I read that Emerald was second best selling video game of 2005, so they could make a big chunk of change if they remade them. Lastly, they could make any of these possibilities just for 3DS and people might just buy a new handheld just to buy them making them even more money or people might not think it's worth it to buy a 3DS just to play them so they might just make it for both DS and 3DS.
EDIT: I forgot to mention, in HG, SS, a man in a green suit said they were working on remakes, I don't know if him wearing green is significant or not.

Metalizard said:
^Actually, the fact that a lot of gen 3 legends are catchable in BW2, indicates there won't be any remakes...
The legendary dogs were catchable in FireRed and LeafGreen! That must mean there won't be any GSC remakes!
...oh, wait. There were.

don()shinobi said:
The legendary dogs were catchable in FireRed and LeafGreen! That must mean there won't be any GSC remakes!
...oh, wait. There were.

He meant in the same generation. What he's saying is that we won't get R/S/E remakes for at least another year and a half.

First of all, I don't think we're getting another 5th gen game, 5th gen seems to have run its course already despite only releasing two sets of games. Just about the only thing left that would have any ties to 5th gen would be to create the Original Dragon, and that's something that could happen 6th gen. And no RS remakes, either, 3rd and 5th gen are too similar to warrant bringing back RSE yet. The graphics look too similar because 4th gen is just 3rd gen with slightly more 3D and 5th gen is almost identical to 4th gen because it's on the same system. In terms of game mechanics, the only major difference is the physical/special split, and double grass and shaking spots, and even then, that's not enough of a change. 2nd and 3rd gen brought with them much more drastic changes to the games. So I'd wait until 6th gen for that. Now then, here are some things I'd like to see for 6th gen:

-Bring back the Vs. Seeker or create a new trainer rematch mechanic that works similarly, and never remove it. Unlimited trainer rematches are always good, and I was disappointed when BW1 severely limited trainer rematches and even more disappointed when BW2 did nothing to fix it.
-Bring back Pokemon following you. That was one of the most fun changes they made to HGSS, it adds to the notion that Pokemon are supposed to be your friends and nothing beats the feeling of walking around in the world with your favorite Pokemon following you around. Possibly also make this mechanic more useful to the gameplay, such as the Pokemon following you increases their happiness quicker, or maybe even affects encounter rates in some way or something (I can't think of anything ATM).
-Revert the EXP system to the way it was before so we don't have to rely on Audinos and Lucky Eggs to train.
-Make the regional design/storyline progression as complex as it used to be. Unova was overall horribly designed since most of the areas were connected with one long path circling around the northern half of the region. This is bad regional design because it discourages backtracking and exploration, in fact in BW1, you travel almost completely in a straight line from start to finish (aside from one little detour to Relic Castle after the 7th gym). BW2 is slightly better about this, but the hexagon section of Unova still limits how complex the storyline progression can be. Better examples of good regional design would include Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.
-Include the following mechanics from 5th gen:
-Medals. Like every other achievement system in video games, medals are an incentive to go back and accomplish certain things in the game that you might not have wanted to do otherwise, increasing replay value.
-Double Grass/Shaking Spots. If brought back, they need to be careful about what kinds of Pokemon can be made available through these methods. BW1 and BW2 both pretty much screwed this up. Shaking Spots had little more than Audinos (whose only use is as an overcorrection for the crappy EXP system in 5th gen) and evolutions to Pokemon you could already catch on the route. Double Grass offered pretty much no change to the usual encounters except for higher levels and an evolution here and there, also Double Grass patches were strewn about randomly and didn't really have much purpose. It's become apparent that Game Freak has no idea what to do with them. Allowing you to catch evolutions so easily defeats the purpose of having to evolve your Pokemon in the first place. Furthermore, Pokemon that evolve by evolution stone especially should not be catchable, since they have undeveloped movesets. And especially not extremely rare and powerful ones like Dragonite or Tyranitar, what sense does it make allowing you to catch some of the most powerful Pokemon in the game? Anyway, Shaking Spots should be used to house rarer Pokemon, making them, you know, rare. Double Grass is a bit trickier, ideally it's best used for backtracking at a later point in the game (for example, the Double Grass on Rt. 1 is only accessible when you have Surf and allows you to encounter stronger Pokemon than the usual Lv. 2 Patrats and Lillipups), but other than that, I suppose it can be used for if you're trying to go off the beaten path for whatever reason (either for some sort of side area, an area that you'd need an HM for, or a shortcut to the next area), and the Pokemon can be similar to the normal ones but with a few more semi-rare and evolved Pokemon.
-Missions such as Entralink and Fes Missions.
-The World Tournament. You gotta admit, this is probably the best idea they've come up with in BW2. Being able to rematch gym leaders is always fun, but rematching EVERY gym leader (or at least almost every gym leader)? Yes, please. If they ever bring back the Battle Frontier, this should be a staple facility in it along with the Battle Tower and Battle Factory.

That's about all I can think of ATM.

Could we have a Gen 3 remake? Of course, there's plenty of room.

Could we have a Gen 4 and forward remake? Hell no, remakes should only be for games that are hard to find, like RSE and under. Gen 4 or higher remakes are just overkill and are useless.

Back