BW/BW2 The Future Games Speculation Thread

Equinox said:
Could we have a Gen 3 remake? Of course, there's plenty of room.

Could we have a Gen 4 and forward remake? Hell no, remakes should only be for games that are hard to find, like RSE and under. Gen 4 or higher remakes are just overkill and are useless.

What about 5 years or so from now when DS games become obsolete?

I doubt they will be obsolete, seeing as how we see such a continuation within the DS line. Besides, that's five years from now you cannot predict what will happen. A better example would include the Game Boy Advance series, they've definitely been around for a long while.

Equinox said:
That still either way goes with what I said, and, again, look how long Gameboy Advance lasted? Quite awhile.

How long is irrelevant, my point is everything becomes obsolete eventually, so you can't use that as an argument for them to never remake any game from 4th and 5th gen, because after so long, they'll all be "hard to find".

Bolt the Cat said:
How long is irrelevant, my point is everything becomes obsolete eventually, so you can't use that as an argument for them to never remake any game from 4th and 5th gen, because after so long, they'll all be "hard to find".

After so long yes, but I mean, I doubt they'll be making remakes of 4th Gen and 5th Gen anytime soon. It's been what? 4 or so years (off the top of my head) since DPP came out? Why create remakes so quickly? That is something that doesn't make sense.

Equinox said:
After so long yes, but I mean, I doubt they'll be making remakes of 4th Gen and 5th Gen anytime soon. It's been what? 4 or so years (off the top of my head) since DPP came out? Why create remakes so quickly? That is something that doesn't make sense.

I agree with that, it's just that your post implies that those games should never be remade.

Bolt the Cat said:
I agree with that, it's just that your post implies that those games should never be remade.

Oh, no, sorry, I just meant to say people shouldn't be so hasty and start talking about a 4th Gen remake so fast.

Well, now that Gen 6 has been announced, how about we pick up from there, eh? One thing i'm hoping for is customizeable characters. It looks likely to happen. What do you guys think?

This is probably more of a 7th or 8th gen kind of thing at the earliest, but it'd be nice to see two sets of sequels to HGSS, one based entirely in Kanto and one based entirely in Johto, so that both regions can develop a sort of separate identity. Because let's face it, they both kind of feel like half a region compared to more modern ones like Hoenn and Sinnoh. But I doubt that'll happen anytime soon, HGSS is too recent a game and people are sick of Kanto after having it for 4 gens in a row. Anyway, here's what I think might happen in the immediate future (6th gen):

2013- XY (confirmed)
2014- XY DLC
2015- RS2
2016/2017- XY2/Z
2018/2019- 7th gen?

I think they might want to consider making Pokemon generations a bit longer from now on, considering that console generations are starting to get to be about 7+ years that would mean that either Pokemon has to follow suit, or we'd have to have multiple generations per handheld like they did with the DS. 5+ years is probably a reasonable length for 6th gen if they choose the former, because by then the 3DS' successor will probably be out around then. If they choose the latter, though, they can just bump up 7th gen to 2016/2017 and 7th gen will be the 5th gen of the 3DS, likely extending the 3DS' lifespan for a while after its successor comes out.

Xerneas said:
There has to be a ruby & sapphire remake next year :p

I'm not going to say RS remakes are an absolute necessity like some people would, but I'd be quite surprised if we don't get one within a year or two, I think after XY is the right time for it. That being said, if they do decide to remake RS, I don't want it to be a straight remake, that'd be kind of boring. It'd be more interesting if we got a remake in a similar style to BW2, we could revisit the areas, but with a different plot, storyline path, Pokedex (4th, 5th, and 6th gen Pokemon would be added, as well as a few more 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon). It'd be a great way to re-experience the Hoenn region in a way that it'd still feel fresh.

Back