ORAS Team Magma / Team Aqua Discussion Thread

So here's what I think. I think the megas and devolutions will have an effect on their story to a noticeable amount, but not so much that it's a different story.

Possibly an extended story where after they awaken the beasts, they go after devolving them to make them stronger and such?

Possibly some form of after e4 story and such? I'd actually like a story after the main game just for the devolutions, since reworking the main story too much will well...make it a new story.

Axell Starr said:
So here's what I think. I think the megas and devolutions will have an effect on their story to a noticeable amount, but not so much that it's a different story.

Possibly an extended story where after they awaken the beasts, they go after devolving them to make them stronger and such?

Possibly some form of after e4 story and such? I'd actually like a story after the main game just for the devolutions, since reworking the main story too much will well...make it a new story.

The Primal Reversion being important to the story, of that I am certain.

I mean, there's no way that they'd make two awesome formes to legendaries that haven't been given the spotlight in ages, hype them up and give them cool new moves and be the mascots of remakes of 2 hugely popular Pokemon games just for them to be extras in the postgame.

The fact they're hyping them up so much is almost a dead giveaway that they're gonna be in the story.

Hopefully they won't pull it like Kyurem B/W in 5th gen, where they were talked about, then had about 5 minutes in the game and that was it; Primal Groudon and Kyogre need a good amount of story/screen time.

They'll just go Primal in the climax, I doubt the rest of the story will differ any much apart from people mentioning and using mega evolutions xD

They'd use new pokemon too,like team magma adding in some new fire types(heatmor,darumaka maybe..) and team aqua adding in new water types(alomomola,clamperl..)

Anyway,I hope Archie and Maxies teams are redone(replace mightyena with torkoal/huntail and give them new 4th pokemon)

woohoo962 said:
They'd use new pokemon too,like team magma adding in some new fire types(heatmor,darumaka maybe..) and team aqua adding in new water types(alomomola,clamperl..)

Anyway,I hope Archie and Maxies teams are redone(replace mightyena with torkoal/huntail and give them new 4th pokemon)

But Clamperl was a g3 mon. By new, do you mean have them use mons they previously haven't used?

Yeah I saw that Team Aqua is still trying to "expand the sea" by turning a volcano off... Sigh, I was hoping they took more of a page from Emerald or at least do so for something.

Meaty said:
Yeah I saw that Team Aqua is still trying to "expand the sea" by turning a volcano off... Sigh, I was hoping they took more of a page from Emerald or at least do so for something.

haha

so we can choose if we prefer Aqua turning off a volcano to expand the sea (Sapphire), or Groudon being located in the ocean (Ruby), instead of in that same perfectly appropriate obvious giant volcano on the mainland lol.

If it turns out there is just a Battle Tower in the post-game, I'll wait for the unexpected Emerald remake <_<

I hope they improve team Aqua, and Magma rosters, I would like to see team Aqua use Crawdaunt as well! One of the trivias of Team aqua in Pokemon Emerald they used Wailmer! Wailmer is too bland to be used by villains like Team Aqua lol! Why can't team Aqua use Crawdaunt since it was used by them in the anime, and the manga series significantly, other than Sharpedo?

Seven is a Color said:
I really hope they get unique dialogue. If you play both Ruby and Sapphire and pay attention to their dialogue (or look it up on Bulbapedia), it hardly changes at all between versions. Archie and Maxie had similar dialogue (the only variables are when they mention the legendary they're after and the name of their team), Matt and Tabitha had pretty much the exact same dialogue, as did Shelly and Courtney. It felt like they were parallel versions of each other, not characters with their own individual personalities.

That's true both of Magma, and Aqua admins had the same dialogue. I hope they change the dialogue, and give them more, fleshed-out personalities each of the admins. Since they are version exclusive villains, they should have something unique to them. :)

Mitja said:
If it turns out there is just a Battle Tower in the post-game, I'll wait for the unexpected Emerald remake <_<
Oh I will be extremely upset if they don't include the Emerald battle frontier.

The improvements of team Magma, and Aqua rosters that we're likely to see in OR/AS as follows.

Team Magma's pokemons list: Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Poochyena, Mightyena, Numel, Camerupt, Zangoose, Baltoy, Claydoll.

Note: Zangoose, is a version exclusive Pokemon for Ruby, it will remain exclusive in the remake as well. As for Camerupt it might have a mega evolution.

Team Aqua's Pokemons list: Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Poochyena, Mightyena, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Seviper, Corphish, Crawdaunt.

Another note: Seviper is a version exclusive to sapphire as well, for Sharpedo it's more likely has a mega evolution.

Interesting fact, I remember in the Pokemon TCG department, when they released Team Magma, and team Aqua sets, Baltoy, and Claydoll cards were of Team Magma, and Corphish, Crawdaunt cards were of team Aqua. I'm crossing my fingers to see team Aqua use Crawdaunt, along Sharpedo. Corphish comes before Baltoy in the Hoenn regional dex.

CutePikachu said:
Chespin777 said:
I think there should be version exclusive areas in OR/AS, these areas where you encounter Team Magma/ Team Aqua depending on your version. I hope they improve team Magma&Aqua rosters because they are incredibly weak. At least shove in Zangoose for team Magma, and Seviper for team Aqua. I hope Maxie, and Archie use mega evolutions.

I think it's fairly safe to say they will, given these images from the trailer:

Maxie's got a Key Stone in his glasses, and

Archie's got one on his necklace

Like King Xerneas said, Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo sound like possibilities! :D

Haha! Didn't see that coming! I'm so happy, thanks alot for showing me the screenshots! You made my day. But I'm still placing my hopes high for improving team Magma, and Aqua teams. Please Crawdaunt for team Aqua!

Blob55 said:
Why do the Magma grunts have wooden arms?

I'm pretty sure that's something of a sweater. Regardless, I love the pose Team Magma has going on haha.

On Sharpedo and Camerupt having mega evolutions, I saw a possibly legit picture floating around with silhouettes of all pokemon with new mega evolutions, including the confirmed ones and some others, notably Sharpedo and Camerupt. After Lysandre had a mega evolution, it seems like it might be a standard for all team bosses to have them.

Meaty said:
On Sharpedo and Camerupt having mega evolutions, I saw a possibly legit picture floating around with silhouettes of all pokemon with new mega evolutions, including the confirmed ones and some others, notably Sharpedo and Camerupt. After Lysandre had a mega evolution, it seems like it might be a standard for all team bosses to have them.

Its a fake. I can make a better and more legit looking one if you like lol.

But simply put, there is 0 reason for them to make such a picture in the first place and neither is it reasonable to think they made that many megas of only gen 3 pokes and none other (also diancie isn't even on..).

I haven't seen the picture, but I remember there was a similar picture before X and Y were officially released, supposedly showing all the Pokemon that would get mega evolutions. Galvantula and I think a few others that didn't get megas were on it.

Blob55 said:
Why do the Magma grunts have wooden arms?

It's part of some jumpsuit. I also thought that Maxie was wearing some sort of pantyhose, but it's all the same piece. Still it's lame, because a jumpsuit and shorts seems like an adult schoolboy. Either way, both teams are seen wearing jumpsuits, even Tabitha, whose upper part is ripped.

I'm really curious to know who is these remakes' director. The guy that took care of HG/SS that appeared in Celadon Condominium(s?) seemed to have his head in the right place when he said that simply making a remake wouldn't be fun (or worthy) and that they need to take in consideration the fans' memories but also add something new, and I think that making a remake of those two games but adding Crystal's plot (and the GB Sounds) was very great so I'm left wandering what the hell is happening with AS/OR since going by the screenshots it's the same and reversed plot. :(

PS: people are waiting for a Mega-Sharpedo...It would be soooo funny if it would indeed Mega-evolve but instead of looking like a shark, it turned out into a raging or cute dolphin! XD

Leaf_Ranger said:
Either way, both teams are seen wearing jumpsuits, even Tabitha, whose upper part is ripped.

I think you're thinking of Matt there, actually. As for the mega picture, yeah I'm not surprised, but chances are they're pretty good guessers.

Meaty said:
Mitja said:
Oh I will be extremely upset if they don't include the Emerald battle frontier.

The only reason they wouldn't be is if Emerald is getting remade IMO.

And while we could all facepalm at the thought of an emerald remake... a game that's kinda emerald but also a sequel to ORAS would be perfectly legit oO

Like, what if the remakes were made to satisfy the remake-demand ( hence the plot being kept very true to the originals), but also so that they can go completely wild with emerald, while justifying "third version to remakes" for the first time by making it an actually new game instead of just emerald? xD

What about their teams?

Maxies team-Meteor Falls
Vulpix level 25(Flame Burst,Faint Attack,Imprison,Confuse Ray)Ability:Flash Fire
Torkoal level 25(Rapid Spin,Flame Wheel,Withdraw,Fire Spin)Ability:White Smoke
Numel level 27(Earth Power,Lava Plume,Magnitude,Amnesia)Ability:Simple

Maxies team-Magma Hideout
Ninetales level 37(Flame Burst,Confuse Ray,Flamethrower,Nasty Plot)Ability:Flash Fire
Torkoal level 37(Protect,Lava Plume,Amnesia,Flamethrower)Ability:White Smoke
Camerupt level 39(Yawn,Lava Plume,Rock Slide,Curse)Ability:Solid Rock

Maxies team-Sootopolis city
Ninetales level 43(Nasty Plot,Flamethrower,Flame Burst,Safeguard)Ability:Flash Fire
Magcargo level 43(Shell Smash,Lava Plume,Recover,Ancient Power)Ability:Magma Armor
Torkoal level 43(Lava Plume,Protect,Body Slam,Flamethrower)Ability:White Smoke
Camerupt level 45(Yawn,Rock Slide,Lava Plume,Flame Burst)Ability:Solid Rock

Archies team-Meteor Falls
Staryu level 25(Minimize,Bubble Beam,Camoflauge,Swift)Ability:Natural Cure
Wailmer level 25(Mist,Water Pulse,Astonish,Rollout)Ability:Water Veil
Carvahna level 27(Assurance,Ice Fang,Screech,Bite)Ability:Rough Skin

Archies team-Team Aqua Hideout
Starmie level 37(Hydro Pump,Bubble Beam,Swift,Confuse Ray)Ability:Natural Cure
Wailmer level 37(Amnesia,Water Pulse,Water Spout,Brine)Ability:Water Veil
Sharpedo level 37(Crunch,Aqua Jet,Slash,Swagger)Ability:Rough Skin

Archies team-Sootopolis City
Starmie level 43(Hydro Pump,Confuse Ray,Bubble Beam,Minimize)
Huntail level 43(Crunch,Dive,Ice Fang,Baton Pass)Ability:Swift Swim
Wailord level 43(Amnesia,Water Spout,Brine,Whirlpool)Ability:Water Veil
Sharpedo level 45(Agility,Crunch,Swagger,Aqua Jet)Ability:Rough Skin

Mitja said:
a game that's kinda emerald but also a sequel to ORAS would be perfectly legit oO

Like, what if the remakes were made to satisfy the remake-demand ( hence the plot being kept very true to the originals), but also so that they can go completely wild with emerald, while justifying "third version to remakes" for the first time by making it an actually new game instead of just emerald? xD

Please stop there, you're giving me wild dreams and high hopes that are bound to be crushed.

Back