ORAS Team Magma / Team Aqua Discussion Thread

Blob55 said:
What happened to the leaders and the admins?! Why do they look so different?

Uh, they got redesigned, they're now replacing the old admins, with new redesigned ones. I wouldn't be surprised if they redesign the gym leaders, as well. Although I'm quite fond of team Aqua's new look they've the best lineup.

Chespin777 said:
Blob55 said:

Uh, they got redesigned, they're now replacing the old admins, with new redesigned ones. I wouldn't be surprised if they redesign the gym leaders, as well. Although I'm quite fond of team Aqua's new look they've the best lineup.
And in this corner, with the Lava Cookies eaten by Tabitha, Team Magma! XD

OmegaElectivire765 said:
Chespin777 said:

Haha! Nice one, I doubt Tabitha will have something relevant for the Lava Cookies in the games! Lol XD!

Chespin777 said:
Blob55 said:

So are Shelly and Matt no-longer in existence? Also, I understand a slight redesign, like in Brendoaen and May's case, but this is the first time they make anyone look this different! I think it would make more sense to use these designs for the 7th gen evil team.

Chespin777 said:
OmegaElectivire765 said:

Haha! Nice one, I doubt Tabitha will have something relevant for the Lava Cookies in the games! Lol XD!

Lava Cookies are actually Onigiri (Jelly Donuts), though.

I
Blob55 said:
Chespin777 said:

So are Shelly and Matt no-longer in existence? Also, I understand a slight redesign, like in Brendoaen and May's case, but this is the first time they make anyone look this different! I think it would make more sense to use these designs for the 7th gen evil team.

Chespin777 said:
Haha! Nice one, I doubt Tabitha will have something relevant for the Lava Cookies in the games! Lol XD

Lava Cookies are actually Onigiri (Jelly Donuts), though.

I'm certain this time they'll give both Magma, and Aqua admins personalities, and different dialogue, because they're version exclusive villains. If you've seen the contrast in their dialogue from the past games it is the same, and it hardly changes, the only thing changes is the mentioning of the teams, mascots.

Blob55 said:

Personally, I love the new looks. My guess is that they decided to redesigned the admins to make it look different from grunts. Back in Gen III, I believe admins/grunts had the same outfit, however that changed in Generation IV and so on. I have no idea why they want to change the leaders' looks but I like it anyway especially Archie.

I bet when we commence a battle with Magma's admin Tabitha, we'll see a 3D scene of him munching a Lava Cookie! Lol XD

Windwhip said:
Blob55 said:

Personally, I love the new looks. My guess is that they decided to redesigned the admins to make it look different from grunts. Back in Gen III, I believe admins/grunts had the same outfit, however that changed in Generation IV and so on. I have no idea why they want to change the leaders' looks but I like it anyway especially Archie.

They all (both Aqua & MAgma when comparing to each team's grunts) had the same overworld sprite but their uniforms where different, more noticeable with Magma whose Adm. had white stripes on their pants/skirt, three bracelets on each wrist instead of two, a cape and bigger horns. Aqua's only had a red stripe running the side of the pants (only noticeable in Shelly) and Matt was had an opened vest!

Chespin777 said:
I bet when we commence a battle with Magma's admin Tabitha, we'll see a 3D scene of him munching a Lava Cookie! Lol XD

And Matt eating a Rage Candy Bar and ripping off his vest! XD
As for the females, they'll behave like Pokémon, with Shelly using Attract and Courtney using Fake Tears!
The leaders represent Pokémon abilities with Archie having Intimidate and Maxie having Oblivious!

Blob55 said:
Chespin777 said:

From what we can tell only their looks have been redesigned. They're still Matt, Shelly, Tabitha and Courtney, but now flamboyant, looking akward, pathetic and mad!

Leaf_Ranger said:
Windwhip said:

They all (both Aqua & MAgma when comparing to each team's grunts) had the same overworld sprite but their uniforms where different, more noticeable with Magma whose Adm. had white stripes on their pants/skirt, three bracelets on each wrist instead of two, a cape and bigger horns. Aqua's only had a red stripe running the side of the pants (only noticeable in Shelly) and Matt was had an opened vest!

Chespin777 said:

And Matt eating a Rage Candy Bar and ripping off his vest! XD
As for the females, they'll behave like Pokémon, with Shelly using Attract and Courtney using Fake Tears!
The leaders represent Pokémon abilities with Archie having Intimidate and Maxie having Oblivious!

Blob55 said:

From what we can tell only their looks have been redesigned. They're still Matt, Shelly, Tabitha and Courtney, but now flamboyant, looking akward, pathetic and mad!

I really like how you personify both Magma, and Aqua's aesthetics. So, team Aqua's Admin Matt ate a rage candy bar, he's gone into a rage, and rips his vest off! Shelly is the attractive, intriguing young lady! Aqua's boss Archie is intimidating, and heinous in his behavior! That sounds about right!

I like to think that since Groudon gained the FIre type, he's like the nerdy kid brother to Kyogre, as Kyogre beats Groudon every which way, showing him who's boss and I guess it works in contrast, as Maxie now looks really geek-ish and Archie is intimidating.

Blob55 said:
I like to think that since Groudon gained the FIre type, he's like the nerdy kid brother to Kyogre, as Kyogre beats Groudon every which way, showing him who's boss and I guess it works in contrast, as Maxie now looks really geek-ish and Archie is intimidating.

technically its only Primal Groudon which is /Fire... but it does make it super weak to Kyogre's STAB xD
although in terms of story.. they don't really care how they'd face in a battle, in the anime Kyogre/Groudon were shown to be pretty equally matched... major legendaries are given types because they fit their theme, not because they want one to have a blatant advantage over the other, similarly to Xerneas/Yveltal... life/death is in a constant cycle, something dies, but something gets born, so its balanced... even though Fairy and Dark are the best types to represent the theme.

the only logical way Primal Groudon could get anything to counter Water types would be for its ability to be some sort of evaporation thing due to the heat of its body... but due to Kyogre/Groudons whole schtick I'm betting they'll just be upgraded versions of Drizzle/Drought working the same way they did pre-gen6, in that they're permanent... now that the regular abilities are spread throughout a few Pokemon it makes sense that they get upgraded ones to reinforce the fact that they're the gods of the weather.

Why does Magma's Admin Courtney, looks like a saint? She doesn't look firm, or militant as a villain whatsoever, rather she looks calm. I'm placing a guess she has a 2 faced personality.

His Goominess said:
Blob55 said:

technically its only Primal Groudon which is /Fire... but it does make it super weak to Kyogre's STAB xD
although in terms of story.. they don't really care how they'd face in a battle, in the anime Kyogre/Groudon were shown to be pretty equally matched... major legendaries are given types because they fit their theme, not because they want one to have a blatant advantage over the other, similarly to Xerneas/Yveltal... life/death is in a constant cycle, something dies, but something gets born, so its balanced... even though Fairy and Dark are the best types to represent the theme.

the only logical way Primal Groudon could get anything to counter Water types would be for its ability to be some sort of evaporation thing due to the heat of its body... but due to Kyogre/Groudons whole schtick I'm betting they'll just be upgraded versions of Drizzle/Drought working the same way they did pre-gen6, in that they're permanent... now that the regular abilities are spread throughout a few Pokemon it makes sense that they get upgraded ones to reinforce the fact that they're the gods of the weather.

Gah I remember people were objecting when I suggested that Xerneas and Yveltal wouldn't be "balanced" type-wise, even when I gave Groudon and Kyogre, who actually fight each other as an example lol.

Yeah, the new abilities will likely be about weather again.
But just infinite weather sounds lame to me. And it's still about whos slower when they enter the battle, that last weather sticks around.

So I'm thinking the new abilities will be either
-stronger kinds of weather (like sunshine/rain that do damage or grant immunities to Water/Fire), or
-restart their weather EVERY turn (this would explain the weather alternating constantly if the two face each other)

Theory: Team Aqua is pro-Pokémon, while Team Magma is pro-Human.
You can see Maxie saying "We're trying to enlarge the landmass for the good of everybody!" While Archie says "We're trying to enlarge the sea for the good of Pokémon!" Note that Archie specifically says Pokémon, while Maxie's is more general, but probably refers to people.

So with the new leaks, it mentioned that there would be more Pokemon added to the Hoenn dex, so it's possible the teams for both groups could be greatly different, especially for Archie and Maxie. Maybe Maxie will finally get a Houndoom (I sort of hope it doesn't though).

King Xerneas said:
So with the new leaks, it mentioned that there would be more Pokemon added to the Hoenn dex, so it's possible the teams for both groups could be greatly different, especially for Archie and Maxie. Maybe Maxie will finally get a Houndoom (I sort of hope it doesn't though).

I wouldn't mind seeing Maxie with a Torterra, despite not matching the team's color scheme! :D

Blob55 said:
Theory: Team Aqua is pro-Pokémon, while Team Magma is pro-Human.
You can see Maxie saying "We're trying to enlarge the landmass for the good of everybody!" While Archie says "We're trying to enlarge the sea for the good of Pokémon!" Note that Archie specifically says Pokémon, while Maxie's is more general, but probably refers to people.

N is Wally's distant cousin and he'll make an appearence!
Joking aside, I hope you're wrong just for the sake of not seeing all that black/white, Pokémon/Humans story again!

PS: now I get it, GF is making the evil teams look like X-Men but both are evil, despite being ridiculous as almost every other super-hero when it comes to clothes. :rolleyes:

I hope they repair Magma's and Aqua's horrible team rosters, maybe team Magma gets Vulpix/Ninetales, Torkoal and Slugma/Magcargo, while Aqua gets Corphish/Crawdaunt, Wingull/Pelipper and Luvdisc(You know i'm running out of ideas when I suggest Luvdisc.)

woohoo962 said:
I hope they repair Magma's and Aqua's horrible team rosters, maybe team Magma gets Vulpix/Ninetales, Torkoal and Slugma/Magcargo, while Aqua gets Corphish/Crawdaunt, Wingull/Pelipper and Luvdisc(You know i'm running out of ideas when I suggest Luvdisc.)

Vulpix/Ninetales - I can see them using Drought-utilising ones as psuedo Groudons (being able to set the sun up)
Torkoal - this could work
Slugma/Magcargo - I was surprised they didn't actually use these in the originals.

Corphish/Crawdaunt - this is probably the most logical one out of all the options you put
Wingull/Pelipper - ... it doesn't really fit
Team Aqua is all about the big, deep ocean, the seagull seems a bit too... beach-ey I guess xD
Luvdisc - this ones just too... lovey for a team that have ambitions that include using a super powerful legendary Pokemon to drown the earth xD

I can see them using Gyarados, Lanturn and Jellicent before these.
(Gyara is a huge sea serpent, Lanturn is based on a creature found in the deep ocean, Jellicent is a huge demon jellyfish)

woohoo962 said:
(You know i'm running out of ideas when I suggest Luvdisc.)

Especially in Hoenn, which is filled with Water pokes hehe :D

Like:
-Walrein (which even has a counterpart in Aggron for Magma)
-Tentacruel
-Golduck
-Starmie
-Wailord
-Gyarados
-Gorebyss/Huntail
-Whiscash
-Lanturn (especially with Primal Kyogre being so luminous)
-Azumarill

out of those, most people only think of Crawdaunt, which isn't even found at sea.
It doesn't need to be Dark. Even Magmas signature poke, Camerupt, isn't Dark. Heck Aqua already having Sharpedo, only makes Crawdaunt the least interesting choice of them all.

And again, the clear winner on that list is Wailmer.
By being a sig-move counterpart with Numel, and THE pokemon of Hoenns seas.

I'm still convinced the rosters likely won't change a bit though /:

Back