Rare Pokemon Card Discussion

RE: Pokemon Illustrator

evilpacman said:
Are they really worth that much?

They are *very* rare but rather lackluster IMO.

I wouldn't endorse that asking price.

Just another person, inflating prices. It happens all the time, they are rare, but again it's all about how much one would pay for it.

Would you rather buy a brand new car, or buy that ?. I think I know which one I would rather have, it's just stupid how a piece of card can be worth that much. It does baffle me. I could use that money to pay for a year of University, or put a downpayment on a flat.

TheTPCProductionz said:
Just another person, inflating prices. It happens all the time, they are rare, but again it's all about how much one would pay for it.

Would you rather buy a brand new car, or buy that ?. I think I know which one I would rather have, it's just stupid how a piece of card can be worth that much. It does baffle me. I could use that money to pay for a year of University, or put a downpayment on a flat.

Yes, but if you already have those things paid off, then you could use your money however you please. I'd rather spend my money on something other than a car :p

TheTPCProductionz said:

Well, when you are one of the only people to own something, you can ask whatever you like.

That does not mean that it will sell, but it may.

evilpacman said:
TheTPCProductionz said:

Yes, but if you already have those things paid off, then you could use your money however you please. I'd rather spend my money on something other than a car :p

If I had loads of money spare, I'd buy a few boxes. At least I could sell what I get or keep it.

TheTPCProductionz said:
So how many are actually in existence from what we know ?

According to the description:
One other copy is accounted for and in the private collection of another collector, probably to never be offered for sale. The other 4 are lost to obscurity.

1 collector has a set.
Ebay seller has 2 of the 3.
Another collector claims to have a set, but it is not confirmed.

That accounts for essentially 3 of the 6.

In my opinion, 6 seems a little low, but a possible true number. It was a distributor meeting in the United States. Distributors are the companies that sell the boxes to stores to sell to the general public, so it makes sense that there would only be a few companies there. The only doubt I have is that there might be ~2 more (so a total of 8 instead of 6). Either way, I do not think the number exceeds 10, unless each distributor sent multiple reps and each rep got a card.

I think each card is worth $4k each. I figured this by checking the print run and price points of other promos like the English VS set and the yearly trophy cards.

Lol, I would be a troll by just auctioning it at a starting bid of $0.99, and let the auction go on for 7 days. you would

have massive bidding wars for sure :).

Frost said:
It's in the news recently because Scott Pratte has listed his PSA graded copy on his eBay page.

And it has not been sold. I have no idea why?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-PIKACHU-ILLUSTRATOR-PROMO-GRADED-PSA-9-MINT-RAREST-CARD-HIGHEST-GRADE-/181232887031?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a325264f7

TheTPCProductionz said:
Only 87 offers, wow. I am surprised someone from UPCC didn't buy it, their members seem to have endless pockets.

I rather use the money to buy a car or house than the card.

TheTPCProductionz said:
Haha, good sense of humour you have. Maybe everyone listened to what I said, and acted :).

lol i'm quitting pokemon so that's why i wouldn't buy the card.

Yeah, I remember you saying. It is a shame though, you haven't been here long, but I have seen some of your collection and it made me very happy. I'd love to have a collection like that one day, when I finish college and get a full time job :).

Back