Popular video games that make you go “meh”.

Also, now that I think of this, the end of the world is ("supposed to happen") in 3 days, so there would most likely be a lot less hyperactive 8-year-olds and maybe no electricity to play the games.

Oh well, I did kind of contradict myself there, though.

just saying those hyperactive 8 year olds shouldn't even be playing those types of games in the first place I can understand like a 15-16 year old being able to play a game like COD or some shooter with a lot of violence in it but there are wayy too many 10 and under kids who play these games.

ANYWAYS I find COD to be a very Meh game. Not terrible but just its just a cashcow they release a new game every year that everyone goes nuts about that barely changes anything barely updates the story and releases new maps every season or so why not just release a game every 2-3 years so that when someone compares them they can really see the difference between the 2 mind you graphics these days seem to already be pushing what they can do on consoles so idk where i'm going with this, somebody stop me now before its too late!

ctrl+alt+aria said:
just saying those hyperactive 8 year olds shouldn't even be playing those types of games in the first place I can understand like a 15-16 year old being able to play a game like COD or some shooter with a lot of violence in it but there are wayy too many 10 and under kids who play these games.

I fully agree that parents shouldn't let their younger children get into games like CoD. My mom and dad were smart enough to shoo me away from games like GTA when I was younger, I can't imagine why people would let kids under 10 have access to CoD and games like it, especially online.

ctrl+alt+aria said:
ANYWAYS I find COD to be a very Meh game. Not terrible but just its just a cashcow they release a new game every year that everyone goes nuts about that barely changes anything barely updates the story and releases new maps every season or so why not just release a game every 2-3 years so that when someone compares them they can really see the difference between the 2 mind you graphics these days seem to already be pushing what they can do on consoles so idk where i'm going with this, somebody stop me now before its too late!

I can't really understand what you're saying due to the lack of commas/periods in that jumble of words, but I will say that while CoD keeps to the same formula game after game, there are major changes between installments. Why change something that's not broken, especially when it makes THAT much money? Games like Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man all keep elements from their original games, but they don't catch nearly as much flack for it as CoD does.

Final Fantasy games and any other sort of RPG where gameplay time is spent moving around aimlessly to fight wandering monsters to gain xp and levels so you're strong enough to progress with the actual game. It's boring, un-fun, and not necessary, as other RPGs have exemplified.

A lot of new Nintendo Wii games have been dull for me.

Was so excited for Mario Bros U but I rarely play it. Thing is all the recycled music makes it feel like its the same game. But it's got great level designs and challenges.

Anyway.

Donkey kong returns
Metroid other M
Smash Bros Brawl ( didn't like it as much as melee)
Last Story (great story though)
God of War (any)
Bullet storm (supposed to be epic FPS but sucked)
Gears Of War (any)
Lost Planet 2 (horribly frustrating)
Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 6
Pokemon Conquest
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby Mass Attack
Pokemon Ranger and Dungeon series
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Paper Mario Sticker Star

And I list these as games I bought and played for several hours before they ended up on my shelf for months collecting dust before I traded them to GameStop for 20% of what I paid. Not games I saw, never played and think they're overrated.

And CoD isn't bad but I didn't like MW2. Black Ops is quite fun. I'm not into violent games but I do like some FPS.

MrSquarepants said:
Metroid other M
Resident Evil 6
Pokemon Ranger and Dungeon series

If a game being popular translates to it being critically acclaimed, these don't fit as much as others.

MrSquarepants said:
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Paper Mario Sticker Star

I don´t find Sticker Star overrated, but it really isn´t boring either.
It doesn´t have a solid story or the humor we love like in other Paper Mario games, but it is quite enjoyable.

As for me, FPS.

Well, FPS games don´t look bad like some people say, but they have just never caught my interest. Also, people complaining about 8 year old kids calling you stuff online is just uncomfortable...Not every FPS has kids like that, I know, but even so...

Any Sonic Game.
Any Metroid Game.
MOST Megaman Games.

tumblr_m00p8fJZWc1qk682c.gif

Man, hating on the Metroid Prime series...no wonder you're hiding in your car.

MrSquarepants said:
Donkey kong returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Paper Mario Sticker Star

These are probably the ones that I would most disagree with. I never got the hate for Sticker Star but I guess other people have so whatever. The visual style of the latter two was just so good for each system that I honestly didn't care about the gameplay. It was just so creative the ways they used materials and such. I could understand Donkey Kong Country Returns if you have no nostalgia feelings for the series, but still, it's one of the best platformers on the Wii regardless lol.

The big ones for me are definitely the Call of Duty series, the Elder Scrolls series, and the New Super Mario Bros series.

dmaster out.

For me, FPS, besides Halo. I don’t mind shooting at things, but it’s going to be people… I’d prefer more hand to hand combat.
MrSquarepants said:
Donkey kong returns
I have to agree with ya' on that. I loved Donkey Kong Country, so I got Returns expecting it to just as well as the 1st one. But no, Nintendo had to give the game jank controls. Jank controls, imo, really hurt the game's level of fun. I only put up with it till the 1st world. After that, it was shelved for the rest of its life.
As for Pokemon Battle Revolution, I was sad that there was no plot and it was just battling. I thought the game wasn't that good. I only got it because it was a release game...

MrSquarepants said:
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Kirby's Epic Yarn was a really fun game, imo. With its art style and neat string aspect, I'll have to disagree with you on that one.

Knew SL would come in with one of his fancy gifs.

As for the Sticker Star comment... I agree, it is kind of overrated. It's definitely a challenging game, but it is nowhere near the calibre of past Mario RPG games. It does have a nice difficulty curve, though, so that's always nice, and it has the characteristic paper physics humor too.

But it is not worth $40. It's worth about half that. Finally got around to beating the game this weekend. There are a bunch of extra goodies I have to go find to get a 100% complete file, but there aren't very many.

Mario Party 8 sucked.
Brawl is okay but I get sick of it after a while.
Pokemon Rumble is boring.
Mario and Sonic has annoying music and annoying gameplay.
Super Paper Mario wasn't terrible, but definitely didn't live up to my expectations.
Skylanders 3DS. I don't know why but I've never liked it.
Super Mario Galaxy 2. It was a pretty good game but not even close to Galaxy 1.

DNA said:
Knew SL would come in with one of his fancy gifs.

My gifs are beyond your mortal understanding.

But I really don't see how you'd dislike Metroid Prime or Sonic 2. I JUST DON'T

gaylo
call of doodie
minecrap-ft

I really don't care for sandbox games in general. I don't want to be railroaded, but having no real goal or reason to keep playing makes me lose interest. I feel the same way about slice of life shows.

Sandbox games make me sick! >_<

I like FPS sometimes but RPG/Adventure is what I like the most. Most MMO are bad in my opinion. The ones I play are Wizard101 and Maplestory.

Madden and NBA are "meh" to me. What's so good about playing with the same players.

9Tailz said:
Mario and Sonic has annoying music and annoying gameplay.

As someone who believes that music contributes to the game as much as story and gameplay, I can safely say Sonic has some of the best music of the 16-bit era. Not counting the epic RPGs like FFVI and Chrono Trigger, Sonic has some of my favorite tracks in a video game. How can you dislike Chemical Plant, Mystic Cave, Ice Cap, Flying Battery, Lava Reef, Hidden Palace, Death Egg and the Death Egg Robot music of Sonic 2?
I don't understand how the gameplay is "annoying" in platforms either. You build momentum and jump. It's not like the controls do something that you don't want them to.

I agree with you on everything else though ;]

First Person Shooters.

It's not that a lot of them aren't fun to me, I just can't get past the "I can't see my character!" thing. I loved Other M, but I barely got past the first person parts.

Back