Popular video games that make you go “meh”.

Sonic Adventure 2 seems to get alot of praise from Sonic fans and critics alike.....and I don't understand one bit. I originally bought it on XBLA, expecting something....acceptable.
I've been a Sonic fan since the release of Unleashed back in 2008, and have stayed loyal to the franchise ever since. When I heard Sonic Adventure 2, one of the most loved games in the franchise was getting a port back in October, I was exited! I had no other access to the game, because literally every Gamestop near me cleared out all their Gamecube stock months ago prior! Within the first month of the port's release, jumped on it quicker than any other Sonic game I wanted before.

I had somewhat of a good time with it at first, but as it went on its age began to show, eventually became the worst games I have purchased/received, played, and beaten. I would go into full detail, but it would turn into a full on review/rant if I did. If I had to say one thing, it would be that its the most offensive things to the Classic Sonic games that has ever been put out.

I wasted 8 bucks on this terrible game....I must admit my expectations might have been a little too high, especially for a 10 year old game, but some people call this the best Sonic game for god's sake! I am never touching this game again.

Remix said:
I wasted 8 bucks on this terrible game....I must admit my expectations might have been a little too high, especially for a 10 year old game, but some people call this the best Sonic game for god's sake! I am never touching this game again.

As much as I love SA2, I can see how some people don't like it. It's pretty glitchy, some levels are just play boring, camera can literately kill you, the story's meh and it overall hasn't aged well.

Remix said:
If I had to say one thing, it would be that its the most offensive things to the Classic Sonic games that has ever been put out.
Woah there. Saying SA2 is more offensive than Black Knight, Secret Rings or 06' is just plain harsh. Adventure totally has it's flaws but it's chocolate covered gold compared to those games.

The Adventure titles were that awkward stage between the new and the old. They are absolutely love or hate games. Sonic fit perfectly well in a 2D setting which is probably why the Advance games (released about 3 years later) got such good reception for bringing back the 2D speed. They had to keep up with Nintendo and Sony so I guess they were just forced to flush out some titles that seemed below par with the fan base. SA2 is not the best Sonic. Sonic 3 & Knuckles has that record.

The only 3D sonic that I really don't understand is Colours. It was just too full of gimmicks and it didn't feel like the Sonic everyone was praising it for. Thankfully Generations made it all better again.

Adventure 2 is offensive in the sense that it betrays literally everything the Classics were about. It has 0 charm, the Sonic levels are hold-foreword-to-win hallways with minimal platforming or exploration to be had. Tails was stuck to being in out of place mech shooting levels that are more redundant than fun, and Knuckles pretty much kills all the life the game had left, with his broken radar that pads the level out for another half an hour.

I got Super Mario Galaxy, tried it, and was confused. It would have been a good game for me had it been a bit simpler.

Remix said:
Adventure 2 is offensive in the sense that it betrays literally everything the Classics were about. It has 0 charm, the Sonic levels are hold-foreword-to-win hallways with minimal platforming or exploration to be had. Tails was stuck to being in out of place mech shooting levels that are more redundant than fun, and Knuckles pretty much kills all the life the game had left, with his broken radar that pads the level out for another half an hour.

When it comes to Sonic, I still prefer the classics on the Sega Genesis and Sonic CD on Sega CD. After Sonic & Knuckles on the Genesis the franchise sort of jumped the shark there after although the Adventure series on the Dreamcast was promising to some extent, the only thing I don't like about it was having to add more characters to the franchise including a story, oh yeah that reminds me of this video:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxxlCZs9oaM[/video]

As for video games that make me go "meh", pretty much modern FPS's these days. The only good one's I've played that I got time to play were the N64 classics Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark. Don't get me wrong I think Halo's pretty decent especially Call of Duty and Medal of Honor but after what happened with the Sandy Hook Shootings from last year I'd say the genre itself kinda shot itself in the foot so to speak but that's still debatable. I know I'm not a huge fan of God of War or most of the modern third party titles I've seen for the PS3 and XBOX 360.

Card Slinger J said:
Don't get me wrong I think Halo's pretty decent especially Call of Duty and Medal of Honor but after what happened with the Sandy Hook Shootings from last year I'd say the genre itself kinda shot itself in the foot

blargh257 said:
I got Super Mario Galaxy, tried it, and was confused. It would have been a good game for me had it been a bit simpler.

StarTrekFacePalm.gif

Resident Evil.
I guess it just takes time to get used to, but I sure couldn't get used to it.

I don't really like Mario games, there just not that much fun to me. The only mario game I ever really liked was Mario Kart Ds, but other than that its kinda meh to me I like 1st person shooters way better, theres just so much more action and its fun to see my friend get all mad when i destroy him. I also have to agree that Cod just seems to get worse and worse. Ever since Mw2 the games have been lackluster at best. I like Borderlands, Halo, and the new Battlefield

I don't like Call of Duty that much. I rented MW3 for a day out of curiosity and played multiplayer and I will it admit it was fun, but I wouldn't call it amazing, and I wouldn't play it a lot either.

Same with Minecraft. I actually own it on my iPod, and its fun to play, but it can get boring sometimes, and I wouldn't call it amazing either.

Okay, sit back because I have a lot!

Call of Duty, Mass Effect, Mother, The Elder Scrolls, Skyrim, Minecraft,
World of Warcraft, Pikmin, Mega Man, Donkey Kong, Battlefield, Metroid,Team Fortress
Street Fighter, Assassin's creed, The Last of Us, Maplestory, Kirby, Halo, Sonic, Mario, Luigi, Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, Resident Evil, Half-life, Modern Warfare, God of War,
Marvel vs Capcom, Legend of Zelda, Rayman, Madden, Skylanders, Chrono Trigger, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid, and Monster Hunter

Yeah...I don't like a lot of popular video games...I respect all of your opinions and tastes, but these just aren't really for me.

Back