'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

Pokabu97 said:
I don't know if anybody has noticed this but the markings aren't going to be a new form, I think it's just the markings they already have but lit up when they are active --like Reshiram and Zekrom. Didn't they have some game/episode/movie with Kyogre and Groundon lit up?

I don't know if you have noticed, but...
When Groudon is lit up, the pattern is blue
When Kyogre is lit up, the pattern is red.

Now, i may be completely crazy here, but last I checked, the cover art does NOT show the red and blue patterns, they're colored differently. Sorry if I'm colorblind or something, but that sure is what it looks like

Groudon on OR's box art reminds me of something. At first I thought it might have been Robo Groudon from Pokemon XD:

RoboGroudon.png
...but I guess that can't be right. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, footage is coming out in a few hours. I can't wait. Hoenn in 3D...hnnnng. I'll probably go full fangirl when I see it.

Did you guys also realize the words Alpha and Omega are also types of Metroids in the Metroid series? I am asking this because they could tie in the evil structure by this for the evil villains this time around. These types of Metroids were first introduced back in the early 90's in Metroid 2 Return of Samus. They could create an alien empire to make the storyline completely different than our typical past villain plots. I wonder if the Aqua and Magma saga will be alien related this time rather than trying to blow up an asteroid with a laser like last time. Just some possible ideas I had.:)

Pokabu97 said:
I don't know if anybody has noticed this but the markings aren't going to be a new form, I think it's just the markings they already have but lit up when they are active --like Reshiram and Zekrom. Didn't they have some game/episode/movie with Kyogre and Groundon lit up?

Translations have stated that it is a different form/not regular Groudon/Kyorge. No word on what KIND of different form though. Most likely Megas though, as that's what Gen 6 seems to be about.

SaiScott95 said:
Pokabu97 said:

Now, i may be completely crazy here, but last I checked, the cover art does NOT show the red and blue patterns, they're colored differently. Sorry if I'm colorblind or something, but that sure is what it looks like

Yup, they have changed them to the yellow line Raquaza has. This has lead me to kinda believe that they (sorta) mix with Rayquaza. Forms Plz.

This may be a dumb question but, shouldn't we have more leakers??? I mean, SOMEBODY must have Beta tested these games, they're coming out in Six months, the game has to be mostly finished by now. I know we're bound to get trolls (they probably haven't had enough time to make all of their troll art) but, I don't know, I felt like with X and Y we had leaks coming all the time.

Also, in regards to the boxart of Groudon and Kyogre, does it look like they have the greek symbols for Alpha and Omega lighting up on their bodies??? I know on the japanese boxt art, you can see the Alpha and Omega symbol in the writing of the game titles. I wonder if there is any hint about these new forms in the name itself.

I can not believe that they made me all excited for this under 1 min intro clip -_-

I am beyond excited for these games, i'm more excited for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire than I was for Pokemon X and Y. The original games are more then ten years old, I can't even imagine how amazing the graphics for a tropical region such as Hoen will look. I'm looking forward to seeing the gym leaders, elite four and the champion in full 3D/2D. Will Wallace still be the champion? or will Steven be the champion once again? Since the silver and gold remakes infused all of the crystal characters and storyline there is no telling what they will do. Will Pokemon amie return? Will contest return? Will poke block and berry blending return? Will the mach bike and acro bike return? What about the battle frontier? Will EXP. share be the same from X and Y? Will there be character customization or will we play with May and Brandon again? Even if we play with May and Brandon, will we be able to change our clothes? What new content will they add? Will Wally return? Will horde battles return? Are we still going to get to mega evolve our Pokemon? Will other Pokemon get Mega Evolutions? Will the VS.Seeker ever return!? What about the Pokenav? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

My biggest problem with the Ruby and Sapphire was the music but by no fault was that of the composer, it just sounded terrible on the GBA's weak speakers. Like the Donkey Kong Country remakes, the GBA didn't do the music justice. Looking forward to how crisp and clear the music will sound in this remake.

It's kind of why I'm disappointed we didn't get any music at least if we didn't get any sound. Hopefully the next teaser allows us to get a sneak peak of remastered tunes.

tigre said:
What pokemon do you all think from the Hoenn dex will receive a mega, if any?

The only one I'd be willing to bet actual money on is Milotic, just because it's an aestetically well liked pokemon, but isn't well used because of it's type and stat distribution. Plus, it's a foil to Gyarados who received a Mega. Of course, they'd also have to do Swampert and Sceptile, I don't think they'd give Swampert a type change, but Sceptile could benefit from a secondary type in its Mega.

I'd LOVE to see Jynx get a mega (even though she's not Hoenn), just because I love Ice types and Jynx has a great type combination, and they only have ONE ice mega right now.(Maybe mega Walrien for another ice type from Hoenn?) I also wouldn't mind a rock type mega, since we only have one currently, and maybe Zangoose and Seviper. We could use another normal type mega, and there are no mega's currently whose primary type is poison, plus they'd just make a great version exclusive pair in my opinion.

GlaceonFanatic said:
tigre said:
What pokemon do you all think from the Hoenn dex will receive a mega, if any?

I'm hoping Sableye, Masquerain, and Torkoal get megas as they can get pretty creative with that :D

Oooo... I'd love to see Masquerain get a mega! I loved the design and surskit's typing, but I was so dissapointed when it lost it's water typing for flying. We already have so many flying bug types. It would be great if it went back to being a water bug pokemon with maybe levitate or something, the water typing would be great for it's weakness to fire and rock!

And, with the fairy typing, Sableye isn't so overpowered now.

Torkoal needs some love :) Hopefully, we get to see some Mega's from other generations too, just because Gen 5 never got any :(

xDkoYx said:
SaiScott95 said:

Yup, they have changed them to the yellow line Raquaza has. This has lead me to kinda believe that they (sorta) mix with Rayquaza. Forms Plz.

Actually, most of Kyogre's markings are transparent (with some yellow stuff visible inside it, to be fair), and Groudon's appear to be made of magma--which I think is pretty awesome.
...But I guess they still both have yellow. xD

Metalizard said:
I've already said this once, but I'd also rather have an Emerald remake than RS remakes...

There is no need for an emerald remake, all the features from emerald will be incorporated in the remakes. Look up heart gold and soul silver and you'll understand. See how they added the crystal storyline to heart gold and soul silver.

Vulpix-core said:
I feel like this is appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2kBfiItjgs

...Brb. Opening up media player and playing all the pokemon music I posses on my computer. This theme being one of them.

Aerodactyl said:
The only one I'd be willing to bet actual money on is Milotic, just because it's an aestetically well liked pokemon, but isn't well used because of it's type and stat distribution. Plus, it's a foil to Gyarados who received a Mega.

Milotic has a great typing and stat distribution, it's a quick bulky Water type and is one of the most used support Pokemon in UU. It also has a great Sp.Atk stat to dole out damage.

Mega Gyarados would have a field day against Milotic. It is complete setup bait unless Milotic is running Dragon Tail or Haze. Milotic is a fan favourite and a spectacular Pokemon to use so it will more than likely be one that gets a Mega.

Aerodactyl said:
This may be a dumb question but, shouldn't we have more leakers??? I mean, SOMEBODY must have Beta tested these games, they're coming out in Six months, the game has to be mostly finished by now.

Also, in regards to the boxart of Groudon and Kyogre, does it look like they have the greek symbols for Alpha and Omega lighting up on their bodies???

Soon, real soon. We'll get leakers and people claiming to be leakers sooner than later.

The signs are also what each team has on their clothes. The symbols might have less of a meaning behind them then what we're thinking. Or, if we think of it the other way, the teams have those symbols on their uniforms because of the pokemon, it could have more importance and all. But that's just me.

Back