'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

Warrior Weasel 1986

Sultansworn
Ah, the third generation.. The first gen I actually followed as new Pokemon were released (we didn't have internet in my house yet when the 2nd gen was announced). I'm so nostalgic for this I'm incredibly happy it's "just a remake". <3

I'm probably the only one hoping contests will make a return.. XD

KiKi

Team Harmony
Has anybody thought of the possibility of new gym leaders? What's especially exciting for me is to see the gym leaders and the pokemon all in the new art style that we've seen from Sinnoh, on. They (the gym leaders and protagonists) may even have new outfits. I'm excited.

shinysearcher

Help me find a shiny! haha :D
KiKi said:
Has anybody thought of the possibility of new gym leaders? What's especially exciting for me is to see the gym leaders and the pokemon all in the new art style that we've seen from Sinnoh, on. They (the gym leaders and protagonists) may even have new outfits. I'm excited.

I was just thinking about this :) though it may seem fairly impossible from my point of view (because of the far-off fantasy that I have in mind), because GameFreak, like every other remake, will keep the essential aspects of the game intact (like mom, gym leaders, E4, champion, etc.). Even though, I'm still hoping for it.

Now, to my idea. I would love that Norman was kept out of the gym leader roster (or Wallace/Juan, to those who hate them lol, but back to my idea), and roll every gym to the previous space (the 5th would be the 4th, for example), and let the 8th gym for the long awaited dark type. Don't rant on me, I know there's a lack of dark types in the third gen (Mightyena being the only one that comes to mind), but let's hope that GF throws a KalosDex-like structure for Hoenn (contradicting my previous argument on the essence on remakes haha) and make some Dark types from other regions available in Hoenn, especially since Umbreon and Murkrow (Johto) are not that geographically distant from Hoenn. Now here comes the good part: let Norman be the Champion! Like deciding which one in the dynasty keeps the throne (lol, what a bad analogy).

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
shinysearcher said:
Now, to my idea. I would love that Norman was kept out of the gym leader roster (or Wallace/Juan, to those who hate them lol, but back to my idea), and roll every gym to the previous space (the 5th would be the 4th, for example), and let the 8th gym for the long awaited dark type. Don't rant on me, I know there's a lack of dark types in the third gen (Mightyena being the only one that comes to mind), but let's hope that GF throws a KalosDex-like structure for Hoenn (contradicting my previous argument on the essence on remakes haha) and make some Dark types from other regions available in Hoenn, especially since Umbreon and Murkrow (Johto) are not that geographically distant from Hoenn. Now here comes the good part: let Norman be the Champion! Like deciding which one in the dynasty keeps the throne (lol, what a bad analogy).

A Dark Gym looks pretty unlikely... considering that Hoenn already has a Dark type Elite 4 member.
Norman being the champion would be an interesting twist, and would definitely be strong (his 2 Slakings in the original still give me nightmares).

For now though, I'm just gonna assume it's the same Gym Leaders (with the same rosters, bar a couple possible changes ala HG/SS) in the same order. (and depending on the Pokemon used, any evolutions introduced in gen4 (maybe Glacia could replace one of her Sealeo/Glalie with a Froslass?) and hopefully a slight level boost overall.

garbodorable

Aspiring Trainer
TyranitarTube said:
What hopes do you have for these games?

I'll hope for walking pokemon from HG/SS to return every pokemon game until it happens. :p

I also hope they find a way to work Mega Evolution into the main plot without changing the core story. It wouldn't be too weird - something like what was done for Pokemon: The Origin. Maybe even some newer pokemon in the regional dex. I just want a chance to take on Hoenn with the megas for Mawile, Manectric, Aggron...

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
SPIRE_FAN said:
Alpha? Gen 3 Remakes?? Alpha/Omega = Beginning??...
1900114_10203742906955734_4111801426877864002_n.jpg
Alpha symbolizes the beginning... Omega the end. >_>

Gr8Ampharos

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but if you look at Kroger in his box art it's got design under the glowing aura as of the forms we are familiar with are simply shells and or casings of their "true" forms.

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
Bob The Magical Penguin said:
I'm as excited about this as the next guy, but this hype over new megas is kind of ridiculous. If they do not exist in the coding for XY, we probably won't get any more

Just want to add something to this, as of 6 gen, Game Freak can update the game as many times they like with patches through internett, if they ever add a new Pokemon, Evo or Mega Evo, just update X/Y like they did with the save glitch

arulz

THE SEEKER
Agreed with the above post. Definitely could see an update on the eshop to make Pokemon X and Y fully online compatible with OR/AS

Matty

Aspiring Trainer
TyranitarTube said:
What hopes do you have for these games?

Norman as a Champion (Steven's okay, better than Wallace)
Wallace as a eighth Gym Leader, never liked Juan
Invisible Kecleon blocking Winona's Gym
Underwater 3D (!!!!)
more Mega Evolutions.

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
arulz said:
Agreed with the above post. Definitely could see an update on the eshop to make Pokemon X and Y fully online compatible with OR/AS

That would be fine if all multiplayer was through the Internet and you had to download updates to play, but what do you do about the people that never connect to the Internet to play--they just went out to a store, bought a 3DS and physical copy of X/Y, and had their local multiplayer fun without ever connecting to a router. Sure, the 3DS encourages you to connect, but what if you don't? I, er, already made a post about this, so I won't go on any more, but I wouldn't be so quick to think it's possible to update every game in every situation. Then again, I might not have any idea what I'm talking about, so you might just want to ignore me. :p

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I've already said this once, but I'd also rather have an Emerald remake than RS remakes...
I've always prefered 3rd versions (they let you catch both mascots of the primary pair of games, only B2W2 screwed this)...

The main reason I want to buy these games is so that I can have two more in-game teams of Pokémon I haven't got the chance (or the space) to use in previous games. I even planned 2 teams in advance, a few weeks ago, as I was expecting the eventual release of gen 3 remakes (I thought they would be released next year though)...

PhantomHaze

Aspiring Trainer
I havent seen this yet but what about Kanto? Since the kanto remakes took place in gen 3, along with R/S, will they make a new remake for those? I think the "New Adventure" means that Kanto and Hoenn are combined this Gen in one game!nI thought i would share that!

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
PhantomHaze said:
I havent seen this yet but what about Kanto? Since the kanto remakes took place in gen 3, along with R/S, will they make a new remake for those? I think the "New Adventure" means that Kanto and Hoenn are combined this Gen in one game!nI thought i would share that!

You mean... the Remake of a Remake...? :p

"Pokémon IntenseFireRed & Pokémon PureLeafGreen, coming February 30th, 2015" XDDDDDDD

PhantomHaze

Aspiring Trainer
Luispipe8 said:
PhantomHaze said:

You mean... the Remake of a Remake...? :p

"Pokémon IntenseFireRed & Pokémon PureLeafGreen, coming February 30th, 2015" XDDDDDDD
Well sorta. But instead of making a remake of the remake they could make kanto part of the storyline along will hoennXDD

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME
Chariblaze said:
arulz said:

That would be fine if all multiplayer was through the Internet and you had to download updates to play, but what do you do about the people that never connect to the Internet to play--they just went out to a store, bought a 3DS and physical copy of X/Y, and had their local multiplayer fun without ever connecting to a router. Sure, the 3DS encourages you to connect, but what if you don't? I, er, already made a post about this, so I won't go on any more, but I wouldn't be so quick to think it's possible to update every game in every situation. Then again, I might not have any idea what I'm talking about, so you might just want to ignore me. :p
Its pretty easy actually, and the solution was used back in 2004 or whenever for R/S and the berry glitch. They would simply have the update data for X/Y stored on the OR/AS card and if it came into contact with a game that needed it, it would patch the game / save the update to the 3DS of the person that needed the update.