'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

GM DracLord said:
Sure look interesting... Mega for the weather trio... ? I wonder if ray will get it's own game or obtainable in both

What would they call it?
Since alpha is begining and omega is end..what's the Greek word or letter for middle or balance
Maybe call it equal emerald?..nah.. doesn't sound cool enough.

I've come on the side of not needing Ruby/Sapphire remakes because those games are still technically useable for the overall collecting them all thing and playing them without losing the Pokemon, unlike Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal. I would have preferred an annoucement on X2/Y2/Z or whatever they're calling it, but of course realistically it's too early for that.

That being said, the idea itself might be kind of cool. How well this is received post announcement will be determined by what they do differently from the original games. They can't just remake it and be done with it, but they know that from adding in the Sevii islands from Fire Red and Leaf Green. They also can't ignore the advancements through the last three games. The Ralts line will have to be Psychic/Fairy (something I am looking forward to training personally) and Mawile will have to be Steel/Fairy as well. I think though that the idea of ANY mega evolution won't be explored until after the main storyline, especially if they are simply remakes with extras and not some cool new story in the Hoenn region (and we rightly assume that is the setting for the game). Maybe this is how we get Mega Latias and Mega Latios. If they really want to mix it up a bit, maybe you can choose post game to go after either Xerneas or Yveltal. That would help those who didn't buy both X and Y.

I also think the idea of making Swampert and Sceptile gain mega evolutions here is a good idea. Here's to the idea of making Sceptile our first Grass/Dragon Pokemon.

As for Kyogre and Groudon, it is possible the new artwork is simply that, new artwork. I doubt it's mega evolution. On the other hand, it could be different forms...at lest semi different forms. Maybe making them dual types, with Groudon gaining fire (which was missed, odd given the ability) and Kyogre gaining ice. It'd be interesting to see Rayquaza either mega evolve or something, unlike his counterparts Rayquaza is already dual typed.

DevinTheWelf said:
tigre said:
So pumped for this! Glad SSB is coming out in the summer so I can keep my mind off this until November! 3DS is totally carrying Nintendo right now lol.

And the WiiU is just sorta sitting in the corner asking if anyone wants to play some Watch Dogs...

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but what about contests? I can't be the only one who wants to see contests in 3D! (And that berry game, I can't remember the name).

Overall, my most wanted things would have to be:
  1. Mega Breloom
  2. Secret Bases
  3. The final battle with Steven in that cave
  4. Contests
  5. Mega Breloom, again.

How would you do mega Breloom?

tigre said:
I loved secret bases, maybe they will return.

I totally forgot about those, but now that you mention them, I do remember how awesome they were. We did sort of have them in gen four, with Sinnoh's underground bases and Johto's totally epic and unbeatable Safari Zone, and I saw the blank shelf in our room in X/Y and hoped that we could customize our room there, but nope.
What I really liked was having a base or even a 'home away from home,' if you will. The musical mats and dolls were genius, and I think that working PCs, TVs, and other stuff should be added to the bases, if we do get them. That would be so awesome!

Speaking of the Sinnoh underground, I'm hoping that in these games, we'll get to go into other players' games and run around the overworld with them. Ever since I started playing Pokémon, that's been one of my greatest wishes. To have real game-to-game compatibility like that would be totally mind-blowing and epic. Think of all the possibilities! :D

Pikachu6319 said:
I also think the idea of making Swampert and Sceptile gain mega evolutions here is a good idea. Here's to the idea of making Sceptile our first Grass/Dragon Pokemon.

Man, I would love Grass/Dragon for Sceptile, my favorite all time starter. Makes sense and I'm sure it would look awesome.

Is the fire/ice neutral worth the Fairy/Dragon weakness, though.

tigre said:
How would you do mega Breloom?

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-hopes-and-expectations-for-new-mega-pok%C3%A9mon-in-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire <--- I explained in that post how I'd like the Mega Evo stats to be arranged, but design-wise I have no idea honestly.. I guess I'll have till November to think about it! (unless GameFreak were to release/leak Mega Breloom, assuming and hoping there even is one)

Hoping for Elements of Emerald: Like the Hoenn Battle Frontier, maybe?

Not gonna expect both games to be Emerald Version, they should have just remade Emerald if they were gonna do that... but being able to catch the other Legendary would be nice this time around. Don't know WHY they abandoned that in EVERY main series game past Gold and Silver... Hell, even Black and White pulled that bullshit but made up for it with the movie download and the Tornadus/Thunderus event (which everybody OUTSIDE of Japan got shafted on! BULLSHIT! YOU HAVE THE INTERNET IN THE GAMES SINCE DIAMOND AND PEARL! THERE IS NO EXCUSE!) But still I thought these were fake at first but I'm SO excited to see these!

These 7 things (7 because it's not just the 6 pokemon in a trainer's arsenal but the trainer themselves; also magical number for infinity, ect.) will make me ABSOLUTELY love these remakes:
1. FINALLY having day and night in the Hoenn Region. (This is the 1 thing I sorely missed in the originals that Emerald did NOT re-instate)
2. Hoenn Battle Frontier and/or elements of Emerald in general. Move tutors maybe?
3. The event islands (AKA. Southern Island, Birth Island, Navel Rock, and Far Away Island) (being easily accessible)
4. Being able to catch BOTH Groudon and Kyogre in the game without trading. These were the first games they decided to pull this bullshit on and unfortunately every game SINCE has followed this trend.
5. More Mega Evolutions (Which we may have already gotten judging by the Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre on the covers.
6. All of the touchscreen and customization features and the Friend Safari from X and Y.
7. Some way to make use of the 3DS play coins... Seriously, this was the ONE thing I felt was missing from X and Y aside for a lacking new pokemon roster and underwhelming number of Mega Evolutions for older pokemon. Hopefully, there being a Mega Blaziken BUT NO Mega Sceptile NOR Mega Swampert will be rectified in these games! 8D

Please note: I am already assuming I'm going to love the CRAP outta these games regardless of if I get ANY of the above 7 things in them or not! Emerald is my favorite pokemon game STILL to this day and Ruby Version is the first Pokemon Game I officially owned.

EDIT:
That said, here are 2 things I do NOT want to see in the remake:
1. Wallace as the Champion. He should be the 8th Gym Leader. It's bad enough that you're saying "F**K you" to the people who picked Torchic with the last 3 gyms but do you HAVE to do that with the Champion, too? Put Steven Stone back as the Champion, please.

2. If you include the Hoenn Battle Frontier, please DO NOT bring back the Battle Tents. Leave the contest halls where they were in the original.

To be honest never seeing a Emerald remake comming up, When they made HG and SS they never released a crystal. Anyway my want list

Secret bases (Wi-Fi like Friend Safaris!)
Mega Crawdaunt
Mega Cacturn
Mega Weather Trio
Mega Starters :D
Contests
Steven
Battle Frontier
No Exp Share early game
Incorporate Megas to the story :D

Most of all, I just wanna re-battle trainers and gym leaders.

Also bikes, lots of em ;)

Leaf_Ranger said:
pikablu29 said:
I've been in it since Red and Blue as well and I can definitely agree on Johto being better of the regions too. Maybe it's only us 1st gen players that feel like this. All of your questions are ones I've been wondering about as well. I hope Gamefreak gives us some closure on these things before the new games come out. Maybe on top of Hoenn we get a smaller "new area" that was mentioned by the backpacker that gives you the souvenir. He mentions that it isn't an area we've explored before in previous games. It's possible the item triggers an event of sorts that takes you to a new area/region. I think it's gonna be remakes with upgrades on a few aspects and some new features. I don't think it will be an entirely new story or anything.

I've started with the 1st Generation but I prefer Hoenn because it felt like a truly new game and region. Back then I already liked Grass-type and Johto offered little. I was glad to see a more Japanese-inspired region but Hoenn was just amazing, with a good number and great Grass-Pokémon, a diverse region, great music. While Kanto and Johto seemed bright, Hoenn was a little more dark in its colours and yet it had that marvelous underwater section, a volcano, a desert, an abandoned ship, etc., and most of all, it had secret bases. By Arceus, it was far better than the Underground and it was more diverse: I could pretend to be a mad scientist with a lab in the mountains, a member of Team Aqua with a beach cave or, my favorite, a Leaf Ranger with a base, office and gym in a pile of leaves or the top of a tree!

Last but not least, no more Team Rocket (despite liking them) and two new teams with a mad environmental goal each, not understanding that balance was the key.

PS: also, the Oceanic museum taught me so much, namely why the sea is blue! :D

PMJ said:
As a supplement to what I said earlier:

I love gen 3. It has bright, colorful visuals, an unforgettable soundtrack, and it introduced a lot of new concepts that are still used today.

Gen 3 gave us (in no particular order):

- Double Battles
- Abilities
- Natures
- Hail
- The ability to stack 3 layers of Spikes
- Running
- Overworld weather influencing in-battle weather

I understand that people dislike that the games weren't backwards compatible and they locked out almost half of the Pokedex, but they were necessary restrictions at the time and I think if people were to look at the series with an open mind, they might come to appreciate these two games as I have.

Now as for the remakes...

I'm excited to see what Gamefreak will do with these games. I'm anxious to see how beautiful they can make Hoenn appear in 3D. That said, I don't want them to just make these games a 1-for-1 remake, and no, adding in a few new areas but keeping the same exact plot doesn't mean you don't have a remake. What's wrong with creating a brand new adventure in Hoenn? I know in my heart of hearts that these games are going to be everything I don't want them to be, and that's okay. I'm still gonna buy it and the games are gonna be fun because I am stoked about running around through Hoenn again. I just hate the idea of remakes.
Yeah, nice region, nice game mechanics (above all: natures and abilities), but the 3rd generation of Pokémon, to me, is just... meh. Skitty.. Plusle, Minun.. Kecleon.. Castform.. a lot of "meh" Pokémon... I like aaaaall 700+ Pokémon, I caught 'em all but the 3rd gen didn't caught me so much.

But that's just my opinion, just my memory about the old Hoenn, I'm so excited about the new games and maybe, with the new graphics, I will enjoy Hoenn (or the "new world") more than I did eleven years ago :)

maybe they really threw the boxarts into the public because we're about to find out via corocoro any time now (crappy photos of magazine look crap compared to official reveal) and they finally figured its more "professional" if they officially throw the news out instead of letting us kill each other over crappy quality scans of a japanese magazine xD

As to everyone saying these are their "Megas", I'm pretty confident they'll be called Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre, in the same vein as Kyurems were Black and White Kyurem.
The mega evolution concept was a more generic "for the heck of making Pokémon OP" forme idea based on the prefix formes we've seen for a while now (Therian, Black/White, Wash/Mow/Heat/Fan/Frost, Origin..), so with new mascot formes like these, they don't have to resort to the "mega" concept, but rather continue using an appropriate plot-related kind of forme.

I wouldn't be surprised though if the triggers were the RED and BLUE ORBs, working in a similar manner as mega stones anyway xD

Also note that that's what the orbs in the japanese logos probably are supposed to be.

Genius715 said:
What if those moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are the signature moves of these new Groudon and Kyogre.

Wouldn't make much sense for them to be using moves that shoot green hexagons across the screen ;)

Satoru Iwata has confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of Ruby & Sapphire.

Doesn't look too hopeful for a new region now :/ (but 3D Hoenn will slay)

Although assuming they take some of Emerald's storyline (ala HG/SS having Suicune's role in Crystal) it's gonna be odd if Rayquaza is involved in the storyline. (unless... Kyogre and Groudon are affected by Rayquaza in some way, explaining their new appearances)
(unless they cut Rayquaza out of the main story entirely)

His Goominess said:
Satoru Iwata has confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of Ruby & Sapphire.

source please? o.o

Mitja said:
His Goominess said:

source please? o.o

the site that must not be named has it on its front page, as does bulbapedia on the oras announcement page

Back