'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
Gentlefish said:
IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

SkyeVictini said:
Watch, a couple years later we'll be seeing "SINNOH CONFIRMED". XD

Oh, heck yes. /started with Pearl

Anyway, having never actually beaten Emerald (the only time I technically did was with a borrowed Lv.100 Latias or something), I'm happy to have an adventure in Hoenn that will no doubt be less grindy.
Speaking of which, it sounds like these might be less remakes than they are new games in an old region, judging by the press release. I suppose that's fine too, as long as we get a sufficiently nostalgic (for those who have Hoenn nostalgia, anyway) experience.

Hey! I started with Pearl too! It was the most unforgettable journey.

Anyway, about the new games:
YES! YES! YES! I never had experienced Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald since I was very young back then, and I never had a GameBoy. Hoenn is the only Region I haven't yet explored, so I am definitely going to get Omega Ruby, and my twin sister will be getting Alpha Sapphire.
If they bring back Underground Bases.... I must be dreaming.
I'll probably burst with happiness, since I lost my Pokemon Pearl, my first Pokemon Game, with Level 100 Shiny Arceus, Palkia and Shaymin, and my underground journeys... (I also lost Black 2, Gates to Infinity and Super Pokemon Rumble (Why do I keep losing games?))

Anyway, I am excited for new game graphics, and with everyone mentioning going Underwater, I am very keen on that.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Teal said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
How about something in the shape of a Mega-Stone containing a mini-game necessary for Mega-Evolution?
... no thanks. You would need an external device to activate an in-battle-mechanic? <_>

If they give us something with it, it would surely be something unique to ORAS.

Why not? Having a Pokémon and trainer holding a stone and bracelet is already lame so it would make things harder.

Having read that Nintendo will make something with their characters in the vein of Skylanders and Disney Infinity, I wouldn't be surprised if OR/AS is already included in those new games that will allow that.

Mortal_Zachary said:
The only question I have now is Why was there no Pokmon Direct or any 'Special' announcement !?!? This was a completely Surprising and Boaring Announcement to be honest. No Game play ? Nothing !?! Just box arts ... Well can't wait til CoroCoro leaks in 3-5 days or Pokemon Smash on Saturday!

Don't forget that Nintendo presented their financial results yesterday and they were red, so they needed this to keep the shareholders on board and to avoid the decrease in the stock market.

Teal said:
CMP said:
Never played B2W2, but I must agree to disagree. Castelia City is a large city, yes, but it's simply that...a large city. Nothing special. The same can be said for many other cities and towns you mentioned; Nimbasa City in particular is an average city with some interesting amusement-esque features. In my opinion, a city in the treetops and a city on logs in the ocean are much more unique and interesting.

Environments and cities which I believe will translate wonderfully to 3D!
Humilau is also partly on water. White Forest is a... city in a forest. :p
Other Hoenn towns were pretty much generic towns while all cities and towns in B2W2 showed variety.

You should play B2W2. Those and HGSS are definitely my favs.
(...)

Rustboro was the first big city, because Celadon and Goldenrod were big but the buildings were close to each other; Slateport was a great coastal city with a market, a shipyard, a pier and a museum; Verdanturff was simply a quiet but atractive place; Fallarbor was a farming comunity; Lavaridge featured the hot baths and sand; Fortree was built on trees; Lilycove replicated Slateport in some of it and had a paiting museum along with a freaking base in a rock; Mossdeep had an amazing space center, Sootopolis seemed like going through Greece; Pacifidlog was floating on logs but perhaps also on Corsola; and last but not least, Ever Grande felt like Hawaii.
I didn't see this much diversity in other regions' cities and towns.

Reggie McGigas

-
Don't forget that Nintendo has so much money that even if they didn't make a profit for a couple of years they'd still be OK.

What if the new Groundon/Kyogres aren't megas but original forms made by the red/blue orb?

coolhippowdon101

Destroying electric types since D/P
Does this mean we will stop hearing Gen III remakes confirmed (I hope people don't start begging for d/p remakes lol)? On a serious note, seems pretty awesome. Only thing I want is an induction of pokemon from other regions (more than were in emerald) and less surfing. Also with Steven being in HG SS he better be champ or I'm going to be disappointed

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
His Goominess said:
Mitja said:
source please? o.o

the site that must not be named has it on its front page
I'd rather not trust a pirate who reported that Sunflora evolved into Duskull, but he's right.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140508/index.html
Kind of a shame, because I would have preferred a sequel, but meh.

ScorchingShock

Hype Train Conducter
Sorry to burst everyone's hype bubble and crash their hype train, but Game Freak today officially revealed that OR/AS are full-on remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. It kinda sucks, but who knows? They may just be screwing with us! Let's hope so!

Teeboy23

Pokemon Trainer
Chariblaze said:
yammark said:
This is really surprise . All the people think remake of R/S will come next year or another year . But suddenly it's coming out of nowhere . I'm so shock with this guy . SO SURPRISE !!!

Yeah, this was pretty surprising. I thought we passed the period for them to announce a game for this year (January-February), but no, here we go. And in November, the biggest month for game releases. Wow.

And yeah, this is definitely an odder way to announce it, but it makes sense. This isn't a generation-starter, so it didn't get a Nintendo Direct or something. Normally, this is the type of announcement made on Pokemon Sunday/Smash (live streaming the 2/25/12 Smash when they announced BW2, good times), but if you want to have another simultaneous global announcement, I suppose this is the way you do it.
And it came out of the left field too! With only a six month gap between announcement and release! I guess the best news comes out randomly! :D

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
don()shinobi said:
His Goominess said:
the site that must not be named has it on its front page
I'd rather not trust a pirate who reported that Sunflora evolved into Duskull, but he's right.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140508/index.html
Kind of a shame, because I would have preferred a sequel, but meh.

Ah, I always forget to not get my hopes too high with GF (of course it makes more financial sense to remake, but still). Oh well, I'm curious now how RS's Hoenn will translate into 3D, if GF will at all address the new timeline issue we have, and what new features the GF B-team adds to Pokemon this time (full touch screen interface in HGSS? all the really important NPCs collected at the PWT?).

Mortal_Zachary

I am... Durant-Man!
"The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon."
this is pretty interesting to be honest. So it is pretty much confermed that it is a Form or mega or maybe some kind of new thing!

Equinox

Stallwart Player
ScorchingShock said:
Sorry to burst everyone's hype bubble and crash their hype train, but Game Freak today officially revealed that OR/AS are full-on remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. It kinda sucks, but who knows? They may just be screwing with us! Let's hope so!

You're comment makes no sense, that's what people wanted.

Well, finally Gamefreak, just finally, you did it! It's been a long ride, now the 3rd gen remake fan boy conspiracy theorists can be happy, as can I! Groudon looks pretty impressive, but Kyogre just looks the same, just more blue. Also, for some reason I just hate how they dropped the news of the release, it was low key, hell the only reason I found out was because of Smosh posting something about it on Facebook, and I thought it was fake! But anyways, I'm grateful we're getting a remake, and November is an easy wait.

inb4 Sinnoh remake confirmed.

AuraKshatriya

Aspiring Trainer
It's worth noting that the origin of Mega Evolution provided in X/Y's post-game effectively restricts it to the Kalos region. While it's possible Game Freak may somehow retcon or minimize this fact to introduce new ones in OR/AS (and believe me, I want Swampert and Sceptile to get Mega Evolutions), there's no guarantee they will. Form changes have become a mainstay of the series since Generation 3, and can be applied to Pokemon one at a time, thereby not introducing an obligation to introduce similar form changes for a large number of other Pokemon.
I think the Mega Evolution hype for these games is a little unprecedented, if only because there's no indication that Mega Evolutions will be constantly iterated on following the Kalos-specific games (introducing more and more of them lessens their novelty).
Furthermore, we've only seen two instances of Legendary Mega Evolution thus far, with Mewtwo, a genetically-engineered Pokemon that may have had exceptional parameters built into its genetic code (a sort of "malleability" resulting from the constant gene splicing), and Latio@s, both of which are linked to the Soul Dew, and Stone meant to contain their spirit and release their "true power". Whether or not Mega Evolution will be commonly available amongst even Legendary Pokemon has yet to be seen. And even then, previous points about why they didn't bother coding Mega Forms other than Lati@s into X/Y (which may have been hidden solely to be revealed with OR/AS) and didn't bother with other future Mega Pokemon is still a valid one.

That said, it's possible the designs of Kyogre and Groudon on the covers are just their appearances when being controlled by the Blue and Red Orbs, respectively, as part of some artistic retcon in the same vein as Gen 5's "Overdrive" forms.

Freedomeon

Eeveelution Fanatic
Equinox said:
ScorchingShock said:

You're comment makes no sense, that's what people wanted.

As much as a bullet to the brain...

I'm really gutted they are remakes. It's the worst news possible :(
The real kick in the teeth is that I'm most probably going to have to buy one of them for battling. Hopefully there will be new Mega Stones to make buying one worthwhile.

I'm also surprised that WPM isn't updating this on the front page as information comes out. All the new info is coming from Serebii and Bulbapedia so far.

CuriousCleffa

Aspiring Trainer
AuraKshatriya said:
It's worth noting that the origin of Mega Evolution provided in X/Y's post-game effectively restricts it to the Kalos region. While it's possible Game Freak may somehow retcon or minimize this fact to introduce new ones in OR/AS (and believe me, I want Swampert and Sceptile to get Mega Evolutions), there's no guarantee they will. Form changes have become a mainstay of the series since Generation 3, and can be applied to Pokemon one at a time, thereby not introducing an obligation to introduce similar form changes for a large number of other Pokemon.
I think the Mega Evolution hype for these games is a little unprecedented, if only because there's no indication that Mega Evolutions will be constantly iterated on following the Kalos-specific games (introducing more and more of them lessens their novelty).
Furthermore, we've only seen two instances of Legendary Mega Evolution thus far, with Mewtwo, a genetically-engineered Pokemon that may have had exceptional parameters built into its genetic code (a sort of "malleability" resulting from the constant gene splicing), and Latio@s, both of which are linked to the Soul Dew, and Stone meant to contain their spirit and release their "true power". Whether or not Mega Evolution will be commonly available amongst even Legendary Pokemon has yet to be seen. And even then, previous points about why they didn't bother coding Mega Forms other than Lati@s into X/Y (which may have been hidden solely to be revealed with OR/AS) and didn't bother with other future Mega Pokemon is still a valid one.

That said, it's possible the designs of Kyogre and Groudon on the covers are just their appearances when being controlled by the Blue and Red Orbs, respectively, as part of some artistic retcon in the same vein as Gen 5's "Overdrive" forms.

But they brought Mega Evolution all the way back to Kanto in Pokemon Origins, with the Mega Charizard X. Mr. Fuji had an idea of the mega stones were, but I don't think that means it's exclusive to Kalos. But who knows, aha, just throwing some info out there. Even though the games don't cross-over with the show. I dunno aha. Mega Evolution could be a possibility :p

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
AuraKshatriya said:

I highly doubt that GameFreak would stop making Mega Evolutions past Kalos, it would make no sense to add such a great and loved (by most people) feature, only to just stop making more when people obviously want them.

I'm sorta glad that GameFreak announced OR/AS are just remakes, and not full on sequels.. I feel like the way the Gen 3 storyline ended was perfect, and needs no continuation. Odds are they'll still add a bunch of cool new features to the region, just like they did when they remade G/S, which should keep everyone, for the most part, happy.

CorinthiansRose

Aspiring Trainer
I have serious doubts about the forms on the covers being mega evolutions. Something about them screams new form like Black/White Kyurem instead of mega evolution. I predict they will just have forms called Alpha Kyogre and Omega Groudon

Gentlefish

Hero of Truth
ScorchingShock said:

My hype train was never on that track. :p

AuraKshatriya said:

That would be a major, major letdown for me...
Of course, it wouldn't be all that surprising; the physiological changes are really minor.

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
Leaf_Ranger said:
Why not? Having a Pokémon and trainer holding a stone and bracelet is already lame so it would make things harder.

Because if you don't have the peripheral you cannot access the massive selling point. It'd also completely kill the flow of the game offline and online. You'd also need to keep it close to you whenever you played if you use a mega. An in-game little sequence? Eh, it'd have to be really short and simple to not put off the flow of the game but then it would be completely pointless. Finding the stones under certain specifics and getting the Pokemon is accomplishment enough.

If they really wanted to add a little thing to do with them then they would have included it in X/Y.

Reggie McGigas said:
Don't forget that Nintendo has so much money that even if they didn't make a profit for a couple of years they'd still be OK.

A couple years? Dude, they're set for decades.

AuraKshatriya

Aspiring Trainer
CuriousCleffa said:
But they brought Mega Evolution all the way back to Kanto in Pokemon Origins, with the Mega Charizard X. Mr. Fuji had an idea of the mega stones were, but I don't think that means it's exclusive to Kalos. But who knows, aha, just throwing some info out there. Even though the games don't cross-over with the show. I dunno aha. Mega Evolution could be a possibility :p

True, but in Pokemon Origins, Mr. Fuji specifically describes Mega Evolution as being part of a legend from the Kalos region during his scenes between when Red's Charizard Mega Evolves. It's implied he got the Charizardite X and Key Stone from Kalos.

DevinTheWelf said:
I highly doubt that GameFreak would stop making Mega Evolutions past Kalos, it would make no sense to add such a great and loved (by most people) feature, only to just stop making more when people obviously want them.

I'm sorta glad that GameFreak announced OR/AS are just remakes, and not full on sequels.. I feel like the way the Gen 3 storyline ended was perfect, and needs no continuation. Odds are they'll still add a bunch of cool new features to the region, just like they did when they remade G/S, which should keep everyone, for the most part, happy.

I'm not saying they'll never introduce another Mega Evolution, but the idea everyone seems to have that "Now that we've got Mega Evolution, they'll Mega Evolve everything as a power-up" is a little bit of a stretch. With the success they've had with form changes, I don't see Mega Evolutions being the only way they try to innovate on previous and future Pokemon. In other words, it appears many are predisposed to think that any future power-ups for pre-existing Pokemon must be in the form of a Mega Evolution (Zygarde has, up to this point, been the prime target for this speculation). Certainly, within Kalos it's likely they'll try to make Mega Evolution to center of all "transformations" undergone by Pokemon, but outside of Kalos I see form changes bearing equal, if not more influence in the same vein.

ChiefLittleFish

Given Up on Collecting the TCG
I'm as excited about this as the next guy, but this hype over new megas is kind of ridiculous. If they do not exist in the coding for XY, we probably won't get any more, or else mega stones may need to be banned from union rooms, GTS, etc. New forms could work, just banning the items that cause it, otherwise inhibiting processes for it, or simply use the regular form design rather than the new. In all, we could potentially get new forms but new megas seem unlikely until the next gen.

There are so many features from RSE that we did not get to fully get to experience, and I would like to see the region explored more. The Sevii Islands could definitely make a reappearance, possibly with some help from that Strange Souvenir (or maybe only Southern, Navel, Birth, or Faraway Islands or Mirage Island). A short space scene could also be implemented, to catch Jirachi and/or Deoxys (I never really understood the fun of event Pokémon, I would much rather battle and catch them instead).

So many things in this game would look amazing, for example in Emerald after you waken Rayquaza and he goes to stop the Groudon/Kyogre battle.

Last, and I have been kind of hoping for this for a while, but Gen. I remakes as well. I know we had HGSS, but RBGY/FRLG were a whole different story and I would love to see them in even a semi-3D format. this could also start a vein of 3rd version remakes (Blue/Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Grey?, etc.).

SPIRE_FAN

Fan of The Diamonts!
I love how Omega and Alpha further correlate Groudon and Kyogre to their Biblical counterparts (Behemoth and Leviathan respectively).

What's fascinating is that this will be the first generation remade with a "pokemon trio" as their mascots. While Heartlgold/Soulsilver included elements of Crystal in it, Suicune was considered in a whole different trio (the standard one for each gen). And as such didn't really change the main plot around Ho-oh and Lugia.

My conclusion to all this (and one of the first thoughts I had when I saw the announcement) is how big of a role Rayquaze will play and how they will incorporate it into the games.

Though I would LOVE to do further research on the correlation between the Weather Trio and their Biblical counterparts (Behemoth, Leviathan, Ziz), (Omega, Alpha, ?), the announcement happened to come upon finals week for me. Regardless, I would love to hear your theories on how you think Rayquaza will incorporate into the new games.

Alpha? Gen 3 Remakes?? Alpha/Omega = Beginning??....
1900114_10203742906955734_4111801426877864002_n.jpg