'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

Whitefire said:
NaturallyDark said:
imagejpg1_zpsd13d9333.jpg

I actually pulled out my old copy of Ruby to get that screenshot. It's been a while. ^_^

Eeee yes awesome thank you <3

It would be neat to talk with our pokemon, but it would also be all kinds of weird. Would they speak in text? Or would they get voice actors [like pikachu][only when using the thing to talk with them id pray]?

I've always preferred the idea that they use more animalistic noises rather than repeating their own names to talk. Oh, I so hope that having your Pokémon follow you returns from HG/SS! And you could then turn around and when you talk to them, they reply ~ ! ^///^ Great Arceus, I am so excited for this!

Only ever plan on posting once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiy4W6GxgoU
Someone's title on Youtube was released 6 months ago.
Pokemon X, Y, Z, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire - NEW INFO - HIDDEN MEGA EVOLUTIONS REVEALED!

Yes, if they do get to talk [ie we understand their words] then i'd hope they'd make their little pokemon noises and then be translated with a device thing and we read the text instead of.... voice actors [pikachu weirds me out still]

CMP said:
Teal said:
Black 2 and White 2 without a doubt featured the most diverse cities ... XY make it close too.

Village Bridge, Black City/White Forest, Humilau City, Castelia City, Virbank City, Lacunosa Town, Nimbasa City, Lentimas Town, Undella Town, Anville Town,

Never played B2W2, but I must agree to disagree. Castelia City is a large city, yes, but it's simply that...a large city. Nothing special. The same can be said for many other cities and towns you mentioned; Nimbasa City in particular is an average city with some interesting amusement-esque features. In my opinion, a city in the treetops and a city on logs in the ocean are much more unique and interesting.

Environments and cities which I believe will translate wonderfully to 3D!
Humilau is also partly on water. White Forest is a... city in a forest. :p
Other Hoenn towns were pretty much generic towns while all cities and towns in B2W2 showed variety.

You should play B2W2. Those and HGSS are definitely my favs.

BobMcSteve said:
Only ever plan on posting once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiy4W6GxgoU
Someone's title on Youtube was released 6 months ago.
Pokemon X, Y, Z, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire - NEW INFO - HIDDEN MEGA EVOLUTIONS REVEALED!
Pfff... it was just edited today. Nothing in the comments mentions OR/AS. -.-

Reggie McGigas said:
Mortal_Zachary said:
The only question I have now is Why was there no Pokmon Direct or any 'Special' announcement !?!? This was a completely Surprising and Boaring Announcement to be honest. No Game play ? Nothing !?! Just box arts ... Well can't wait til CoroCoro leaks in 3-5 days or Pokemon Smash on Saturday!

I wish I could like this. It really seems like a random announcement.
They (still) want us speculating first. :p

you guys remember the rocket space tower? I wonder if it will be completed in this game and be used for jirachi/deoxys event.

Nice theory, but considering these are remakes, not sequels, I wouldn't think it likely.

OR MAYBE IT WILL BE DONE AND WE CAN GO TO SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE

godzilla41 said:
you guys remember the rocket space tower? I wonder if it will be completed in this game and be used for jirachi/deoxys event.
PLEASE

This was probably the most annoying thing in RSE. That the space station was pretty much utterly useless. Please don't even mention Steven. It was pointless...

PMJ said:
Nice theory, but considering these are remakes, not sequels, I wouldn't think it likely.

OR MAYBE IT WILL BE DONE AND WE CAN GO TO SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Its a sequel for sure, no doubt about it. New World, Different looking Groundon/Kyoger on the box arts (mega probably) and a Dramatic story line... Defenatly a Sequel! Maybe N might make an apperence ?

I just remembered we were able to do multiplayer contests (using a link cable of course) in the originals. Online contests would be a really neat feature to add in.

Because the japanese logos for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire have the Omega and Alpha symbols in them respectively, it could hint at why Groudon and Kyogre look different. My guess is that they are just new forms. (Omega & Alpha form?) Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the in game I.D. card in XY for one of the creators of the game shown during an XY interview or something relative to the sort and it showed he had caught or seen a specific number of Pokemon that was higher than 719? Taking that into account and the fact that this seems like a new storyline, perhaps we could see some new Pokemon introduced? I know it may not be likely but it seems like these games are more than just a remake.

Sweet. I so can't wait for these games. Between now and then I have to load $50.00 into my 3DS so I can get one of the on launch date XD.:)

Definitely hoping for a sequel instead of a straight remake. There's so much potential in a post-R/S/E Hoenn that I can't help but feel like it'd be a bit of a shame to not tap into it.

I don't think we can draw any conclusions either way yet, though; TPCi tends to just throw out words, so we can't read into them and expect any sort of accuracy.

also space sequels would be amazing

make deoxys/space center a main plot point

pls gf...pls

Maybe.. Team Magma/Aqua succeed in capturing Groudon/Kyogre and something weird happens to them?

Blakexd9 said:
Fire Red/Leaf Green came with the Wireless Adapter, Heart Gold/Soul Silver came with the Pokewalker, will we see something for these games??

Every game comes with a brand new trumpet.

The artwork for both looks so cool.

Random question. There are some good artwork of pokemon that is used for the pokedex website that are also used for the TCG. How comes more of these are not used for the TCG?

Meaty said:
Blakexd9 said:
Fire Red/Leaf Green came with the Wireless Adapter, Heart Gold/Soul Silver came with the Pokewalker, will we see something for these games??

Every game comes with a brand new trumpet.

I loved the Pokewalker, I'm actually pretty excited to see if there actually is a new little devicey thing for the games.

I hope they have some footage to show at the upcoming E3.
It better serve justice to the almighty kyogre.

CMP said:
Teal said:
Black 2 and White 2 without a doubt featured the most diverse cities ... XY make it close too.

Village Bridge, Black City/White Forest, Humilau City, Castelia City, Virbank City, Lacunosa Town, Nimbasa City, Lentimas Town, Undella Town, Anville Town,

Never played B2W2, but I must agree to disagree. Castelia City is a large city, yes, but it's simply that...a large city. Nothing special. The same can be said for many other cities and towns you mentioned; Nimbasa City in particular is an average city with some interesting amusement-esque features. In my opinion, a city in the treetops and a city on logs in the ocean are much more unique and interesting.

Environments and cities which I believe will translate wonderfully to 3D!

You're missing the forest for the trees here; what you're mentioning are gimmicks, not the quality of the city itself; the locations on BW2 and XY (to a certain degree) were excellent because they went deeper than hot springs, houses on trees, big city, small city, houses on water, city on a crater, etc, etc; it's a matter of scale and quality, not some cheap gimmick (yes, BW2 and XY's cities had gimmicks too, but at a much lesser and less infuriating degree).

Dang so many jokes over the years and finally it's true.

The generation I probably hold closest to my heart (it was the first one I decided to play after 10 years of not playing since Gold/Silver) being remade with 3DS graphics... so awesome.

The region Hoenn has so much potential on the 3DS.
Gen III has most of my favorite pokemon. (Manectic, Aggron, Sceptile, Kyogre, etc)
The possibility for more megas is awesome. (wishful thinking, but maybe they will)
I loved TM/TA.
My favorite legendaries.
I loved secret bases, maybe they will return.
Maybe some new areas like they did in HGSS

So pumped for this! Glad SSB is coming out in the summer so I can keep my mind off this until November! 3DS is totally carrying Nintendo right now lol.

tigre said:
So pumped for this! Glad SSB is coming out in the summer so I can keep my mind off this until November! 3DS is totally carrying Nintendo right now lol.

And the WiiU is just sorta sitting in the corner asking if anyone wants to play some Watch Dogs...

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but what about contests? I can't be the only one who wants to see contests in 3D! (And that berry game, I can't remember the name).

Overall, my most wanted things would have to be:
  1. Mega Breloom
  2. Secret Bases
  3. The final battle with Steven in that cave
  4. Contests
  5. Mega Breloom, again.

Back