No Top Cut at Battle Roads?

Why
Whywhywhy
Why does it seem like P!P hates us?
I mean I'm kind of grateful I won't have to sit around and wait for Vulpix Yolk to get out of top but
I was just getting to the point where I topcut too :C

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
You sadden me for not mentioning YGO, which I myself am pondering to go play and leave Pokemon TCG behind.

You could go play Magic or Cardfight!! Vanguard instead If you're seriously considering leaving Pokemon but it's your call dude. I'm just sick and tired of everyone getting upset over the No Top Cut ruling for BR's, I don't like it either but you don't see me quitting the Pokemon TCG over it.

They calculate resistance. It's not fun going 3-0 but still getting second, but happens.

Hmmm, this doesn't really matter, the standing down here pretty much always are the final standing after top cut.

Card Slinger J said:
You could go play Magic or Cardfight!! Vanguard instead If you're seriously considering leaving Pokemon but it's your call dude. I'm just sick and tired of everyone getting upset over the No Top Cut ruling for BR's, I don't like it either but you don't see me quitting the Pokemon TCG over it.

Are you aware of the phrase "the straw that broke the camel's back"?
Well, I haven't found that straw yet, but I'm pretty darn close to it.
That, and I just lost the one opportunity in my life where I might have a chance to top-cut. I came close in Spring Regionals 2011 but that was pretty much it, sadly.

In some ways its ok but I think it sucks. I don't have a local card shop, so our public library hosts our brs and cities. Multiple times we have had to go to arbies to finish top cut, but I would have liked to have top cut at least 1 more year.

Wow if I lose one game or get one bye I might as well drop out :( worst decision ever I hope this is fake

Dweaver said:
Wow if I lose one game or get one bye I might as well drop out :( worst decision ever I hope this is fake
Byes count as wins.
Or is there something more about byes?
It isn't fake. :(
Getting 1st will be harder.

Dweaver said:
byes make it so you have a bad opponents win %

No! byes= 100% opponents win percentage so if you get a bye your resistance is crazy. It also makes your opponents loss percentage 0%! So byes are great.

cf11 said:
No! byes= 100% opponents win percentage so if you get a bye your resistance is crazy. It also makes your opponents loss percentage 0%! So byes are great.
Wow I thought it was the opposite I still hate byes cuz u sit around and do nothing and It doesnt feel like an actual win

Calm down guys. This just about confirms there wont be CP for BRs (which is a good thing). The less importance they put on these tournaments the better.

I'm not too familiar with how CP are distributed (I looked it up at one point in time but my memory fails me at the moment). However, from what I understand it is pretty hard for Canadians (I am Canadian) to reach the CP required for a World Championships invite. It would seem that this decision will make it even harder for Canadians to get in via CP.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :p.

GHJamesGH said:
Calm down guys. This just about confirms there wont be CP for BRs (which is a good thing). The less importance they put on these tournaments the better.

In what way does this confirm that we will get no CP at BRs?

I said "just about confirms". -_-'

Now seriously, the reason they are doing this is to lessen their importance.How could making them harder to win put less importance on them?

If they give CPs at BRs, they wont change anything at all.

GHJamesGH said:

Now seriously, the reason they are doing this is to lessen their importance.How could making them harder to win put less importance on them?

I thought it was because of people on the west coast that have like 60 people show up so 99% of the 6-1's don't make top.

GHJamesGH said:

I'm sorry, I missed that part.

I think the point may be to make it harder to get CP at BRs. Think about it, you could get CPs just for Top Cutting at BRs, so by removing Top Cut getting CPs is harder. If my math is correct, doesn't Top Cutting at all BRs = half of your Nationals qualification?

Back