No Top Cut at Battle Roads?

2 CP is way too little, especially in competitive states where going X-0 is very difficult. 3 Should be winning, 2 should be second, and 3rd and 4th should get 1.

I like Top Cut. It gives the 3-1 a chance to make up for a misplay, bad luck, or bad matchup during the tourney. I think this was a terrible decision.

My League Leader, who is also a TO, said we should still be getting CPs at BRs. I'm almost sure this was a definite answer.

Some people have been arguing that they should just do away with Championship Points altogether. My fear is that alot of the good players in the Pokemon TCG are going to start quitting because of No Top Cut at BR's, it's bad enough that the next format might be very similiar to the current format where Basics are mainly going up against Basics with not much use for Stage 1's and Stage 2's.

Do I see Pokemon TCG players quitting for Cardfight!! Vanguard, Kaijudo, or Magic because of this terrible decision that TPCi/P!P made no of course not although it's very possible that they would though. I play the Pokemon TCG to have fun and try to win alot, I don't care that much about the prize support, Championship Points, or trying to get an invite at Worlds. As long as I'm able to play against people in the Pokemon TCG that's all that matters to me.

Brave Vesperia said:
My League Leader, who is also a TO, said we should still be getting CPs at BRs. I'm almost sure this was a definite answer.

Battleroads is going to be a dirt road with nothing but darkrai, mewtwo and terrakion if that's the case.

Do I see Pokemon TCG players quitting for Cardfight!! Vanguard, Kaijudo, or Magic because of this terrible decision that TPCi/P!P made no of course not although it's very possible that they would though.
You sadden me for not mentioning YGO, which I myself am pondering to go play and leave Pokemon TCG behind.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
You sadden me for not mentioning YGO, which I myself am pondering to go play and leave Pokemon TCG behind.

Be prepared to spend 200-400 dollars on a deck to stay competitive, If you do.

Edit: Anyways if they do give championship points at BR's still I'm just going to run Darkrai, its the fastest thing in the format, and getting Prizes early would be the best possible way of going through Undefeated, especially with Vileplume out of the format.

Project_Fedora said:
Which you pretty much have to do multiple times in Yugioh.

Not to mention a much worse competitve playerbase :s

I've already spent $52 and I'm halfway there! But knowing how I play card games, it won't cost me too much. I'm mostly waiting for the next banlist to come out so I can make some adjustments. (I don't play top-tier, but I do play a really solid deck that most people don't expect, which I like.)

Stop talking about Yugioh here. Look what you have created DNA.
It's beautiful, isn't it?

...Wait, isn't the discussion about no top cut at BRs basically over? It's been said and done; now we just need to wait until September to see how terrible of an impact it's going to be. (Honestly, I was surprised this topic was still open.)

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
I've already spent $52 and I'm halfway there! But knowing how I play card games, it won't cost me too much. I'm mostly waiting for the next banlist to come out so I can make some adjustments. (I don't play top-tier, but I do play a really solid deck that most people don't expect, which I like.)

It's beautiful, isn't it?

...Wait, isn't the discussion about no top cut at BRs basically over? It's been said and done; now we just need to wait until September to see how terrible of an impact it's going to be. (Honestly, I was surprised this topic was still open.)

I got a warning because of you *shakes fist* haha, but in seriousness no top cut at BR and no 2/3 is going to make Br's "Oh look I lost a game, better drop."

It is open so people can be all... theorymonical? about what other changes could be made, if any.

Glace said:
It is open so people can be all... theorymonical? about what other changes could be made, if any.

Hey glace, maybe this is a good thing.
We can pull a Jon because no one comes.

More stuff on Pokegym.

SD Pokemom:

as per Pete De Shaw's post on the PTO forum (which i've been given permission to share): there will be NO match play at BRAutumn, as it would defeat the purpose of making BR into smaller events.

(apologies as i do not know how to do the "wrote" box.)

I don't think this is good...

We don't normally have bo3, so why would this change? Now that top cut is gone, there will no be bo3 in BRs.

RogueChomp said:
We don't normally have bo3, so why would this change? Now that top cut is gone, there will no be bo3 in BRs.

bo3?

Oh Best of 3.

Yeah, and if we still have championship Points the tournaments will become more competitive, which defeats the purpose of trying to make them less competitive by taking away top cut.

Project_Fedora said:
bo3?

Oh Best of 3.

Yeah, and if we still have championship Points the tournaments will become more competitive, which defeats the purpose of trying to make them less competitive by taking away top cut.
No, not necessairly. If we keep the CP the same, it will be harder to get 1st place, but each individual match will not be any more competitive than it was previously.

Furthermore, the CP themselves are not the problem - only their numbers. If they gave 1 CP to first and had a BFL of two, that would be GREAT for the game. You'd only have to win two BRs to cap out, and they'd have no effect on whether or not 99.9% of the playerbase qualifies for Worlds. You wouldn't have to go if you didn't want to. That would make BRs significantly less competitive, but they'd still have CP.

Back