Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Maserati777 Aspiring Trainer
    Maserati777

I really like the full art designs, my only complaints would be that Gyarados is shiny and that the secret rares are these gold full arts with random Pokemon in the background.

Other then that my most anticipated ex Scizor full art hasn't been revealed yet.

2. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

So they pretty much reused the same Ho-Oh EX full art image?

3. Throbbulator Aspiring Trainer
    Throbbulator

Advanced Member Member

Time Puzzle... Sableye...

OVERGRO likes this.
  4. Hellcat Outlaw Trainer
    Hellcat

I'm really loving what they're doing with the secret rares in the past two sets.

Also, Darkrai Yveltal is definitely going to be a thing again.

OVERGRO likes this.
  5. MelancholyFairy Tricky Fox
    MelancholyFairy

OH MY GOD IM DYING OVER HERE I SWEAR IVE LITERALLY NEVER FAN BOY'D THIS HARD IN MY LIFE A DARKRAI-EX IM LITERALLY CRYING, WHERE IS THE FULL ART, MAKE HIM A SECRET RARE TOO, PLEASE.

6. Hellcat Outlaw Trainer
    Hellcat

Pretty much :/ They look too similar but the art is pretty awesome looking.

7. Blui lv85 paladin
    Blui

Pretty sure Aegislash-EX is good as ever.

Anyway, Special Energy is far from the most degenerate thing that card will do.

bbninjas likes this.
  8. Pipotchi Aspiring Trainer
    Pipotchi

edit: i think they are treading a fine line with all the new "get everything out of the discard" cards

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  9. Rozureido Aspiring Trainer
    Rozureido

Currently Known Set-list.

Pancham and Pangoro haven't been revealed, but nothing else but Pangoro fits after Darkrai EX, but before Scizor EX except Yvetal, who doesn't seem likely. Plus there is an open fighting spot that Pancham would fit into. All signs point to them being included here.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    OVERGRO likes this.
  10. MelancholyFairy Tricky Fox
    MelancholyFairy

I'm calling a dark patch reprint. Please. Please have a Dark Patch Reprint.

11. Pipotchi Aspiring Trainer
    Pipotchi

god i hope not, i dont think any energy acceleration should be as easy as dark patch.

Otaku likes this.
  12. SRreplet51 Aspiring Trainer
    SRreplet51

I do have to say that Manaphy FA.... Pretty cute haha but I think I'd play the regular art one anyway.

13. SaitoGmr5 Aspiring Trainer
    SaitoGmr5

Ok now that Hypno comes in handy, it´s just like Sceptile Ariados, you put your opponent to sleep, stand in retreat with Zoroark, and attach a muscle with Darkrai to do 180.

14. Hydrocrush Aspiring Trainer
    Hydrocrush

how dare you rip us off where is umbreon

15. RealSlim Dragons Breeder
    RealSlim

Oh my... Mitsuhiro Arita's Gyarados-EX full art is awesome!!!

And look at that Hypno... Tomokazu, what the heck harbors in your mind? It's horrible and terrifying, but it's a 10/10!

16. Athena Envoy of Mediation
    Athena

Advanced Member Member

Darkrai-EX instead of Umbreon-EX is a major disappointment. Darkrai already has an EX even. :< And no FA Supporters, once again...

Overall, though, with Gyarados, Espeon, and Ho-Oh, I'm still decently pleased with this set. It's not the best, and I still don't like the BREAK cards at all, but a lot of the regular cards have awesome artwork, and some of the Pokémon are a treat to see. Sure, Ho-Oh is recycled, but his FA cards look so awesome I can't complain. :p

I like the continuation of the "UR FA of the set's main Pokémon with the BREAK Pokémon in the background", too. I wonder if it'll just be the one Gyarados one or if there will be another of a different EX that we haven't seen yet.

17. Videoland Aspiring Trainer
    Videoland

If there is another gold FA, I think it will be Scizor. But last set didn't have Houndoom or Glalie as UR FA so it could just be Gyarados. Espeon, Manpahy and Gyarados FA looks awesome (not a fan of Mega FAs in general because of the text). Ho-Oh doesn't look bad but the pose could've been a bit more different from the old FA.

18. MasterGallade ThePokemonRhombus @ YouTube
    MasterGallade

Please no more Darkrai holy crap

19. Chrswrites Aspiring Trainer
    Chrswrites

I like the set. It is decent, even for a collector. The things I Don't like are the gold SECRET rare Pokemon. Better reprint ultra ball from plasma freeze.
    I also would have loved an Umbreon Ex, more than another excisting EX. Still waiting for Phione, Suicune, Regirock, Regice, Lake Trio, etc. I even would have liked Zapdos and Moltres since they don't have full art versions

20. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Charlie Roome likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?