Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

Time Puzzle: I've dreaded them printing a Trainer that can get back Special Energy back from the discard. Despite the numerous and popular ways we have to discard Special Energy, they still see a ton of play. If this was to bring them back, they never left! Now every Special Energy counter is less effective. This card also loosens up resource management. I don't like how 'in play' the discard pile becomes with this card.

Pretty sure Aegislash-EX is good as ever.

Anyway, Special Energy is far from the most degenerate thing that card will do.

edit: i think they are treading a fine line with all the new "get everything out of the discard" cards

Last edited:
Currently Known Set-list.

Pancham and Pangoro haven't been revealed, but nothing else but Pangoro fits after Darkrai EX, but before Scizor EX except Yvetal, who doesn't seem likely. Plus there is an open fighting spot that Pancham would fit into. All signs point to them being included here.

Last edited:
Ok now that Hypno comes in handy, it´s just like Sceptile Ariados, you put your opponent to sleep, stand in retreat with Zoroark, and attach a muscle with Darkrai to do 180.

Oh my... Mitsuhiro Arita's Gyarados-EX full art is awesome!!!

And look at that Hypno... Tomokazu, what the heck harbors in your mind? It's horrible and terrifying, but it's a 10/10!

Darkrai-EX instead of Umbreon-EX is a major disappointment. Darkrai already has an EX even. :< And no FA Supporters, once again...

Overall, though, with Gyarados, Espeon, and Ho-Oh, I'm still decently pleased with this set. It's not the best, and I still don't like the BREAK cards at all, but a lot of the regular cards have awesome artwork, and some of the Pokémon are a treat to see. Sure, Ho-Oh is recycled, but his FA cards look so awesome I can't complain. :p

I like the continuation of the "UR FA of the set's main Pokémon with the BREAK Pokémon in the background", too. I wonder if it'll just be the one Gyarados one or if there will be another of a different EX that we haven't seen yet.

If there is another gold FA, I think it will be Scizor. But last set didn't have Houndoom or Glalie as UR FA so it could just be Gyarados. Espeon, Manpahy and Gyarados FA looks awesome (not a fan of Mega FAs in general because of the text). Ho-Oh doesn't look bad but the pose could've been a bit more different from the old FA.

I like the set. It is decent, even for a collector. The things I Don't like are the gold SECRET rare Pokemon. Better reprint ultra ball from plasma freeze.
I also would have loved an Umbreon Ex, more than another excisting EX. Still waiting for Phione, Suicune, Regirock, Regice, Lake Trio, etc. I even would have liked Zapdos and Moltres since they don't have full art versions

Oooh, yay, we get the Meganium line! Really love that cute Chikorita. :3

Hello all!

Havent been here for a round 15 months bad circumstances making me decide with all that's going on I can't be collecting Pokemon cards but now the dust has settled I just ordered a box each of the last mewtwo set from amiami not releasing these were due! Will they appear on amiami on the 11th or am I just not seeing them on there already?

Oh wow, that Garchomp is... far from terrible. And that art is terrifying. Awesome but terrifying. It's definitely a powerhouse Stage 2, easily accessible at that. Not sure what to pair it with, but it does have potential.

Back