Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

After seeing all the Basic Pokemon buffs, I thought we would get something to help evolution or BREAK. Nope. Wasn't this suppose to be EX vs. BREAK vs. Mega or something? I fail to see that in this set.

So with Time Puzzle can you take a lead then perform the infinite loop until time is called, going for the win in the 3 extra turns to take the series?

I have a feeling we will get more BREAK support in the sets after this one.

In english we should be getting Skyla full art like the steven full art in ancient origins. That is if the pattern continues.
I want that card so bad! I expected my Glaceon-EX to be left out of this set but it would have fir in well for two reasons. But yeah your right that Skyla card should be there if our pattern continues.

These last two sets have been very dissapointing. I hype over a card to find out its not in English! I wish I lived in Japan :mad:

That rare Espeon card is a MUST for me. I'm interested to see if they make the gold outline types for Vaporeon EX, Leafeon EX and Jolteon EX.

Now that I think about it, zen strika may not be useful because that means you can't hit for weakness which is why lightning is so good.

Now that I think about it, zen strika may not be useful because that means you can't hit for weakness which is why lightning is so good.

I assume you mean this ability:

Ability: Zebra Zone
As long as this Pokemon is in play, damage from your [L] Pokemon’s attacks isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Weakness is a game meachnic and not an effect on the oppoent's active Pokémon. This means Zebra Zone would allow [L] Pokémon Ex to hit through effects that block or reduce damage and still hit for weakness.

Pretty sure Aegislash-EX is good as ever.

Psst... you realize Aegislash-EX is already not as good as when it first released in XY: Phantom Forces, right? Besides players just learning how to better cope with it over time, since Aegislash-EX debuted we have gotten Silent Lab and Hex Maniac to shut off "Mighty Shield", the revival of some major decks that run on mostly or all Basic Energy cards thanks to Archie's Ace in the Hole reviving Deluge decks and Colorless M Rayquaza-EX taking advantage of Bronzong (PHF) and an increase in "piercing" effects that cut through protective effects, though these are usually deck specific like Tyrantrum-EX.

Time Puzzle can reclaim any work around a deck runs for getting by "Mighty Shield": besides what I listed above, just like Time Puzzle can get back discarded Double Colorless Energy cards it can also get back whatever Basic Energy card and a Dimension Valley for Night March decks to get back to OHKOs via Mew-EX, Blacksmith - and if need be Entei (XY: Ancient Origins 14/98) - for Vespiquen (XY: Ancient Origins 10/98)/Flareon (BW: Plasma Freeze 12/116) decks.

It is possible this will go way as players will have another means of reclaiming Special Energy counters, but I am thinking getting back a discarded Special Energy at the same time one reclaims Lysandre or Escape Rope to deal with Jirachi (XY: Black Star Promos XY67), at least for a turn. Most of these counters are about single turn delays, not long term blocking.

Anyway, Special Energy is far from the most degenerate thing that card will do.

I fear you may be correct, though I want to point out that all the people talking about using Time Puzzle to get back Time Puzzle, if the English version of the card doesn't already include text to prevent that it will be an errata for it soon enough. The-powers-that-be have had to deal with this before. ;)

The last two trainers better have some evolution card support.

I'd rather Evolving Pokémon acted as Evolution support anyway; externalizing it seems to defeat the purpose of Evolving anyway. ;)

If that is right, wouldn't that make getting two time puzzles in your hand to play at the same time a bit awkward? I believe judge and red card might hinder this card a bit.

I think it will depend on the entirety of the set (like Delinquent) because those two alone shouldn't be a major obstacle. Plus remember the card isn't totally useless as a single either; it may seem like a subtle difference from cards that are all or nothing, but it matters.

Just a note, and perhaps this is a thread on it's own, but Meganium reminds me of the old Turtwig GL! That was an interesting deck back in the day.

It's probably never work with this Meganium, for countless reasons (Stage 2, no SP/GL support, different draw/search, OHKO format, blah blah blah...) but I thought I'd throw that out there. :)

I'd rather Evolving Pokémon acted as Evolution support anyway; externalizing it seems to defeat the purpose of Evolving anyway. ;)

As in better basic and stage one support for their final evolutions? Like frogadier or that old gabite for example? That would be a dream come true :p

Got my 2 booster boxes today! 10 holos or 'better' in each but disappointing only 4 in each were the 'better'

In 1st box got:
Scizor ex
Darkrai ex
Greninja break
Mega shiny guardian ex

Box 2:
Espeon ex
Manaphy ex
Greninja break (again o_O)
Full art gold ultra rare with shiny gyrados, manaphy and greninja!!

Last Pack from 2 boxes contained the ultra rare so that made up for the rest of em! Happy to be back collecting after about 15 months away :)

Back