Garbodor / Big Basics

RE: Garbodor / Landorus EX / Mewtwo EX

If they're running Blastoise/Keldeo then set up a Garbodor and start Hammerhead'ing away.

And when they get three energies on Keldeo, I lose my Landy. Mewtwo can return KO, but they'd normally by then have tool scrappered, and can begin BKEX raping me.

No doubt BKEX is an outright beast and can rip through LMG/LMTG if Garbodor is not in play. I've found Bouffalant to be very helpful in these matchups.

BKEX loses horribly if Bouff is in play. Terrakion can also throw this off, by hitting for the right amount to only lose a prize card. I think non ex basics hitting hard is something that this deck must have, otherwise it's going to have issue's against Blastoise/BKEX/Tool Scrapper.

MrGatr said:
BKEX loses horribly if Bouff is in play. Terrakion can also throw this off, by hitting for the right amount to only lose a prize card. I think non ex basics hitting hard is something that this deck must have, otherwise it's going to have issue's against Blastoise/BKEX/Tool Scrapper.

A friend of mine went 8-0 in the Swiss rounds (at the IL States) runing this deck and had to beat 3-4 Blastoise decks... He Catcher-KOd alot of Squirtles that day (lol) and I think he ran 1 Terrakion in his deck.

Your area is different than mine lol. We had 2 decks that were Blastoise BKEX, Black Kyurem go to top 16, in Masters and many more were centered around it in seniors. BKEX is something I just don't know how to easily beat.

MrGatr said:
BKEX is something I just don't know how to easily beat.
"Easily" - no way. But I have seen Darkrai-Sableye players beat Blastoise-BKEX-Keldeo and I (running LMT) even beat a Blastoise-BKEX-Keldeo in a Top 4 match (2nd best turn of that match was when I KOd 2 wounded Keldeo EXs with a Lando). It's not easy, but doable.

I guess I should probably go about testing like crazy against. After seeing our masters T16, we had about 85% Blastoise Variants, and they all ran tool scrapper :|

Anyways, Should I run 2 Terrakion EX, or split 1 EX, and 1 NVI?

I'd say split but I'm not convinced on playing it anyways :|

MrGatr said:
I guess I should probably go about testing like crazy against. After seeing our masters T16, we had about 85% Blastoise Variants, and they all ran tool scrapper :|

1 EX no NV.

MrGatr said:

I'd go neither. They're both pretty useless.

Ummmmmmm.... No. Terrakion EX is the only form of hand to field energy accel for the deck. And Terrakion does well in a plasmaklang matchup... I wouldn't say useless.

MrGatr said:
Ummmmmmm.... No. Terrakion EX is the only form of hand to field energy accel for the deck. And Terrakion does well in a plasmaklang matchup... I wouldn't say useless.
You don't need hand acceleration. Terra EX slows the deck down way too much, as it's extremely hard to get the three energy, and Landorus operates on 1 energy attacks, while Mewtwo operates on DCE. Garbodor shuts down plasmaklang's ability, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Terrakion EX is good if you run Scramble Switch to bring him out of nowhere.

Since when are you going to have that many energy on one Pokemon to be able to SS into a Terrakion EX and Pump Up Smash?

MountainDrew said:
Terrakion EX is good if you run Scramble Switch to bring him out of nowhere.
Once you have 3 energy on the field, why the hell do you need more? Why not bring out a Landorus EX out of nowhere to do 150 damage? Or keep the energy on Landorus EX. That would be wasting your big scramble switch play imo.

This is one of those decks that can really run any ACE SPEC. Computer Search helps you set up, Dowsing Machine helps you conserve those limited resources, and Scramble Switch provides an extra switch and a great way to power up an extra attacker.

Back