Garbodor / Big Basics

RE: Garbodor / Landorus EX / Mewtwo EX

I don't get what Devolution Spray would fix better than another Switch or Rescue Scarf.

SheNinja said:
Better than CS and DM? uhhhhhh. "Every deck"? Sableye/Darkrai would want to run CS...

As good as CS. DM is not even seeing play.

You mean the "almost every deck" that they stated?

SS is not awesome in [most] decks. CS, DM, or GP outclass it in [at least] 95% of decks.

TuxedoBlack said:
Noaaj said:
I certainly think that Garbo is a tier 1 deck.
Great job on your tournament results.

Big Basics (aka LMT, LMG or LMTG - Landorus EX - Mewtwo EX - Tornadus EX) with/without Garbodor is DEFINITELY Tier 1 - State tournament results support this claim without question.

I played LMT at all 3 of the States and made Top 4 at 2 of the State tournaments. After playing my 3rd match at the 3rd State tournament, I'd wish I had played the "G" deck version... Lol.

One notable difference I have in my "G" version (as well as in my LMT version) is that I run Scramble Switch vs. Computer Search. Scramble Switch is absolutely amazing in the deck.

Congrats again on making the Cut.

Yeah thanks. For my next tournament idk if I want to run big basics or Gabodor. I would definetely do LMT, along with Bouffalant and maybe terrakion. We'll see.

Any deck that has a variety of attackers works very well the scramble switch. One of the best reasons to use scramble switch is to power up an attacker out of no where that your opponent hadn't been considering. Hence, why it's bad in Darkrai. But it's good in Garbo, Big Basics, and Ho Oh.

I run computer search mostly because I only run two attackers, mewtwo and landorus. I think scramble switch becomes a great option when you add in landorus or bouffalant.

SheNinja said:
SS is not awesome in [most] decks. CS, DM, or GP outclass it in [at least] 95% of decks.

I'd prefer Scramble in anything with Landorus.

I haven't found a single deck that I would prefer SS over the other Ace-Specs.

SheNinja said:
I haven't found a single deck that I would prefer SS over the other Ace-Specs.

Not even Landorus or Garbdoro?

That makes more sense...

I prefer CS or SS, more edging toward SS. CS provides speed and utility while SS provides options, another way to switch out, and versatility. For States I used SS and found that it won me many games.
Most of the other Garbos in my meta ran CS. I don't really know why though tbh, I know Ishaan ran it for the T1 Blow Through though.

Honestly, Computer Search isn't the best card in this deck. Discarding two cards to grab just one, could be useful, but it's better to get things you need more often. IMO Scramble Switch has potential, but it'll be much better later on in the format. I'm currently loving Dowsing Machine. It gets me back more Skyla, Juniper, anything really, and it's super helpful.

I find I can consistently set up with Scramble Switch.

Lets just cheat and run all 3

I think the Ace Spec for this deck is completely personal preference. Anyways, in an area with so much blastoise Keldeo, should I run 2 Landy, and 3 Mewtwo?

I currently don't like running Tornadus EX. Sure I can get a KO on a squirtle, but if they set up BKEX, Tornadus becomes dead weight (really everything does) I'm currently liking just running 3 Mewtwo and 2 Landy. It's been working too.

Back