Garbodor / Big Basics

RE: Garbodor / Landorus EX / Mewtwo EX

I really like Dowsing Machine in this deck because I run fewer tools than average (5 in total). Whilst I am more likely to get back a laser or something, it is highly possible for an Eviolite to be the target. Running fewer tools has let me be generally more consistent, but I don't have a shortage of them with having 3 Skyla and Dowsing Machine.

Of course that is solely my reasoning for using Dowsing Machine. Computer Search will always be amazing, and Scramble Switch is one of the most incredible cards ever, so I could easily switch it and not really lose anything.

Generally people run 4-5 tools with some combination of Rescue Scarf, Giant Cape, and sometimes Eviolite.

Only 4-5? That's why I haven't had much space... (I was playing 7-8) (3 Scarf, 3 Eviolite, 2 Giant Cape) I guess I've got to change the list.

If Float gets released in Freeze I think that this deck will become even better, has you can play 3 Scarfs, 2 Capes and 3 Floats/2 Switch or vice-versa

SheNinja said:
What is the normal Tool line in this deck?
Not sure there is a "normal" Tool line/mix, but most players I know running this deck play 6-8 Tools. A friend who went 8-0 in Swiss (at States) played, I believe, 3 Rescue Scarf, 3 Giant Cape and 2 Eviolite.

I ran 5 tools in my top 2 regionals list. 1 scarf, 2 giant cape, 2 eviolite

5 is pretty standard. I run 5 too and most of the Masters I know run 5. It's very difficult to have a consistent list and find room for more than 5 (unless you cut Lasers, but that's generally not a good idea.)

The list I ran with this deck had 7 Tools and ran very nicely.

Also, depends on how many tool scrappers are running around. 5 is normal in my experience, but if people are playing multiple scrappers you might bump up the count. As long as you don't just lay the tools down as you draw em, one will usually be in your hand to follow up a scrapper.

Yeah, if you know your opponent plays scrapper, put one tool down at a time.

Can we discuss other varients of Garbodor here? Other than Lando/Mewtwo

All other Garbodor variants other than this one are considered Rogue, so unfortunately you may not.

Blah said:
All other Garbodor variants other than this one are considered Rogue, so unfortunately you may not.

What about Tornadus EX/Mewtwo EX and Garbodor? Its very strong and very fast! Haven't you guys played that at all? I think it counts as meta from a power perspective.

Any Garbodor that includes Landorus, Mewtwo, and/or Tornadus is fine.

Okay good!

Because I just want to say, that its a smoochilicious, excellent Deck. You can deal 90 on the first turn with Virbank and Hypnotoxic, you can counter high-Energy attackers with Mewtwo. You can 2 HKO any EX with Tornadus combined with Hypnotoxic and HTL, the Pokémon have low retreat cost besides Garbodor, and that's mainly what Switch is for, AND all those tools help you out with their effects too. Like +20 HP from Giant Cape, or 20 retaliation damage counters with Rocky Helmet!!

I would rethink the Pokemon line-up of landorus tornados and mewtwo especially if a deck that will feature thundurus kyurem and deoxys with energy acceleration will become popular in the format. Basically you will be going against a line-up which your Pokemon is weak against. Not to mention it uses laserbank as well and may even have frozen city as a third gym.

PlasmaBox plays VCG? I thought it only played Frozen City...

Back