Garbodor / Big Basics

RE: Garbodor / Landorus EX / Mewtwo EX

SheNinja said:
PlasmaBox plays VCG? I thought it only played Frozen City...

I think its best to discuss the gyms that Plasma Box uses in the Plasma Box thread :p

But since most Plasma Box builds uses 4 Hypnotoxic Lasers in their builds it is only natural that they play Virbank City Gym. In fact it is the other way around, most builds do not have Frozen City at all.

Well, this weekend I ran this at a Battle Roads and won the Roads. There was another guy playing GarboLand but took out the 3rd Landorus EX for a Groudon EX and that cost him the last round against Rayeels

DrunkSpinda said:
Well, this weekend I ran this at a Battle Roads and won the Roads. There was another guy playing GarboLand but took out the 3rd Landorus EX for a Groudon EX and that cost him the last round against Rayeels
Given that your area's (which area?) has started BR tournaments, is it safe to assume you encountered some Plasma Freeze decks? If so, which one(s)? Did you tech anything special for potential Plasma freeze decks you might encounter? Thanks.

TuxedoBlack said:
Given that your area's (which area?) has started BR tournaments, is it safe to assume you encountered some Plasma Freeze decks? If so, which one(s)? Did you tech anything special for potential Plasma freeze decks you might encounter? Thanks.

I think the PLF official release date is on the 8th of May, so I'm pretty sure there aren't any PLF decks yet.

DrunkSpinda said:

Whoa, you're already doing Battle Roads?? I can't find any information about it on the official website though...

Well I'm glad Garbodor worked well, but like others have said, they probably haven't built PFZ Decks yet.

Re: Garbodor / Landorus EX / Mewtwo EX

i feel that lando mewtwo garbodor can still duke it out with plasma box. its just a matter of matching up the attackers correctly. add in a couple of enhanced hammers and it could swing the match into your favor. just an idea

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

No Freeze, not even in the last week of BRs( 11th/12th of May). I faced Crobat/Mewtwo EX, Rayeels, another Rayeels, and Darkrai/Bouffalant

Ahh, i see. Thanks for clarifying that, Spinny.

And R0nald, I think you may be right about countering Plasma Box with En Hammer! Gotta be conservative with your Mewtwo EX Placement, make sure you've extinguished their Plasma Energies first, and fire away.
Mewtwo EX's X-Ball ftw!

I think that people are being too premature about mewtwo's "death". It will still kick some pokébutts until it rotates out

r0naLd222 said:
TuxedoBlack said:

I think the PLF official release date is on the 8th of May, so I'm pretty sure there aren't any PLF decks yet.

Prerelaeses ...

One thing that may save this deck from TDK is the new PROMO Plasma Landorus. It's first attack is not the primary attack doing 20 + 30 if you have the same number of cards in your hand as your opponent. (Hugh and N for the donk?) But it's second attack is what makes it good doing the magic number of 90 for 2 fighting and a DCE letting your opponent not retreat the next turn and doing 180 to a Thundurus EX. The energy is cost seems pricey but 1: this guy uses the same amount a land's judgement takes. And 2: think scramble switch ... ;) Oh and I forgot to add that this guy also makes a handy PlasmKlang Counter.

Re: RE: Garbodor / Landorus EX / Mewtwo EX

littywitty said:
r0naLd222 said:

Prerelaeses ...

One thing that may save this deck from TDK is the new PROMO Plasma Landorus. It's first attack is not the primary attack doing 20 + 30 if you have the same number of cards in your hand as your opponent. (Hugh and N for the donk?) But it's second attack is what makes it good doing the magic number of 90 for 2 fighting and a DCE letting your opponent not retreat the next turn and doing 180 to a Thundurus EX. The energy is cost seems pricey but 1: this guy uses the same amount a land's judgement takes. And 2: think scramble switch ... ;) Oh and I forgot to add that this guy also makes a handy PlasmKlang Counter.

well if I remember correctly, the aforementioned BR's took place a week before the prerelease (my place also had the BR's a week b4 the prerelease) so yeah, I stand firm that there were no PLF decks during that time.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

RE: Garbodor (With Landorus EX, Tornadus EX, Cobalion EX, etc.)

At Battle Roads today a Lando/Cobalion/Garbador took T4, my question - is that deck more viable than Lando/Mewtwo/Tornadus/Garbo? What makes the Cobalion deck better/good enough? I don't have a list or anything but I was hoping someone here might know about that Garbodor variant

Wrynku said:
At Battle Roads today a Lando/Cobalion/Garbador took T4, my question - is that deck more viable than Lando/Mewtwo/Tornadus/Garbo? What makes the Cobalion deck better/good enough? I don't have a list or anything but I was hoping someone here might know about that Garbodor variant

Cobalion is there to slow down Plasma and kill Kyurem. Plus straight 100 is nice when they can't use abilities.

would it be straight Lando and Cobalion, or would Mewtwo and/or Tornadus still be in the deck? I feel like the 2 different energy types slows the deck down

Wrynku said:
would it be straight Lando and Cobalion, or would Mewtwo and/or Tornadus still be in the deck? I feel like the 2 different energy types slows the deck down

Up to you really, I run 3 Landy & 2 Cobalion in my list with 6 Fighting Energy, 3 Metal & 2 Blend WFLM. I wanted to put a Mewtwo/Tornadus in, maybe even a Promo Landy but couldn't find the space. :p

Blui said:
Wrynku said:

Up to you really, I run 3 Landy & 2 Cobalion in my list with 6 Fighting Energy, 3 Metal & 2 Blend WFLM. I wanted to put a Mewtwo/Tornadus in, maybe even a Promo Landy but couldn't find the space. :p

Would you be able to post a list? I would greatly appreciate it!

Wrynku said:
Blui said:

Would you be able to post a list? I would greatly appreciate it!

Just for the hell of it I will

3/3 Garbodor (Garbage Collection Trubbish)
3 Landorus EX
2 Cobalion EX

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
1 Cheren
3 Catcher
3 Heavy Ball
3 Lasers
3 Crushing Hammer
2 Switch
1 Super Rod
1 Ultra Ball
1 Scramble Switch
2 Virbank
3 Float Stone
3 Rescue Scarf
2 EXP. Share

5 Fighting Energy
3 Metal Energy
2 Blend WLFM

So yeah that's it. I also T4'd with this list losing only to Landorus & co R1 -_-

blui said:
maybe even a Promo Landy

Is this Promo Landy the FA one or is it another one I haven't seen?

MrGatr said:
blui said:
maybe even a Promo Landy

Is this Promo Landy the FA one or is it another one I haven't seen?

http://www.http://google.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/landorus-blister-promo.png

That one :p

I think that promo Plasma Landy is terrible, seriously.

Back