3DS Discussion Thread

Luigi's Mansion 2 is.... Different. Not saying I dislike it at all, but it's going to take some getting used to. :p The strobelight is especially difficult to position, but that's my biggest complaint so far, so... That's pretty good! All the previous footage of it showed a game with lots of jaggies and bad framerate, but it's running pretty smooth.

I was going to get PMD, but reviews were less than good for it and Luigi's Mansion's were almost all glowing so I just went with it instead. If anyone here got PMD please let me know your first thoughts on it, because my next game is a toss-up between that and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

Edit: Oh snap. Nevermind, New Leaf would be out just a month after Donkey Kong! Maybe I won't have to make a decision between the two games after all, because New Leaf is top priority.

Pikachu 3ds XL on sale at Target

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-3ds-xl-limited-edition-pikachu-nintendo-3ds-xl/-/A-14452497#prodSlot=medium_1_1

@SotS Just saying, never trust the critic reviews for PMD, they are all good games(except for GtI because I havent played that one, so I wouldnt know) IMO, and the critics usually dislike it for some reason.

Too all those getting the Pikachu 3DS XL, I'm jelly. :p I wish I could get one, but region lock calls for import systems.... Sadly, looks like I'm still going to be saving up for that white 3DS LL...

Starboard Driger said:
PikabooPikachu said:
I got like 800 passes, mostly from when i took my 3DS with me when i went to Japan. It was insane the tags I'd get within a minute... (o_O)

It is in America now. When I went to Gamestop today for the pokemon event, I saw it sitting there. Amazon also is selling it. It's not the same one you have linked, but I think it's gonna be the closest special Fire Emblem 3DS America's gonna get. /:

Yeah, but that's the normal 3DS. The one I linked to is the XL, which is only in Europe and Japan at the moment >8(

If it never comes to the states, I'll get either black or white (concerned that the latter might get dirty though. Anyone know if the material is like that?)... when those come to the states. I read that white doesn't sell well over here, so that's why they haven't brought it over, but black is onixeptable. IT'S BLACK. NINTENDO Y U NO.

... I feel like 90% of my posts in this thread are complaining about Nintendo not localizing something.

I feel your pain, man... I feel ya here, here, and a lil' here...

Nobody said Youkai Watch is not coming to the West. Would be pretty surprised if it didn't...

I got my Pikachu 3DS XL, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity today :D I went to Toys"R"Us because Target was sold out as they only had two in. Toys"R"Us only had four. So these are really limited editions, guys! I like the design on the Pikachu 3DS XL. It's just too good to pass up. Act fast guys!

Enjoying Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity right now! It's as good as the demo was! Awesome!

pokemaister899 said:
@SotS Just saying, never trust the critic reviews for PMD, they are all good games(except for GtI because I havent played that one, so I wouldnt know) IMO, and the critics usually dislike it for some reason.

We're biased, you and I. Critics aren't.

Yeah, critics are gods in which they have no human feelings, and thus, no prejudice towards a game. NOPE. They are biased, they just sometimes try to keep it to a minimum. Can you think of a reason why IGN would give 4.9/10 to PMD: Sky? Or a 6/10 for the storyline?

Amphy, that was sarcasm.

Teeboy23 said:
I got my Pikachu 3DS XL, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity today :D I went to Toys"R"Us because Target was sold out as they only had two in. Toys"R"Us only had four. So these are really limited editions, guys! I like the design on the Pikachu 3DS XL. It's just too good to pass up. Act fast guys!

Enjoying Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity right now! It's as good as the demo was! Awesome!

Only two at Target? And only four at Toys R Us? whaaaaaat.

How did you know how many they got?

Amphy23 said:
Can you think of a reason why IGN would give 4.9/10 to PMD: Sky? Or a 6/10 for the storyline?

I feel the storyline score is a bit understandable. DIfferent things for different people. But the reason for the 4.9 was clear: They didn't like that it was practically the same game. Obviously, that was a big part of dude's review, and that is the nature of near rereleases. I do wish the score wasn't affected because of it, though, as it would have scored much higher for a newcomer (but dude went with what he thought was most important, which is fine). For better or for worse, scores are important to many people, and newcomers who see such a low one are going to be almost immediately turned off (not that giving something like IGN's past scores of 6.5 for the series would have made much of a difference...).

Yikes. Looks like my message came off the wrong way. o.o

I knew that Gates to Infinity wasn't going to get very many great scores, and I think I said that before. If I didn't, well there you go. And I also don't typically pay much mind to reviews just because they're not always the best -- I prefer getting opinions from players. However, like I said, I just decided for Dark Moon instead since the reviews were all so great. Not because PMD's were bad. I didn't mean to say I'm a big follower of reviews, or that I didn't get PMD just because of low ones, just that Luigi's Mansion looked like the better buy at the time.

Didn't mean to set the way for those replies. ^^;

As for why IGN gave a bad score, it's right in the word IGNorance. ;)
/Idon'tactuallyhateIGN

Annnnywaaays, I just got done playing Luigi's Mansion's SkyScraper Multiplayer for two hours straight going through 25 floors. It's... Addictive. Very boring in concept, but very fun in action. There were a few points where I noticed some lag, but for the most part it worked out perfectly. And you know what that means?

METROID PRIME HUNTERS 2 GIVE IT TO ME NOW NINTENDO.

Please? ;-;

Starboard Driger said:
Amphy, that was sarcasm.

Teeboy23 said:

Only two at Target? And only four at Toys R Us? whaaaaaat.

How did you know how many they got?

Because they told me.

pokemaister899 said:
Hey, did anyone else get Miyamoto in their Streetpass plaza?(because I did)
I got Seth. Seth is also in my Pokédex 3D Pro Genesect Swapnote. I also got a Miyamoto Luigi's Mansion Swapnote.

Limited edition overkill, Nintendo.

Scumbag Nintendo, only allows 2 people at a given store to get limited edition handheld.

So I was thinking of buying Ocarina of Time. But I've never played Zelda before. Is it worth the money and can I enojoy it even without having played the older games?

Ocarina of Time is (still) hailed as one of the best games ever made. It's definitely one of the best in the Zelda franchise. It actually plays a key point in the Zelda timeline, but the games are only very, very loosely connected in terms of continuity with other games. Don't worry about something like that. As a standalone game, it's pretty solid. For someone who's never played Zelda, you'll probably get more mileage out of it since you won't be going on auto-pilot through each dungeon.

You unlock Master Quest after beating the main story (basically, Ocarina of Time: Hard Mode), which is cool if you're looking for a challenge.

All in all, I would say buy it. Even though I'd already played it for the 64 (I actually bought it solely for Master Quest, which I never got to play), it's fun to see the bright, colorful visuals in 3D and the music is as memorable as ever.

ChillBill said:
So I was thinking of buying Ocarina of Time. But I've never played Zelda before. Is it worth the money and can I enojoy it even without having played the older games?
Huh, you haven't played it before and you are still asking if you should get it? Go buy it right now! ;D

Back