(2) New Evolutions, XY Anime [9/19]

Running is active by default from the start of the game. B now has you walk.

Rollerblades are obtained by talking to NPCs, probably in a manner like the Hoenn games.

That is all.

I love Aurorus to the moon and back, but really? Those sails look like crap to me. IDK if it's the shade of the colors or how it doesn't look like it's a part of the pokemon at all, but it doesn't look nearly as good in gameplay as it does in the drawing. There at least needs to be some blending of the colors in the middle, not a sudden transition. The rest of it is great though.

Nintendo World Report* :p

Front page said:
Serena – She loves fashion and met Ash when they were kids.

Of course.

Also, Tyrantrum kinda looks like Mega Man's Saurian Form from Star Force 2:

59371020070724_000708_15_big.jpg

Did we know before now that Mewtwo Y's type changes when it Mega Evolves? (The Eurogamer article more or less states it.) I know people assumed it probably did (likely to Fairy), but I don't think it had been confirmed before now.

I read the reasons Running wasn't from the start up until this point is because walking to begin with made running much more appreciated, and in this case running from the start will pale in comparison to skating.

These updates are awesome!! More variety in encounters, more distinct shinies, the new evos, the anime, etc!

Serena loves fashion?! Red flag! She's an undercover Team Flare agent.

Hmm... The Polygon article also intrigues me... "X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles." All Pokemon... Does that include legendaries? Does that include EVENT legendaries?

RiverShock said:
Hmm... The Polygon article also intrigues me... "X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles." All Pokemon... Does that include legendaries? Does that include EVENT legendaries?

I don't think it was meant to be taken literally, it might mean that there is just a large selection of Pokemon from every generation. I dont really see them putting every single Pokemon into one game.

I don't know... I get the feeling they may have meant it. Perhaps not with legendary Pokemon, but I get the feeling they really did mean all regular Pokemon, especially based on their other comments about varying the wild Pokemon and the fact it's mildly implied they always intended the Kanto starters to be obtainable in some fashion.

Zielo said:
Gyah look at that scene at :43 in the video. Ash looks so much older! Please let this be true and not just part of the new design. Even if it is just design... this is definitely one of his better ones in my opinion (Sinnoh.... bleh.)

I could see him getting Froakie, definitely. At first I thought it would be Chespin, but Froakie does seem pretty fitting.

I really don't see any difference from this Nurse Joy to the Unova one, but I'm okay with that. I really like this Officer Jenny though, much, much MUCH better than Unova Jenny....

I hope Team Rocket will be more like how they were in the Unova series, they actually had something going for them. The bumbling buffoons act got tiring after 659 episodes.

Overall the anime trailer looks... pretty good. I'm excited to see what the XY anime will have in store for us. I already like his traveling companions so far, which is something I don't think I've ever said for any past gens... Bonnie just looks adorable and I think her motive of finding a wife for her (what, 10 year old brother?) is funny and would serve for some great awkward comedy. Kind of like a reverse Brock scenario. Serena's flashback of Ash looked EXTREMELY wistful... could she have some sort of crush on him? I usually hate it when they pair Ash with any of his new female companions, it just feels like they keep trying to fill the role of Misty (which I know they really are) but maybe if they play it out right I could get used to this... especially since they were apparently childhood friends, that always makes for good romance. Overall, I am optimistic about this new anime and I'm hoping for a change for the better from the previous ones.

Also, the clips of the starters were absolutely adorable. :p
I think Ash looks older too. Them trailer was pretty cool, with him falling off a building twice. The style of animation seems a lot better compared to previous seasons, and I hope they keep up that style. The first twenty episodes of Best Wishes were great too, but then the story degraded. Hopefully Team Rocket remains serious. Maybe that Garchomp was from Team Flare and Rocket will have an ulterior purpose earlier on. Seeing Giovanni makes me eager.

I know I might be disappointed again, but I'm excited for this season. Black and White was all about restarting the series. No new Pokémon and few references. X and Y seem to celebrate the past and the present. Serena is incredibly interesting because she knew Ash. Going through this backstory may have a lot of quality references to the past seasons too. In that way it'll be like diamond and pearl.

Again I'm too eager to acknowledge Ash is older.

Yes I'm sure it does. They don't say you can catch them all in the wild, but you'll be able to transfer old event legendaries to this game so it counts as being in the game. [/quote]

...I really don't think that's what they meant by that statement, given it's incredibly obvious. They wouldn't big note the fact it has the largest selection if it was just that...

RiverShock said:
...I really don't think that's what they meant by that statement, given it's incredibly obvious. They wouldn't big note the fact it has the largest selection if it was just that...

From reading the article, it sounds like a hyperbole and leads in to mega evolutions. I think it just means those Pokémon can exist in x and y, some only through transfer

It's nice to see more fossils that are dinosaurs. I love me some dinos. :3
Both evos are very lovely, making it hard to choose. I'll probably get tyrant, though.

I wonder if Aurorus will be a viable option to stall Dragon-type Pokemon if given appropriate defenses.

Wailady said:
I wonder if Aurorus will be a viable option to stall Dragon-type Pokemon if given appropriate defenses.

Most dragons run a fire type move so it would have a hard time dealing with them

Back