(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Gordon

Aspiring Trainer
King Shuckle said:
I very rarely ever post on here, but this must be said. You guys seriously need to read what WPM is saying, and not only read it, but understand it. From what I got from the recent bit of news is that Patrice and Sycamore are two separate professors who provide you with different Pokemon. It's spelled out loud and clear to me, at least. Whether it not the two professors are related or work together is anyone's guess.

Also, call me crazy, but this is WPM's site, and it's his prerogative to change his mind if he wants. Based on the behavior in this thread, the question is whether or not you all deserve more info. Again, WPM can do whatever he wants. Stop foaming at the mouth and take a breather, guys.

Your right, it is his site, its his information too, but at least say something. I think that's what's confusing people. People got really excited when his information came true, and he said he had more and that he would release it. If he has decided to change his mind, that's fine, just let everyone know.

orkoni1

Aspiring Trainer
If that Spanish site info is true, I'm really not liking the idea of So many pseudo-legendaries, I mean how many is too many? I hope it's mostly made up and Pokebeach will release the true leaks slowly over time.

Latios101

Aspiring Trainer
Pancham said:
Latios101 said:
I never cared, I don't even like Pokémon. I just come on here because I have no friends.

BEAT THAT

LOL WUT!!?
I'm clearly stating that for only the majority of people who wouldn't have minded being minorly spoiled, not those who don't want it. And you clearly knew that's what I meant. Like the previous guy said, stop the arguments :cool:

Haha sorry man, you just bite too easily. Truce.

HawkityHawk

The Almighty Hawk
Nightingirle said:
As I already said yesterday, I think the big mistake that was made here is telling us that there is more information. It was not a good move to do so, and it makes people feel cheated of it and denied something wpm could easily give them.(as in 'it would be easy to post this shit', not necessarily easy from the moral kind of view)
It seemed unfair to say, 'hey I have this huge bunch of super interesting, amazing news, but you know what, I'm not gonna tell you haha.' (I know wpm didn't mean(or say) it that way(obviously I'm totally over stretching it), but this whole thing s a not well thought through mess and it places him in a powerful position)
I feel like there was no reason to tell us he knows something if there's no way for us to find out that information, I mean why the duck tell us and raise some people's hopes to share it with them, even saying you will do it if x happens(I know he didn't say it in the 'if x append, I'll do y' - way, but come on, it was greatly implied), it just feels bad and unfair and annoying. He should have thought it through better and only should have said he has more information if he was actually going to tell us.
But whatever, that's how it is now and we should make the best out of it, also I am NOT hating on him, I would not like to be in his place and we all know everyone makes mistakes and that's ok. I want him to feel good about whatever he decides to do and not being guilt tripped into anything(not that I think that would happen to him/he would let this happen).

I'm glad wpm is the one who knows this stuff, though, since he didn't just post it to get Internet fame or sth or spoil it for the people that don't want to see it. I'm sure he will make the right decision about it and I don't think it would be fair to attack him for whatever he decides to do. This is not a war and whatever he does some people will be unhappy about it, that's just life.
We should thank him for being reasonable and accept whatever he wants to do.

I mean, come on guys, I have to admit, when I saw the English names confirmed I too was super excited to come here and see the rest of his Information, because I thought he meant he'd post it if they are confirmed. And I also felt kind of let down and disappointed and betrayed when it got clear he wouldn't do it. I really looked forward to that and I know there can be some strong feels involved, even about such a silly thing, but that is not a reason to hate on anyone and I'm sure we will all survive, even if not everyone can get what they wanted.
After all, there are all those super exciting news lately to discuss :)

So thats just my opinion, I'm not saying it's perfect or right or anything, just what I think ;)

You deserve a trophy my good sir

felichar

Pokemon Guru
if wpm wont release the info right now, why would he tell that he had info, knowing that this would happen? im starting to doubt wpm real intentions, this was a move to increase the forum and site movemet

Alella85

Aspiring Trainer
orkoni1 said:
If that Spanish site info is true, I'm really not liking the idea of So many pseudo-legendaries, I mean how many is too many? I hope it's mostly made up and Pokebeach will release the true leaks slowly over time.
WPM has said it isn't ;) Don't break your head with that

ghosties

Aspiring Trainer
honestly, i'd only be interested in new features/new pokemon attacks/new pokemon. if it's anything related to the story, i say keep that away from the general public as it will spread like wild fire and there goes all the fun of experiencing the game itself for the first time.

but i also think it'd be a good idea to wait until fairy type is confirmed, that way all this information seems ridiculously more credible than it is at the moment. as great as him getting the names right is, and as much as that makes it a tad more credible, being right about fairy type and it's immunity to dragon would push everything into "practically confirmed" territory.

it's more fun to know something is going to happen rather than having that doubt in the back of your mind. if he starts posting all his info and it's all that we ever wanted, then it turns out "whoops most of it was wrong", then we're all going to be a lot more disappointed than if we wait a bit for more conformation. either way, a little bit of info at a time is the way to go. maybe post something else before the next Smash, see what happens from there.

NorthBlue

Sailor
felichar said:
if wpm wont release the info right now, why would he tell that he had info, knowing that this would happen? im starting to doubt wpm real intentions, this was a move to increase the forum and site movemet

I'm not mad at him but I completely agree with you on the part that saying he has a bunch of info seemed kind of pointless if we weren't going to be told the details. At least it's hyping up this forum.

DorianBlack

Tropius Rider
Christ. You guys know this site isn't his job, right? I don't think it makes him any money at all even. It's obviously something he loves doing, but it's not something he can pay attention to every second of the day just because you think you're so special and deserve that your every question be answered.

Honestly, if I were him, you guys wouldn't be getting a shred of new information for a long time after this kind of behavior. Unfreakingbelievable.

felichar

Pokemon Guru
wpm should come here to tell us what he's going to do, and if he is going to reveal, when is going to happen and that would really calm things around here

hever

Aspiring Trainer
felichar said:
wpm should come here to tell us what he's going to do, and if he is going to reveal, when is going to happen and that would really calm things around here

Does it even matter? That's his right to reveal or not reveal. Leave Britney alone!

ghosties

Aspiring Trainer
DorianBlack said:
Christ. You guys know this site isn't his job, right? I don't think it makes him any money at all even. It's obviously something he loves doing, but it's not something he can pay attention to every second of the day just because you think you're so special and deserve that your every question be answered.

Honestly, if I were him, you guys wouldn't be getting a shred of new information for a long time after this kind of behavior. Unfreakingbelievable.
he gets ad revenue from the front page ads, but thats probably it. dunno how much that is really bringing in and i imagine he also has a job. it makes sense why he's cautious about all this - if i were in his shoes i wouldn't really be sure what to do with the information he's got either. everyone wants different things and it's hard to please everybody.

Nightingirle

Aspiring Trainer
felichar said:

I just think he didn't really think that through.
I feel like when a friend asks me out for a huge bowl of ice cream the next day. Of course I say yes, because going out with a friend is fun, I love ice cream and its a hot day, he's so enthusiastic and really makes me want to go.
But then, later, I realize I'm on a diet and shouldn't be eating ice cream, I hardly have enough money to afford normal food and actually tomorrow is my mothers birthday, so I don't have any time.
So what do I do? Dissappoint a dear friend or myself and my mom, I don't know, but I'm stuck in that silly situation anyway.

I just think he's trying to do the right thing, just there s no right thing only two very sucky wrongs.

Ps: I'm not really on a diet, so if anyone wants to I invite me for I e cream, go ahead ;)

NorthBlue

Sailor
It's all speculation and rumors and people claiming to know the right info. Just because some of his insiders information came out to be true does not mean it's all true. This shouldn't be as big a deal as it is as it isn't anything official from gf themselves.
Regardless, I would really like to see a Fairy type added to the game!! Though the dual types scare me a bit.

Ninjaofdeath

Aspiring Trainer
Well this is a disappointment. After hearing the English names were correct I was so excited to come back and hear about the news but now you're refusing to share it all? :/

Pomchu190

Aspiring Trainer
NorthBlue said:
felichar said:

I'm not mad at him but I completely agree with you on the part that saying he has a bunch of info seemed kind of pointless if we weren't going to be told the details. At least it's hyping up this forum.

I am in complete acordance with the both of you as well. Why was it necessary to provide false hope in so many people if he already knew that he would most likely not be pulling through? I hope we get some of this information soon. I would hate to feel cheated on.

Ninjaofdeath said:
Well this is a disappointment. After hearing the English names were correct I was so excited to come back and hear about the news but now you're refusing to share it all? :/

This really has made me quite disappointed as well.

Reggie McGigas

-
Water Pokémon Master said:
ALRIGHT SO YOU GUYS DID ACTUALLY GET SOME REAL NEWS OUT OF THIS. A POKEBEACH FORUM EXCLUSIVE I GUESS!

You get a Kanto Starter from a professor named Sycamore.

Now freak out.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Thanks WPM. Hopefully anyone who was whining about spoilers will be quiet.

WPM, you are under alot of pressure right now, so I'm going to thank you for all you've done to help broadcast Pokemon news and the Gen 6. Rumors. Oddly, I'm satisfyed with what we have now, and I really don't feel that we need any more leaking for a while now. Once again, thanks for helping out the Pokemon Community.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Water Pokémon Master said:
ALRIGHT SO YOU GUYS DID ACTUALLY GET SOME REAL NEWS OUT OF THIS. A POKEBEACH FORUM EXCLUSIVE I GUESS!

You get a Kanto Starter from a professor named Sycamore.

Now freak out.

Awesome! That's awesome news! I know I'll be taking Squritle then.

Cody Gordon

Aspiring Trainer
DorianBlack said:

I don't think anyone is screaming for him to answer right this instant. I think we're all just waiting for some kind of statement. I'm know he has a passion for pokemon news, and I'm sure he's a great guy. Its just some statements he made on the front page news he needs to straighten up in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.