(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SomeRandom/vp/oreon said:
Yo, some random /vp/oreon here.

WPM, you seem to get mixed opinions on your actions. Some people thought you only wanted to cover Mage and got it wrong, while other think you're stupid for getting into their original plan (Tai and Mage) and that you made everything break up. I honestly don't know what to say, as the whole situation is a bit confusing.

2VXyQ.png

That's one of the comments that interested me... Why did you draw attention to Tai? Wasn't that against what Mage wanted to do? It would be interesting to see your view of the events.

This is gonna be even better than Wottergate.

You obviously have not read my post. I suggest you do. Also, I'm not really getting "mixed opinions" as you claim - most people that I've seen who understand the situation understand what went down and what I had to do. Your specific argument was even argued about on 4chan for like 100 posts. It seemed people who were NOT there kept bringing up your argument while people who WERE actually there fully understand my position.

I'll present the argument again: Tai went on to Gamefaqs pretending to be my source and going into other threads alluding to the real source's identity. This is fact. That's NOT how you protect your friend. He should not have said or done anything, as people would be able to link Mage to him (and did) because they're from the same forum.

Then he went on to 4chan and did the exact same thing. Everyone believed he was the real source and that Mage was too - there was a HUGE thread about it. This is fact. Then I came into that huge thread and tore him down in front of everyone to protect the source. I didn't "draw more attention" to them - the situation was already heated, everyone believed they were the real deal, and I dismissed them as fakes and took the attention away from them (and as I said in my post, this was part of their "secret" plan - they wanted to use my ignorance of their plan to make the bashing seem more real). This is fact. It went from: these guys are the real deal -> these guys have nothing to do with the leaks. Had I NOT been there people would have still believed they were the real deal and looked further into their backgrounds. That is just plain obvious. The point of all of this is, Tai should not have posted anywhere, PERIOD. He butt into the entire situation and created so much unnecessary attention. He never had to do ANYTHING, period.

So then after I discredited them, Tai STILL kept going around mentioning himself and Mage indirectly and people found out about Mage and posted the URL to his forum and links to his posts. This is fact. Then Mage's actual info, like his real name and email, were posted on 4chan - everything about him. This is fact.

To bury the threads that were talking about him, I jumped into someone's hate thread about me, stirred the pot, and then everyone was quickly focusing on bashing me and creating hate threads about me. Tai and Mage were forgotten again and no one brought them up for several days. I'm sure this still would have still been the case, but Mage was definitely screwed from the beginning since he went around posting his information on several forums and did nothing to protect his identity. If you're going to leak information, you don't go around posting it on various forums under your username that people can easily link to your real identity.So that's what went down. Even after all of this both of them are STILL talking about it in public. It actually makes me question if something else is going on here, but then again, Mage did get the names of the four Pokemon correct, so whatever I guess.

Thief said:
Giratina210 said:
Yveltal doesn't look like that much of a fighting type to me

No you're not the only one.

And I don't think it looks fighting either. I did I say I didn't like it, but dark/flying seems to be the only reasonable choices.

You guys remember some rumours initially stating that Yveltal would be a new sound type right?
I'm so glad that's not true.

Sound-Type would never make any sense. xD I don't want Yveltal to be Dark/Flying but it probably will be. Poison would be nice. Maybe even Poison/Dragon with Levitate? That would be awesome...

Giratina210 said:
AdamLambert said:
Am I the only one who's noticed that this thread has veered away from what it's supposed to be about? It's not about bashing WPM for what information we haven't gotten. It's about speculating on the information we have gotten. So, back on topic. I'd be mildly disappointed if Yveltal was a Dark/Flying type because 1. Flying is the most commonly paired type with Dark as of now, and 2. Seeing as Fighting/Flying hasn't been done yet, and Yveltal looks very aggressive, it would make it more interesting.

I agree, it doesn't really give that fighting-vibe, normally fighting-type pokemon have arms and legs and stuff.
My bet for the types would be:
Xerneas: fairy, grass, water, I'd go for fairy as most likely, my favorite would be only fairy as well
Yveltal: dark, flying, poison, here I'd say dark flying looks most likely, my favorite would be any combination with poison
One or two of those types for each.

Nightingirle said:
Giratina210 said:

I agree, it doesn't really give that fighting-vibe, normally fighting-type pokemon have arms and legs and stuff.
Xerneas: fairy, grass, water, I'd go for fairy as most likely, my favorite would be only fairy as well
Yveltal: dark, flying, poison, here I'd say dark flying looks most likely, my favorite would be any combination with poison
I actually would really like Dark/Poison and he could have Levitate

Giratina210 said:
Nightingirle said:
I actually would really like Dark/Poison and he could have Levitate

That would be interesting as it would have no weaknesses and two immunities!

EDIT: Apart from Fairy...

If it really could be good vs evil then maybe they would be balanced.

Fairy/grass - dark/flying.

Then they would have balance, as should good and evil.

Water Pokémon Master said:
SomeRandom/vp/oreon said:
Yo, some random /vp/oreon here.

WPM, you seem to get mixed opinions on your actions. Some people thought you only wanted to cover Mage and got it wrong, while other think you're stupid for getting into their original plan (Tai and Mage) and that you made everything break up. I honestly don't know what to say, as the whole situation is a bit confusing.

2VXyQ.png

That's one of the comments that interested me... Why did you draw attention to Tai? Wasn't that against what Mage wanted to do? It would be interesting to see your view of the events.

This is gonna be even better than Wottergate.

You obviously have not read my post. I suggest you do. Also, I'm not really getting "mixed opinions" as you claim - most people that I've seen who understand the situation understand what went down and what I had to do. Your specific argument was even argued about on 4chan for like 100 posts. It seemed people who were NOT there kept bringing up your argument while people who WERE actually there fully understand my position.

I'll present the argument again: Tai went on to Gamefaqs pretending to be my source and going into other threads alluding to the real source's identity. This is fact. That's NOT how you protect your friend. He should not have said or done anything, as people would be able to link Mage to him (and did) because they're from the same forum.

Then he went on to 4chan and did the exact same thing. Everyone believed he was the real source and that Mage was too - there was a HUGE thread about it. This is fact. Then I came into that huge thread and tore him down in front of everyone to protect the source. I didn't "draw more attention" to them - the situation was already heated, everyone believed they were the real deal, and I dismissed them as fakes and took the attention away from them (and as I said in my post, this was part of their "secret" plan - they wanted to use my ignorance of their plan to make the bashing seem more real). This is fact. It went from: these guys are the real deal -> these guys have nothing to do with the leaks. Had I NOT been there people would have still believed they were the real deal and looked further into their backgrounds. That is just plain obvious. The point of all of this is, Tai should not have posted anywhere, PERIOD. He butt into the entire situation and created so much unnecessary attention. He never had to do ANYTHING, period.

So then after I discredited them, Tai STILL kept going around mentioning himself and Mage indirectly and people found out about Mage and posted the URL to his forum and links to his posts. This is fact. Then Mage's actual info, like his real name and email, were posted on 4chan - everything about him. This is fact.

To bury the threads that were talking about him, I jumped into someone's hate thread about me, stirred the pot, and then everyone was quickly focusing on bashing me and creating hate threads about me. Tai and Mage were forgotten again and no one brought them up for several days. I'm sure this still would have still been the case, but Mage was definitely screwed from the beginning since he went around posting his information on several forums and did nothing to protect his identity. If you're going to leak information, you don't go around posting it on various forums under your username that people can easily link to your real identity.So that's what went down. Even after all of this both of them are STILL talking about it in public. It actually makes me question if something else is going on here, but then again, Mage did get the names of the four Pokemon correct, so whatever I guess.

Some clarification, thanks, WPM.

Water Pokémon Master said:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-yo-wpm-riding-info?pid=2435042#pid2435042

Thank you, WPM. I'm sorry we weren't really helping the situation. But I really appreciate you letting us know what happened.

Locking this thread. Please continue your discussions in the X/Y forum and in the latest news thread. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back