(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
KNEW IT

I had a hunch that Sylveon was a new type, but Mewtwo sealed the deal for me. My reasoning was that Mewtwo could not possibly fight off 5 legendaries that it is weak too and thus, it must gain a new type that is resistant to Bug or otherwise strong against Bug. However, it doesnt seem like Fairy has anything to do with Bug... Either way though, Mewtwo really convinced me!

Also he has a second form! Maybe there will be a second new type that confirms my theory....

I dunno, it's just too close to fan speculation. Something tells me that this is not real. Call me crazy, but, I dunno, I feel like this is just too close for comfort.

Also, good detective work on the starter types everyone! I wasnt really convinced about that one. lol

Well, I don't mind the fairy type (even though a light type would be more important imo), the only thing I'm sceptical about is the dual typed moves, they sound too overpowered

Every time it seems to be more possible the news. I like them so I'll be really excited if they are true.

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokemon.Immunity to Dragon will help balance the chart as the only Pokemon that stop them are Steel which generally have a Fire or Ground move. It also helps Poison if Fairy succeeds in being a nice battling type (I would be surprised if it doesn't with Dragon being in a disadvantage by them).
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).And there goes the reason why Sylveon's type was so hyped. Mawile getting reclassified into Fairy wasn't something I was expecting though.
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.I didn't like the first one much but it started to grow on me. I don't like it over Mewtwo (original) but I don't dislike it as much as I did.
The professor's English name is Patrice.No tree name (the same as getting it called simply X and Y even excluding the "version" part of the name).
The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark. A trio which the one that has the upper hands gets it double. I wanted Fennekin to be Fire/FightingPsychic because it would look cool.
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.I didn't expect them to make the new type the second gym. I know most people wanted there to say DARK somewhere
A few attacks will be dual-typed. Ludicolo uses a Water/Grass move against Rhydon. Ouch! Is a nice gimmick but I will like to know how are they going to deal with this/these situation(s).
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in. Really cool gimmick (Flygon is going to win all the time even if one of its best attacks is EQ). IDK if they're trying to get Earthquake out of the way in case you get to battle with one of these.
You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.This is something I wanted. It will become much easier to keep track of the EV's

My opinions in bold. I like (most) of them. Also I believe that what was thought was Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting so all would have an edge over the other not each having a double edge against the one they were weak to.

Thanks WPM for posting this information! Even if it is possibly untrue, I generally am even more excited for the games now after the news lull and the few bones Corocoro threw at us this month.

Fairy type sounds like, if it is distributed correctly, a nice balance to the type chart.

The starters confirmed types are what I suspected and hoped for- Chespin being part fighting is awesome news to me!

EVs being displayed in game is something we needed for a long time, and I really hope this turns out to be true.

I dont think I like the idea of "Dual typed" attacks. Unless they are exclusive to Pokemon that ONLY have those 2 specific types.

Ever since I heard about the Fairy type I believed it would be the counterpart of the ghost type (good spirit/bad spirit) but, boosting poison is good.If only it did the same to grass...

I can see The starter Final Evos being those types

Still a little skeptical about the new Type (although it'd be cool to have a dragon immunity)

Praying for the EV facility

the rest...we'll have to wait to see

Fairy-type: I'm inclined to believe this stuff based on this- it would explain why they didn't reveal Sylveon's type right away- they weren't ready to reveal the new type just yet. Also, I'd love this to be true so there's finally something else weak to Poison.

Mewtwo's two formes: Meh.

Professor Patrice: At the risk of sounding ignorant, what's the arboreal basis for this one?

Starters' final evolution types: Oh, lord, I hope so! I've had it with Fire/Fighting starters, Fennekin's screamed Fire/Psychic to me since I saw it use that Psychic move in the trailer, and I can totally see Chespin as a Grass/Fighting-type.

First, second, and fourth Gym types: Meh. I'd care more if one of them was a Poison Gym, to be honest. Or a Dark Gym- Fairy's getting its own Gym in its debut generation, while Dark's been around for over a decade and still has no Gyms to its name?

Dual-type attacks: That could be interesting. I could see the elemental punches getting retconned into part Fighting or something...

New battle style for Flying-types and stuff with Levitate: This has my attention, mainly because my favorite Pokémon (Weezing) would be eligible.

Able to see EVs: FINALLY! Now what we really need is a more precise IV checker. None of this "it can't be better in that regard" Tauros s***- numbers, actual numbers!

evilpacman said:
KNEW IT

I had a hunch that Sylveon was a new type, but Mewtwo sealed the deal for me. My reasoning was that Mewtwo could not possibly fight off 5 legendaries that it is weak too and thus, it must gain a new type that is resistant to Bug or otherwise strong against Bug. However, it doesnt seem like Fairy has anything to do with Bug... Either way though, Mewtwo really convinced me!

Also he has a second form! Maybe there will be a second new type that confirms my theory....

Like, Like.... A reversal Mewtwo?

Some of it seems questionable (dual-type moves, the starter types, no tree name for the Professor), but other things seem too out of left field to be fake, like the midair battles. Time will tell, I suppose.

No to dual-typed moves please. Is the Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark thing a typo? All speculation I heard was that Chespin would be Grass/Dark and Froakie would be Water/Fighting...

The concept of the new type bugs me. The reason we saw new types in Gen 2 after all is because Psychic was way overpowered at the time, so new types were introduced to balance gameplay (Metal was resistant to Psychic, and Dark was super effective against it). So bringing in a new type would mean that they're either doing it to balance something, or just as a publicity stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back