(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missingno. Master said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Seems legit except fairy type. Here is why

1. No reason for it
2. Besides Clefairy, Celebi, and Sylveon, no one else should have it
3. Strong against dragons, now that's pushing it.
1: I'd say there's a pretty damn good reason for it. Poison and Steel need a bit of an offensive boost, and Dragon needs to be taken down a notch.
2: I dunno, I can kinda see the logic in making Mawile Steel/Fairy, for starters.
3: Why? That type needs to be taken down a notch. It's only got two weaknesses so far- itself and Ice. Dragon-types are generally thought of as some of the most powerful Pokémon in existence, and with stuff like Dragonite, Garchomp, Haxorus, Salamence, and Hydreigon, not that hard to see why. And that's just the non-legendary examples!

Well, there arn't any powerful pokemon (sylveon excluded as we do not know it's moveset/stats) that can actually take advantage of the fairy type if they had it.

Reggie McGigas said:
Missingno. Master said:
1: I'd say there's a pretty damn good reason for it. Poison and Steel need a bit of an offensive boost, and Dragon needs to be taken down a notch.
2: I dunno, I can kinda see the logic in making Mawile Steel/Fairy, for starters.
3: Why? That type needs to be taken down a notch. It's only got two weaknesses so far- itself and Ice. Dragon-types are generally thought of as some of the most powerful Pokémon in existence, and with stuff like Dragonite, Garchomp, Haxorus, Salamence, and Hydreigon, not that hard to see why. And that's just the non-legendary examples!

Well, there arn't any powerful pokemon (sylveon excluded as we do not know it's moveset/stats) that can actually take advantage of the fairy type if they had it.
Xerneas. Hiro had said it was Fairy type as well.

I am just happy that they let you make the playable character's skin a little darker; thank you. It's a step. I just wish i could change the colors of the male characters clothes form blue and red to green and yellow. Other than that, i have absolutely no complaints about the game at all. The Pokemon look pretty decent and graphics are lovely and quite endearing. I'm most excited about the professor, the gym leaders and of course the RIVAL!!

I think everyone should keep in mind that when Dark and Steel type were introduced, there were not that many Pokemon that were either type. Granted, there were not many Pokemon at the time in general. Magnemite/ton were the only 1st Gen Pokemon that got a new type and neither were very strong. We need to think that they will probably have new Pokemon that are Fairy type that will be very strong. I think its a poor argument to think the type makes no sense to be added. Clearly its good for balancing the type chart.

Also, off the top of my head Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Togepi, Togetic and Togekiss might all get the the Fairy type treatment. Mewtwo and Mawile are sorta confirmed (by the source at least) so thats a total of 8 possible Fairy types from the old generation. Dont know why, but I can see Miensho and Mienfu (sp?) being Fairy also.

Fairy type seems justified to me. They said Pokemon was evolving with this generation and they are certainly delivering.

Missingno. Master said:
Reggie McGigas said:

1. No reason for it
Also dragon types can learn tons of powerful other type attacks (Surf, Thunder, Flamethrower, Fly)

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Reggie McGigas said:

who said xerenas was powerful?

Hegafire0 said:
Crazuu said:
Celebi is already double type..

Change Psychic to Fairy. Done.

I don't think they would change the typing on a Pokemon as important as celebi. However, I think fairy type would definitely stretch beyond the obvious clefa(airy/able), sylveon, and apparently mawile.

Reggie McGigas said:

1. No reason for it
Pokemon in Numerical order that could be Fairy type/part fairy type:

Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Mr. Mime, Sentret, Furret, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Togetic, Snubbull, Granbull (who is already classified as the Fairy Pokemon), Blissey, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Azurill, Skitty, Delcatty, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda (possibly), Mime Jr., Happiny, Togekiss, Audino, Minccino, Cinccino, Sylveon.

Reggie McGigas said:
TheAmazingDerpfish said:

who said xerenas was powerful?

Considering the fact that it's a star legendary, it would be very strange if it wasn't very powerful.

Alix Rooker said:
Reggie McGigas said:

1. No reason for it

Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Mr. Mime, Sentret, Furret, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Togetic, Snubbull, Granbull (who is already classified as the Fairy Pokemon), Blissey, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Azurill, Skitty, Delcatty, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda (possibly), Mime Jr., Happiny, Togekiss, Audino, Minccino, Cinccino, Sylveon.

I can't see the Mr.Mime or Whismer lines. as a fairy type.

Reggie McGigas said:
Missingno. Master said:

If Togekiss is Fairy, I don't want it to rip half of my UU team (that speed, that SpA, that Air Slash and with a possibly nice new Fairy type move).

I wonder if they'll give Flareon Flare Blitz at last.

evilpacman said:
I think everyone should keep in mind that when Dark and Steel type were introduced, there were not that many Pokemon that were either type. Granted, there were not many Pokemon at the time in general. Magnemite/ton were the only 1st Gen Pokemon that got a new type and neither were very strong. We need to think that they will probably have new Pokemon that are Fairy type that will be very strong. I think its a poor argument to think the type makes no sense to be added. Clearly its good for balancing the type chart.

Also, off the top of my head Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Togepi, Togetic and Togekiss might all get the the Fairy type treatment. Mewtwo and Mawile are sorta confirmed (by the source at least) so thats a total of 8 possible Fairy types from the old generation. Dont know why, but I can see Miensho and Mienfu (sp?) being Fairy also.

Fairy type seems justified to me. They said Pokemon was evolving with this generation and they are certainly delivering.

I agree 100%! :)

It would likely be in at least the OU tier competitively, given that it's a mascot legendary.

If the rumor is right, we'll just have to wait and see for what GF "defines" Fairy types as! It's probably like Dark types in that its traits aren't the "obvious" definition of the type like how Dark refers more to dirty fighting than to demonic evil things.

Reggie McGigas said:
Alix Rooker said:

Why not?

Reggie McGigas said:
Alix Rooker said:

I can definitely see whismur and mr.mime as fairy types and all those that you mentioned were right on target.

Alix Rooker said:
Reggie McGigas said:

1. No reason for it

Why Skitty, Delcatty, Sentret, Furret, Cinccino, and Minccino? They do not seem like faeries to me.Especially not the last two.

Update (4:30 PM) - Pokemon Smash just aired and confirmed that Sylveon is not Fighting, Steel, or Poison-typed. Shokotan, the voice actress of Sylveon, performed several tests dressed up as Sylveon and failed each of the tests that dealt with those types.

Was that all? If so, that confirms precisely nothing. :c

Alix Rooker said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Why not?

Mr mime is a mime
Exploud is a living boom box

mimes and living boom boxes are not faries. Nuff said

Hear me out, I just don't want a fairy type and we don't need one..

I just wish we can get evil gym leaders like in the Pokemon manga! All these gym leaders who absolutely love pokemon is getting kind of stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back