(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the Fairy type. Not just because it's way too late for a new type now, but also because such a type just doesn't fit. The Pokemon world isn't some mystical fairyland or something! I really hope they at least call it "Light" instead, but even then I'm against.

My thoughts on the starter types:

Fennekin: expected Dark/Fire (Fennec Fox being a nocturnal fox AKA a night fox), but Dark/Psychic was also within my expectations (either my 2nd or my 3d expectation. I couldn't decide between Mono-Fire, and Fire/Psychic). I'm slightly disappointed (I really like the Dark/Fire type, aesthetically), but Fire/Psychic is my 2nd prefered type, so all in all it's still a great result I can be pleased with.

Chespin: expected Grass/Ground (it has feet that look like mole claws, and its color scheme would allow it to dig in the ground like an Oddish with only its head popping out, being camouflaged as a fallen chestnut, which would fit its name. Heck, it could even dig by spinning, further fitting its name!), but its developed feet also made it seem like someone who kicks, so although I didn't expect Grass/Fighting, I can definitely see it. It sounds like an interesting type to me, so I like it.

Froakie: I didn't have much of an expectation, but Water/Dark is probably the last type I would've thought of! I just can't see that. I really like the type combination (we really need a better Water/Dark than Sharpedo), but I wish it was reserved for some other water creature than a frog.

Alix Rooker said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Seems legit except fairy type. Here is why

1. No reason for it
2. Besides Clefairy, Celebi, and Sylveon, no one else should have it
3. Strong against dragons, now that's pushing it.
Pokemon in Numerical order that could be Fairy type/part fairy type:

Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Mr. Mime, Sentret, Furret, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Togetic, Snubbull, Granbull (who is already classified as the Fairy Pokemon), Blissey, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Azurill, Skitty, Delcatty, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda (possibly), Mime Jr., Happiny, Togekiss, Audino, Minccino, Cinccino, Sylveon.

Crossed the ones I believe that won't be Fairies.

Reggie McGigas said:
Alix Rooker said:

Mr mime is a mime
Exploud is a living boom box

mimes and living boom boxes are not faries. Nuff said

Hear me out, I just don't want a fairy type and we don't need one..

But why don't you want a new type? There are great reasons for it.

I can definitely see the Whismer line and the Mime line as faeries. Think of it like this: Faeries are magical and have magical properties. They are usually associated with small, cheery, characteristics. Among the general magical abilities faeries have, nature related abilities are common. Whismer looks like a faerie and has power over sound. The Mimes are humanoid (a faerie characteristic) and have magical abilities. They remind me of faeries.

vinnie22 said:
I just wish we can get evil gym leaders like in the Pokemon manga! All these gym leaders who absolutely love pokemon is getting kind of stale

And a Gary or Paul type rival would be really refreshing right now. I guess a silver type rival would be good again too. Just no more Barrys or hughs. And i hated the personality of the rivals from ruby/sapphire. A rival with convictions and attitude with a bit of a mean streak or a tendency to over react.

Also another thing we should consider... it is entirely possible that "Fairy" type is the Japanese type name. The English name might turn out to be something such as..... "Light" type! Or something different that wouldnt limit just fairy-like Pokemon to adapt this new type.

As far as the Pokemon world not being a mystical fairyland.... really? I think it fits just as well as Dragon or Ghost or Psychic. Its a fictional world riddled with mythical creatures based on legend and real world organisms alike. It makes sense to me.

Mewtwo's forms being activated by items...an item you use outside of battle, or a held item? If it's hold items, then at least the original Mewtwo will still be superior based on the versatility of what he can do with his hold spot.

TrainerSivan said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Mr mime is a mime
Exploud is a living boom box

mimes and living boom boxes are not faries. Nuff said

Hear me out, I just don't want a fairy type and we don't need one..

But why don't you want a new type?
There are great reasons for it.

See GamerXYZ's comment

Also Sylveon doesn't seem fairyish. Unless they change the name (which they never do) then Sylveon is most likely not fairy.

Reggie McGigas said:
TrainerSivan said:

See GamerXYZ's comment

Also Sylveon doesn't seem fairyish. Unless they change the name (which they never do) then Sylveon is most likely not fairy.

How on earth could Sylveon possibly be more fairy-like than it is?
Including its names, which involve fairies in all languages.

Also, if Fairy is useless, then so are Bug, Dragon and Ghost.

WPM, first off kudos for putting it out there. It must have taken guts. If you believe something has a chance of being real, I don't see any reason to hide it from the fans.
Second, what do you make of Sylveon-Nakagawa's effectiveness against Ice?
Originally we posted on PokéJungle that they confirmed she wasn't Fighting, Ice or Poison, but this was a mistake on my part due to how jumpy Keyhole TV was when it aired. When I watched the recorded HQ version I discovered that they were checking if she was effective against Ice, and not whether she herself was Ice as I had previously thought due to the bad quality stream.
I'm quite a firm believer in the Fairy Type rumours, but this new evidence contradicts your source does it not?
What do you make of it?
It may be that Sylveon-Nakagawa doesn't have to reflect the type of an actual Sylveon...yet somehow I doubt that is the case...

-Kriff

Just hear me out

Sylveon is not a fairy type and there really doesn't need to be a fairy type. GAMEFREAK is just trolling us

Just my 2 cents.

kriffix said:
WPM, first off kudos for putting it out there. It must have taken guts. If you believe something has a chance of being real, I don't see any reason to hide it from the fans.
Second, what do you make of Sylveon-Nakagawa's effectiveness against Ice?
Originally we posted on PokéJungle that they confirmed she wasn't Fighting, Ice or Poison, but this was a mistake on my part due to how jumpy Keyhole TV was when it aired. When I watched the recorded HQ version I discovered that they were checking if she was effective against Ice, and not whether she herself was Ice as I had previously thought due to the bad quality stream.
I'm quite a firm believer in the Fairy Type rumours, but this new evidence contradicts your source does it not?
What do you make of it?
It may be that Sylveon-Nakagawa doesn't have to reflect the type of an actual Sylveon...yet somehow I doubt that is the case...

-Kriff
The source directly stated that Sylveon is not strong against Ice, so I'm not sure. Pokemon Smash did confirm the Poison weakness though. The video I saw was too laggy so I'm not sure what the other tests were.

Reggie McGigas said:
TrainerSivan said:

See GamerXYZ's comment

Because you just don't like it? That's not really a good reason.

Why would they have to change the name? Sylveon comes from the word Sylph, which is a wind faerie. All the alternate names of Sylveon have to do with faeries as well, making it strange if these references meant.... nothing.

To be honest, my gut instinct tells me your source is the real deal. We've heard the occasional "inside rumour" too, nowhere near as detailed as what you have, but nothing seems to clash with what you have posted today nonetheless.
Now it's just the Ice thing from smash that is getting in the way...
It'll be interesting to see how things unfold.
-Kriff

Wait, what is this Smash thing? Did it show that it is strong against Ice or something? And what about Poison? Can someone fill me in? lol

The source may have had information that was changed last minute, too. Remember how sometimes Pokemon aesthetics are shown in commercials to be different than actual release aesthetics? Such as with Excadrill being purple in the trailer but dark brown in the release. Perhaps they changed it for the typing? I mean, if that is the ONLY difference it is possible.

I am mostly taking it in as a speculative source, rather than a source with real inside information.

For some reason I don't want the Dragon immunity. Another Dragon resistance is fine, but Dragons are supposed to be powerful, and I don't like the idea of something being immune to them. I don't mind the new type though.

For obvious reasons, I hope the Clefairy line becomes part Fairy. xD

kriffix said:
To be honest, my gut instinct tells me your source is the real deal. We've heard the occasional "inside rumour" too, nowhere near as detailed as what you have, but nothing seems to clash with what you have posted today nonetheless.
Now it's just the Ice thing from smash that is getting in the way...
It'll be interesting to see how things unfold.
-Kriff

Gin says that they didn't say Sylveon was weak to Ice, just that she was strong in the test against it (maybe just normal effectiveness?). It's really hard to know what Smash is actually doing until we get more data, perhaps next week. If she coughed during the Poison test, the only type weak to Poison is Grass, and Leafeon took that type, so we could also say Sylveon doesn't fit any known type.

I think the immunity to dragon makes sense. Think: Dragon is one of the types that really doesn't fit in. It isn't elemental its...mythical. Another mythical type to counteract dragon, such as faerie, would make sense. You could see it as dragon types and faerie types being rivals or competitors, both mythical tyes and all.

vinnie22 said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Alix Rooker said:
Pokemon in Numerical order that could be Fairy type/part fairy type:

Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Mr. Mime, Sentret, Furret, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Togetic, Snubbull, Granbull (who is already classified as the Fairy Pokemon), Blissey, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Azurill, Skitty, Delcatty, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda (possibly), Mime Jr., Happiny, Togekiss, Audino, Minccino, Cinccino, Sylveon.

I can't see the Mr.Mime or Whismer lines. as a fairy type.

I can definitely see whismur and mr.mime as fairy types and all those that you mentioned were right on target.
Yeah. Apparently there are only three tho, one of which is a legendary, according the all knowing RegiMcGigas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back