(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, EVs are being recognized by the game as a very real and important element. Maybe battling will become more of the focus than the story in these games.

Polaris said:
Finally, EVs are being recognized by the game as a very real and important element. Maybe battling will become more of the focus than the story in these games.
Essentially, battling is the focus of all Pokemon games.
You have to battle to train your Pokemon to become stronger to advance farther in the games.

Ya know, a obscure GameFAQs user also posted this 10 days ago...
Please oh please let the dual typing moves be wrong. It'd be ridiculously overpowered if one Pokémon could hit another for x16 regular damage.
Sky battles reminds me of that one part where Ash and Paul in the Sinnoh region anime entered an aerial tournament.

GamerXYZ said:
Kevin Garrett said:
I like how people are complaining that Fairy is an unnecessary type. Apparently they have not played since Gen 3 to see how centralizing Dragons have become.

What they instead should've done, was grant Dragon 1 or 2 more weaknesses, and grant 1 or 2 types a Dragon resistance or even immunity. It wouldn't be the first time they granted new weaknesses and resistances!

For instance, Ice getting a Dragon resistance would make sense. The Dragon, being weak to the cold, slows down its attack, lessening the impact. That of course doesn't count for attacks like Dragon Pulse, but since Dragons are weak to ice, I can see their Pulses and such also being weak (as such: they lose power, hitting with less damage, much like how fire can't burn water, at most it can cause the water to turn into steam).

I can also see Dragons being weak to Rock. Almost all final stages can fly/float, after all. And as for the rest, LOTS of weaknesses/resistances don't make sense when looking at individual cases (for instance, why would Dragons be resistant to Grass/Fire/Water/Electric in the first place?).

Ehh, it's a matter of preference, I suppose. I kind of like the proposition of a new type instead of just changing the dynamics. It's the same thing they did from gen 1 to gen 2. In Gen 1, Psychic was extremely overpowered, so they introduced Dark and Steel. I really like the concept of a new type because of the way it would shake up competitive play as well as the fact that you don't have to re-learn the type chart for in game. Especially when you switch back and forth between generations.

In Japan, Dark types are often seen as "evil type". The new Fairy type could easily be seen as "good". Meaning that the pokemon don't need to look like tinkerbell to fit in. I can definitely see a lot of old Normal types becoming Fairy type. Togepi and company just makes sense. Pretty much, Fairy Type = Light Type just with a different name. I'm not exactly understanding the people saying that Dragon type should be more powerful... no. Types should be balanced as closely as possible.

This Fairy type is total bullcrap. Okay, so they're giving it immunity to Dragon, why? It's also super effective against it, why? Why do we even need it? Psychic/Flying pretty much makes a Fairy, Normal/Flying could too. There's no need for this, plus, Dragon's not really the Uber type, that's Steel (even then not 'Uber'). Dragons only have powerful Pokemon, not really moves, just Pokemon.
I don't like any of this, not even the Aerial Battle thing, it just kinda makes it look like GF has favorites (Shuddup about Pikachu)

I welcome the new Fairy type, if it is proven as true. It ties in the the mythology of the whole dragons, fairy's etc, and fits with the Yggdrasil tree in the sense of magic and life and all that. At least Light type hasn't come about, that would be terrible. It is just.. bad.

Another weakness for Dragon's is something I welcome.

Lemonguy said:
I welcome the new Fairy type, if it is proven as true. It ties in the the mythology of the whole dragons, fairy's etc, and fits with the Yggdrasil tree in the sense of magic and life and all that. At least Light type hasn't come about, that would be terrible. It is just.. bad.

Another weakness for Dragon's is something I welcome.
Yggdrasil was actually what I thought of when I first saw Xerneas and Yveltal in the forest and sky, respectively.
If so, that means that they are likely to have 3-4 disciples, so to speak.

Ugh, so much whining.

It occurs to me that as much of an upheaval as dual-type moves could be, there's a good chance there won't be many of them. I can see making a fre signature moves dual-type to ease into it, but probably not a ton of them.

Honestly all complaints about any of this infomation besides 16X damage from dual moves are all silly, its not rocket science. The game needs balancing and Faries fit into the lore because there is obviously fairyish pokemon, I mean gosh we have Pokemon gods, Pokemon from space, pokemon that use to be human, and pokemon that used to be inanimate objects, It like there's a forsworn secret code that forbids GF from making anything that's not what people are expecting. I for one welcome our new fairy overlords. Also, everything else is good, but I didnt know until maybe 3 months ago that all proffesors were named after a tree, so if they changed that now I would be kind of pissed, I know it goes against by what I said earlier but Patrice isn't even a cool name. There are a lot of sexy tree names out there ready for the taking. however unlike some people, Im not going to forsake GF as if they killed my childhood everytime they did something I didn't like, which is rare, but still.

The only thing I don't like here is dual-typed attacks, it would just make thing more confusing imo.(which I will eventually like, knowing me with new pokemon info I heard that I don't like)

Something that no one has pointed out is that Sableye (and Spiritomb) will be weak to Fairy. I wouldn't be surprised if Togekiss gets to OU.

Most of this sounds cool and would be nice if it were real, but I thought the rumor was that Chespin evolved into a Grass/Dark, and Froakie evolved into a Water/Fighting. That said Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark. That makes less sense to me as Froakie would have two strengths against Fennekin. Am I missing something. Also, dual-type moves could be interesting but may complicate things a bit. Hard to tell...

AdamLambert said:
Most of this sounds cool and would be nice if it were real, but I thought the rumor was that Chespin evolved into a Grass/Dark, and Froakie evolved into a Water/Fighting. That said Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark. That makes less sense to me as Froakie would have two strengths against Fennekin. Am I missing something. Also, dual-type moves could be interesting but may complicate things a bit. Hard to tell...

Froakie gets 2 against Fennekin
Fenneking gets 2 against Vhespin
Chespin gets 2 against Froakie.

If Sylveon is Fairy wouldn't it be super effective against Ice? Sylveon did break the ice.
Fairy would create Balance as much as Imbalance. I also think its maybe too late in the game to add a new type.
I would love to see the Air Battle style happen

The Fairy type sounds believable. It would be an interesting approach to shaking up the metagame.

That rumor list lost me on some of its other items though. I don't think Game Freak would go for dual-type attacks. I don't think they would bother re-typing Mawile, a pokemon overlooked by everyone except lifers like myself. And TWO new forms of Mewtwo? I have my doubts

Pardon me if this has been brought up, but there's one piece of news that just alludes me:

Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

This seems unlikely to me. I mean, think about it: if we were going to get another Mewtwo forme, wouldn't it most likely appear in the movie? We haven't gotten any hints that there's going to be yet another Mewtwo forme, so, in reality, the next time they can reveal something is ~June 15th with the next CoroCoro...and that seems...last minute and out of place to me.

I hope I'm wrong though. A Fairy type seems like a practical enough edition, unlike the proposed Light type, which would overlap too much with Psychic type...

EDIT: I should've refreshed first; ninja'd. 8D

Okay, very interesting stuff, and believable too.

My opinions (assuming this is all true):

.Fairy type: I'm not against a new type at all, specially this one. Like someone said, it's pretty much the light-type ideia with a different name and slightly different concept... The type match-up kinda makes sense. BUT... Why do they want to nerf the dragons so much? It's like they really want to punish them... Like, if it was just the weakness to Fairy, but making the type imune to Dragon attacks is a bit too much for my taste... Hydreigon is pretty much screwed (though now it will have a double weakness like the other dragon pseudo-legendaries)...

.Sylveon's type: Well, if the Fairy type is real, then it's obvious Sylveon is Fairy-type. It fits perfectly. And I don't mind them changing older pokémon's types at all if they make sense (Clefable line, Togekiss line, etc.)

.Mewtwo new formes: That's curious... There was an image a while ago, which many probably remember, that showed two Mewtwo formes, one said to be the X forme, the other was the Y forme. The picture was then said to be fake, but could that be the basis for the formes? One related to X, the other to Y? Though, if it's true, it's weird they only introduced one of those formes in the movie... I don't think they still have much left to reveal for the movie...

.Don't really care about the Professor...

.Starter types: I think people were actually predicting: Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting instead of the latter two switched but ok...

.Nothing suspicious about the gyms...

.Dual-type attacks: Another interesting thing because I've wondered for some time about the possibility of dual-type moves... Like someone mentioned, things like the elemental punches being part-Fighting... That would make something like Infernape do a ton of damage with Fire Punch, due to the dual STAB... specially against something like a pure Steel-type which is weak to both... or like, another person said, a Water/Grass move used by Ludicolo on a Rock/Ground pokémon would be devastating...

.Not interested in the rest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back