(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pancham said:
Ysmir said:
Exactly! 5 month's time it won't matter so bug off already about it. Actually, it's at everyone who over the past 2-3 days has just kept on this site just to hate on the fact WPM won't release the info he has. Cause I have been reading over the topic (not replying until today) and I am seriously shaking my head at people's attitudes.

Alright calm down, no need to tell me to bug off because I won't LOL. Nobody here is hating bro, they are questioning and are not wrong in doing so. Like me today, everyone else will stop caring eventually.
Also you may continue to shake your head until it falls off for your beloved WPM.

You're right it's OK to ask questions. Please don't patronize me with that " your beloved WPM" crap. Simple thing is y'all are being rude about your question asking and demanding answers when it suits you which isn't a proper way to talk to people.

I think we should all speculate and (if we want) politely ask for more info in our posts.

There's no need for arguments over who can ask what and when. Let's discuss and throw stuff out there in a civil way, and keep on topic.

Pancham said:
Like me today, everyone else will stop caring eventually.

I never cared, I don't even like Pokémon. I just come on here because I have no friends.

BEAT THAT

Latios101 said:
Pancham said:
Like me today, everyone else will stop caring eventually.

I never cared, I don't even like Pokémon. I just come on here because I have no friends.

BEAT THAT

LOL WUT!!?
I'm clearly stating that for only the majority of people who wouldn't have minded being minorly spoiled, not those who don't want it. And you clearly knew that's what I meant. Like the previous guy said, stop the arguments :cool:

Water Pokémon Master said:
OMG how many times do I have to paste this.

I already discussed this on my forums and on Gamefaqs the other day, but I'll put it here too. Back in the first week of February when the source e-mailed me, I told him I wasn't going to post his information until some of it could be verified (hence this past Saturday). Because I refused to post any of it, he immediately decided to post some of the info on a couple of forums. People like Tai probably just saw his information and decided to go around posting it as a "prediction" in case it turned out to be right. If you noticed, Tai never went around claiming to be the source or knowing that the information was real until this past Saturday (he even posted the source's original info in a prediction thread on Gamefaqs). If you questioned Tai or anyone else right now, you would find out they know nothing else new. So the only thing Tai is good at is trolling. Oh and, let's not forget I've been talking to the source every single day since Saturday now. Hence the English Pokemon names. ;)

Additionally, the real source's posts were deleted a long time ago, so anything those guys have or anyone else are just copies or copies of copies of the source's original posts. As for MageLeif, he and Tai are both from the exact same forum. I don't know the first guy since he isn't trolling like Tai has been, but I'd imagine they both saw the information when it was originally posted or a copy of it. My source is neither one of them. It's making me very frustrated that people are giving them all this attention since at least Tai is going around trying to trick people on every forum. They know nothing beyond what I've posted and are only pretending to be insiders since, you know, it's Pokemon.

ALSO, yes, you will be able to get a Kanto Starter in the game. That was on the original source's list that he released. Like I said in MY post, I only posted a sampling of what the source had given me, and most of that from his February information. But I've gotten many e-mails since then, including that the professor who gives you the starters is named Sycamore. You won't find that online anywhere, and no one who copied the source's original information will know it either because they are not in contact with him.

Um thank you. You seem a little irate.

On a more "on topic" note, so Sycamore" is the tree name this generation.

Ysmir said:
Pancham said:
Alright calm down, no need to tell me to bug off because I won't LOL. Nobody here is hating bro, they are questioning and are not wrong in doing so. Like me today, everyone else will stop caring eventually.
Also you may continue to shake your head until it falls off for your beloved WPM.

You're right it's OK to ask questions. Please don't patronize me with that " your beloved WPM" crap. Simple thing is y'all are being rude about your question asking and demanding answers when it suits you which isn't a proper way to talk to people.

I'm confused, is it O.K. to ask questions or is it rude? WPM has an account he can post stuff with, if he thinks were being rude, I'm sure he will say something. Then we will listen. I'm not sure if your meaning to be hostile, but you are coming off that way.

I wonder why we we will be receiving Kanto starters as well? Due to the fact that I only like Charmeleon and Wartortle, I doubt I'll be using the Kanto starters anyway.

jdivinity said:
I wonder why we we will be receiving Kanto starters as well? Due to the fact that I only like Charmeleon and Wartortle, I doubt I'll be using the Kanto starters anyway.

I assume because it's been a few games since they were last available.

ps: Really like your avatar, did you draw it?

Okay well WPM said the tid bit news about getting a Kanto starter was a PB exclusive, but look what I found... It's a post from February too..

1368641413479_zps0e34fc8e.png~original

oakbark said:
Fair enough. For nostalgia reasons, it would've been nice to get the starter from the 'tree' professor.

Though, come to think of it, Bianca filled that role in BW2. Perhaps Patrice is an aide?

That actually makes a lot of sense, now that you mention it.

Only two other comments on the last however many pages: A) man, am I glad I slept in today. B) Geez, really? No one realized those Spanish rumors were full of baloney when they said the Mawile evo was based on Hatsune freakin' Miku?

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0-2lzA7_Cg[/video]

Kanto starters are cool, but all i really want is the game to be hard. Like colloseum, or something.

Water Pokémon Master said:
ALRIGHT SO YOU GUYS DID ACTUALLY GET SOME REAL NEWS OUT OF THIS. A POKEBEACH FORUM EXCLUSIVE I GUESS!

You get a Kanto Starter from a professor named Sycamore.

Now freak out.
noesfake.jpg

hever said:
Okay well WPM said the tid bit news about getting a Kanto starter was a PokéBeach exclusive, but look what I found... It's a post from February too..

1368641413479_zps0e34fc8e.png~original

WPM already replied to that:
Why is it so hard for people to read? I have to keep saying it until I'm blue in the face.

MY SOURCE POSTED HIS FEBRUARY INFORMATION ON A FEW FORUMS AFTER I REFUSED TO POST THE INFO ON MY WEBSITE. OTHER PEOPLE, SUCH AS THE GUYS YOU PEOPLE KEEP SCREENSHOTTING, OBVIOUSLY SAW THE INFORMATION ON THOSE FORUMS AND WENT AROUND POSTING IT TOO. THEY ARE NOT THE SOURCE AND ARE NOT IN CONTACT WITH HIM - ONLY I AM ACTIVELY TALKING TO HIM. HENCE THE ENGLISH POKEMON NAMES THE OTHER DAY, WHICH THOSE GUYS, WHO ONLY SAW HIS INFORMATION BACK IN FEBRUARY, DO NOT KNOW BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN CONTACT WITH HIM. THOSE GUYS (AT LEAST TAI) ARE ALSO GOING AROUND PRETENDING TO KNOW STUFF AND SPREADING FALSE RUMORS, WHICH IS MAKING ME ANGRY, AND PROVES EVEN FURTHER THAT THEY KNOW NOTHING.

Any more people with stupid questions will be shot on sight.

This is exactly what I wanted,small pieces of information.I was hoping for a small box where blaine's quiz used to be with a small bit of news every day.

for example:
Thursday 16th:You can get the kanto starters
Friday 17th:There is a professor named Sycamore

That way everybody will be happy.People who want the information will get it ,in small chuncks so we can do some discussing on it.And maybe with the addition of a disable button people won't get spoiled if the don't want to.

Cody Gordon said:
jdivinity said:

I assume because it's been a few games since they were last available.

ps: Really like your avatar, did you draw it?

Likely so. Still, I wonder if the whole Kanto starter thing will tie into the story and whatnot. I just hope its not just some spontaneous thing like, "Hey, I have Kanto starters, have one!"

Thanks, I didn't draw it, but here's the source for it. http://koolaid-girl.deviantart.com/art/Rawr-284849276

I personally think it's a weird idea to give you another starter early in the game. I feel like I won't get as attached as I should to this generation's starter or that the party space should be used by one of the new Pokemon. Though of course the option to just keep it in the PC until the end of time is there.

I very rarely ever post on here, but this must be said. You guys seriously need to read what WPM is saying, and not only read it, but understand it. From what I got from the recent bit of news is that Patrice and Sycamore are two separate professors who provide you with different Pokemon. It's spelled out loud and clear to me, at least. Whether it not the two professors are related or work together is anyone's guess.

Also, call me crazy, but this is WPM's site, and it's his prerogative to change his mind if he wants. Based on the behavior in this thread, the question is whether or not you all deserve more info. Again, WPM can do whatever he wants. Stop foaming at the mouth and take a breather, guys.

As I already said yesterday, I think the big mistake that was made here is telling us that there is more information. It was not a good move to do so, and it makes people feel cheated of it and denied something wpm could easily give them.(as in 'it would be easy to post this shit', not necessarily easy from the moral kind of view)
It seemed unfair to say, 'hey I have this huge bunch of super interesting, amazing news, but you know what, I'm not gonna tell you haha.' (I know wpm didn't mean(or say) it that way(obviously I'm totally over stretching it), but this whole thing s a not well thought through mess and it places him in a powerful position)
I feel like there was no reason to tell us he knows something if there's no way for us to find out that information, I mean why the duck tell us and raise some people's hopes to share it with them, even saying you will do it if x happens(I know he didn't say it in the 'if x append, I'll do y' - way, but come on, it was greatly implied), it just feels bad and unfair and annoying. He should have thought it through better and only should have said he has more information if he was actually going to tell us.
But whatever, that's how it is now and we should make the best out of it, also I am NOT hating on him, I would not like to be in his place and we all know everyone makes mistakes and that's ok. I want him to feel good about whatever he decides to do and not being guilt tripped into anything(not that I think that would happen to him/he would let this happen).

I'm glad wpm is the one who knows this stuff, though, since he didn't just post it to get Internet fame or sth or spoil it for the people that don't want to see it. I'm sure he will make the right decision about it and I don't think it would be fair to attack him for whatever he decides to do. This is not a war and whatever he does some people will be unhappy about it, that's just life.
We should thank him for being reasonable and accept whatever he wants to do.

I mean, come on guys, I have to admit, when I saw the English names confirmed I too was super excited to come here and see the rest of his Information, because I thought he meant he'd post it if they are confirmed. And I also felt kind of let down and disappointed and betrayed when it got clear he wouldn't do it. I really looked forward to that and I know there can be some strong feels involved, even about such a silly thing, but that is not a reason to hate on anyone and I'm sure we will all survive, even if not everyone can get what they wanted.
After all, there are all those super exciting news lately to discuss :)

So thats just my opinion, I'm not saying it's perfect or right or anything, just what I think ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back