(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiKi

Team Harmony
TrainerSivan said:
Alix Rooker said:
Pokemon in Numerical order that could be Fairy type/part fairy type:

Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Mr. Mime, Sentret, Furret, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Togetic, Snubbull, Granbull (who is already classified as the Fairy Pokemon), Blissey, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Azurill, Skitty, Delcatty, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda (possibly), Mime Jr., Happiny, Togekiss, Audino, Minccino, Cinccino, Sylveon.

Why Skitty, Delcatty, Sentret, Furret, Cinccino, and Minccino? They do not seem like faeries to me.Especially not the last two.
Seriously? It should be obvious.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Hiro's been accurate in the past--remember when he leaked the English names of all the Gen IV Pokemon and described certain Gen V Pokemon, both occasions on GameFaqs?

I'd honestly be surprised if this WASN'T legit information.

KiKi

Team Harmony
Reggie McGigas said:
Alix Rooker said:

Mr mime is a mime
Exploud is a living boom box

mimes and living boom boxes are not faries. Nuff said

Hear me out, I just don't want a fairy type and we don't need one..
If it would be beneficial to help balance out Poison and Dragon types, then I don't see why we couldn't make use to one.

Worst case scenario for you is that Fairy type is real, and that you'll just have to find a way to cope and adjust. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for you to make use of Fairy types.

GamerXYZ

Aspiring Trainer
Mitja said:
Reggie McGigas said:
See GamerXYZ's comment

Also Sylveon doesn't seem fairyish. Unless they change the name (which they never do) then Sylveon is most likely not fairy.

How on earth could Sylveon possibly be more fairy-like than it is?
Including its names, which involve fairies in all languages.

Also, if Fairy is useless, then so are Bug, Dragon and Ghost.

The difference is:

Pokemon are basically a collection of all non-human living forms of the Pokemon world (including the dead that came back to live as ghosts, and also common themes like radioactive sludge coming to live, but also apparantly... radioactive ice-creams and garbage bags??? But those last 2 things are not the topic now). Bug and Ghost fill that perfectly.

Dragons are the exception of course, but the intention of that type is clear: to create one special type that stands on the top of the pyramid (so to speak). This special type must of course be something mythical. And what better than dragons? Those fit everywhere (unlike fairies), provided they're used in moderation (which they are). A real shame they ditched the mythical-part since gen 3 though (I do agree those dragons don't fit in)...

Master of the Six Kings

I IZ GENIUS!
People are taking the idea of a "fairy" typing too literally. Are all grass Pokemon plants? Does Altaria scream Dragon type? Heck, look at how much they did with Ghost. They can do atleast that much with Fairies. Trolls, Goblins and the like could also fall under the category based on what lore you base them around, They can call the typing Light, Fairy or whatever they want, it's meant to represent the same element. A way to flesh out the current pool of Normal Pokemon, that increases offesnive Poison/Steel moves and reduces Dragon's effectiveness is literally EXACTLY what we need. Now if we get a new Fairy meant to counter Rain, Pokemon will be balanced again,

Anyway, i'd really want to see the rest of the info you have WPM. If its fake, you can't say you didn't warn people. But at least it's something to talk about while we wait for official news :D

TrainerSivan

Aspiring Trainer
Alix Rooker said:
TrainerSivan said:
Why Skitty, Delcatty, Sentret, Furret, Cinccino, and Minccino? They do not seem like faeries to me.Especially not the last two.
Seriously? It should be obvious.

Well, it isn't to me. No need to be rude.

The Skitty family are cats. Aside from a few traits, I cannot see anything faerie like about them. Their movepools general have normal type attributes but perhaps I am not seeing something?

Sentret's line are furry animals. Unless you consider the magical version of the tanooki, I don't see a faerie type connection.

And the Cinccino family...I really don't see it. I don't see how they would be anything but chinchillas. They are in my top favorite Pokemon list and I wouldn't mind them fitting into a new type but I just don't see how that would be possible.

kriffix

I pick up the pieces
@WPM
Yes, it certainly doesn't fit any existing type, so something big is in the works.

I didn't mean to say she was weak against ice, if that is how I came across, but rather that she was strong against it, as Gin said.
IIRC I'm not allowed to link to it directly, so I'll just say we've got the vid up, so please feel free to use as reference. After she breaks the ice they actually say "氷に強い", and on this basis check if she is steel.
It could simply be that Shokotan wanted to chop some Ice, and that was the reason for their choice in using it, but at the same time that'd be way too misleading. No matter how trolly they are, I don't think they'd word it the way they did just for that one episode, never to reflected by anything else again.

-Kriff

ronin256

Aspiring Trainer
@ wpm and kriffix
could it have possibly meant she was resistant to Ice? Because the post didn't say anything about resistances, just that the Fairy Type was immune to Dragon.

kriffix

I pick up the pieces
ronin256 said:
@ wpm and kriffix
could it have possibly meant she was resistant to Ice, because the post didn't say anything about resistances
@Ronin256
Admittedly it is possible that they were stretching the concept of effectiveness a little, I'd like to think they wouldn't be so misleading though. After all, she was attacking things to see how strong she was against it. All I know is that they said "Since she's strong against Ice, maybe she's Steel" (which of course they disproved after with poison).

ronin256

Aspiring Trainer
kriffix said:
ronin256 said:
@ wpm and kriffix
could it have possibly meant she was resistant to Ice, because the post didn't say anything about resistances
@Ronin256
Admittedly it is possible that they were stretching the concept of effectiveness a little, I'd like to think they wouldn't be so misleading though. All I know is that they said "Since she's strong against Ice, maybe she's Steel" (which of course they disproved after).

Well, The only Non-misleading way I can think of to show resistance to ice would be to put her in a freezer or something, which probably would have taken a lot longer.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Advanced Member
I like how people are complaining that Fairy is an unnecessary type. Apparently they have not played since Gen 3 to see how centralizing Dragons have become.

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
By any chance was the guy giving the information going off of memory? Maybe he forgot about Ice or something. Or else it might have changed since he gave the information.

kriffix

I pick up the pieces
Kevin Garrett said:
I like how people are complaining that Fairy is an unnecessary type. Apparently they have not played since Gen 3 to see how centralizing Dragons have become.

Or even, for example,why baby Pokémon exist at all. I don't think GF take much notice to what we deem as necessary, which IMO is good. It keeps it fresh and unpredictable.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Added more about the Fairy type that I accidentally missed copying and pasting in before.

Annihilator27

Aspiring Trainer
Master of the Six Kings said:
People are taking the idea of a "fairy" typing too literally. Are all grass Pokemon plants? Does Altaria scream Dragon type? Heck, look at how much they did with Ghost. They can do atleast that much with Fairies. Trolls, Goblins and the like could also fall under the category based on what lore you base them around, They can call the typing Light, Fairy or whatever they want, it's meant to represent the same element. A way to flesh out the current pool of Normal Pokemon, that increases offesnive Poison/Steel moves and reduces Dragon's effectiveness is literally EXACTLY what we need. Now if we get a new Fairy meant to counter Rain, Pokemon will be balanced again,

Anyway, i'd really want to see the rest of the info you have WPM. If its fake, you can't say you didn't warn people. But at least it's something to talk about while we wait for official news :D

This is true,There are plenty more examples that don't fit in Pokémon.Not that im complaining myself.

KiKi

Team Harmony
kriffix said:
Kevin Garrett said:

Or even, for example,why baby Pokémon exist at all. I don't think GF take much notice to what we deem as necessary, which IMO is good. It keeps it fresh and unpredictable.
Seven kids of THIS!!^.

GF doesn't really care what we as the consumer deems "necessary". If they did, they would have a poll, or a way to contact them, and suggest ideas that we want to see in the games.
They're simply trying to come up with new ways to refresh the Pokemon franchise, and they are certainly doing a good job of it after the train wreck of last generation.

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist

Aspiring Trainer
If the Clefairy and Snubbull Family are getting Retyped with Fairy since they are classified as the Fairy Pokémon (that's if the rumors are true). Then I will go on to say that I want Horsea and Seadra to get retyped too with Dragon as a Secondary Typing since they are classified as the Dragon Pokémon.

KiKi

Team Harmony
Water Pokémon Master said:
Added more about the Fairy type that I accidentally missed copying and pasting in before.
Will you send me a PM with the rest of the information that said insider sent you please?
You've peaked my curiosity, and, even if it's still up in the air for the most part, I think it would be a very interesting read.

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
If the Clefairy and Snubbull Family are getting Retyped with Fairy since they are classified as the Fairy Pokémon (that's if the rumors are true). Then I will go on to say that I want Horsea and Seadra to get retyped too with Dragon as a Secondary Typing since they are classified as the Dragon Pokémon.
Kingdra, they're final evolution, is a dragon type Pokemon.

TheKeaton

Aspiring Trainer
Water Pokémon Master said:

Hey WPM, I just joined the forums because of this news story, and I was wondering if you'd let us know any of the other info this source gave you. Not posting it on Pokebeach as news, I just mean post it here on this forum, where we all understand it may or may not be fake.

GamerXYZ

Aspiring Trainer
Kevin Garrett said:

What they instead should've done, was grant Dragon 1 or 2 more weaknesses, and grant 1 or 2 types a Dragon resistance or even immunity. It wouldn't be the first time they granted new weaknesses and resistances!

For instance, Ice getting a Dragon resistance would make sense. The Dragon, being weak to the cold, slows down its attack, lessening the impact. That of course doesn't count for attacks like Dragon Pulse, but since Dragons are weak to ice, I can see their Pulses and such also being weak (as such: they lose power, hitting with less damage, much like how fire can't burn water, at most it can cause the water to turn into steam).

I can also see Dragons being weak to Rock. Almost all final stages can fly/float, after all. And as for the rest, LOTS of weaknesses/resistances don't make sense when looking at individual cases (for instance, why would Dragons be resistant to Grass/Fire/Water/Electric in the first place?).

Status
Not open for further replies.