Pokemon Your Very First Shiny? What Did You Think, And How Did You React?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Your very first shiny!

I think my first true shiny Pokémon ever (not counting the shiny Gyarados in the Lake of Rage) was a shiny Magby I hatched from the Odd Egg you get from the Day-Care man in Crystal version. I knew there was a good chance of it being shiny, but looking it up now there's only a 14% chance of the baby Pokémon inside being shiny, so I guess I lucked out a little bit.

In Generation 3 I believe my first shiny Pokémon was a Tentacool in Sapphire version. That Sapphire version is where I found many other shiny Pokémon as well (I don't recall the exact number, but it's above 4), including another shiny Tentacool. In Generation 4 I think my first shiny was a Geodude, though I can't recall. In Generation 5 my first shiny Pokémon was, oddly enough, also my first ever non-Event shiny Legendary Pokémon: Landorus. And just last night I caught my second shiny Pokémon of Generation 5: Absol (with a 31 IV in Attack). Overall, my luck with shiny Pokémon has fluctuated between games: low in the 2nd Generation, very high in the 3rd, medium in the 4th, and now low/medium in the 5th.

Shiny Swinub on my Silver, nine years ago. It was blue, had no idea why it was differently-colored, so I looked it up.

And flipped out.

Then my sister deleted that file. I haven't found a Shiny since.

Tentacool in Gold, Zubat in Diamond and Rattata in HeartGold. Amazing selection of the rarest and most powerful Pokemon around.

Okay. So it's 7 in the morning here and I haven't slept. I decide to SR for a Timid Mew, which I still haven't picked up. I find one, and can't determine it's IV's at Lv. 5, so I go and train it up a bit. I randomly fly over to Cinnabar Island and start fishin'. Two minutes into looking for a Shelder, a shiny female Chinchou pops up (my second HG shiny, but what the heck). My jaw just drops. No, really, that was my reaction. I stuff one of my four a Master Balls down its throat, and it's got a Timid Nature. Not bad. Not bad at all.

This happened like thirty seconds ago. Since I reflexively saved after I caught it, so I guess I'm stuck with this Mew, whether I like it or not. But, it's IV's are great, so it looks like I completely won here.

I won't sleep :]

My first shiny was a ratatta in firered. I didn't know it was rare and thought it was a glitched lol, closed before saving lol.
My second shiny was a chansey in diamond. By Diamond, I learned it was valuable Lol, so that was saved.
In soulsilver...err...Shiny Gyrados :p

BunnyBuner said:
My first shiny was a ratatta in firered. I didn't know it was rare and thought it was a glitched lol, closed before saving lol.
My second shiny was a chansey in diamond. By Diamond, I learned it was valuable Lol, so that was saved.
In soulsilver...err...Shiny Gyrados :p
I know when you first start you have no idea right like that poor kid who thinks pikachu is the rarest pokemon.

Xous said:
I think my first true shiny Pokémon ever (not counting the shiny Gyarados in the Lake of Rage) was a shiny Magby I hatched from the Odd Egg you get from the Day-Care man in Crystal version. I knew there was a good chance of it being shiny, but looking it up now there's only a 14% chance of the baby Pokémon inside being shiny, so I guess I lucked out a little bit.

In Generation 3 I believe my first shiny Pokémon was a Tentacool in Sapphire version. That Sapphire version is where I found many other shiny Pokémon as well (I don't recall the exact number, but it's above 4), including another shiny Tentacool. In Generation 4 I think my first shiny was a Geodude, though I can't recall. In Generation 5 my first shiny Pokémon was, oddly enough, also my first ever non-Event shiny Legendary Pokémon: Landorus. And just last night I caught my second shiny Pokémon of Generation 5: Absol (with a 31 IV in Attack). Overall, my luck with shiny Pokémon has fluctuated between games: low in the 2nd Generation, very high in the 3rd, medium in the 4th, and now low/medium in the 5th.

Wow lucky I have had pretty bad luck so far most of my shinys have been trades in GTS or pokebeach I have only found two my entire pokemon gaming career a nincada and a golbat I still have my golbat now a bubblegum pink crobat.

The first shiny I bumped into was an Onix in Victory Road. This was like the 4th time going through LG so I hadn't yet fully utilized different kinds of Poke-balls. Nor did I realise how important it is to stock up. Got it down to low HP, through a Pokeball and then it broke out, the sad thing is I had to press that A button, I didn't save in a while. I've never even hurt a shiny since.

After a few more dozen playthrough's on LG I found myself on One Island rushing through to get Moltres when all of sudden, to the right of a rock smash block, a shiny Ponyta. Swapped to Jolteon, thunderwave and this time I was well stocked with 45 Ultra Balls. Threw them around like trash in a dump and on the 3rd, it finally gave up. So my first legit caught shiny was a Sapphire Blue Ponyta which I then evolved into a Silver Racer and brought with me through the Elite four of LG, SS and Black. Then I lost my White cartridge and then everything, including the shiny was lost.

I had a few trade shinies after that, some with Pokerus, but they probably weren't legit and now they are gone anyways. I had a shiny Zorua, Zoroark, Tauros, Emboar, Event Porygon-Z and Ho-oh.

Also shiny Shuckles. Shiny shuckles everywhere.

I traded a level 100 Drapion for a level 100 Blastoise (shiny) with PkRuS a while back. I was so happy...
EDIT: In GTS, my bad.

Pokemon Ruby - Shiny Zigzagoon
Pokemon Emerald - Shiny Rhyhorn (it fled :O)
Pokemon Diamond - Shiny Graveler (it selfdestructed D:)
Pokemon Heartgold - Shiny Rayquaza (I SRed for it)
Pokemon Black - Shiny Heatmor

Okay, also I've gotten a shiny Goldeen. I wanted to surf, but I forgot my Pokemon...So I fished...And....Whala!!!! A shiny female Goldeen comes up!!!! Yeah, was so psyched!

Then came a Combee. I was just wondering around, looking for a female Combee. So I get to another male Combee, except that I almost ran, until I saw it was shiny. Yeah, shiny.

Now Shiny Pokemon I've gotten elsewhere:

Mew
Ho-Oh
Furret
Rapidash
Charmander
Umbreon
Raichu
Shaymin
Gyradaos
Suicune
Blaziken
Jynx
Girantina
Serperior
Entei
Porygon-Z

My first shiny pokémon is a blue ponyta in pokémon soulsilver my first game of pokémon,I find this in mt silver and never envolve this because shiny rapidash (gray) is very ugly for me,my second shiny are a female and gold cascoon,Third shiny is a ugly diglett with blue nose your name are Wtf?,other shiny is a kingler really ugly because she is a green color and a 2 days i found my first shiny in white,a cute but strong joltik with a serious nature!.!

My first shiny was a few months ago in Black and White, even though I've been playing Pokemon for years and years and put a ridiculous amount of time in my Platinum game. Anyway, it's an Audino. Purple and green eyes! =) I love it. I wish it was a Whimsicott, though.

Found a shiny Graveler on Victory Road in Pearl and I had just lowered it's HP enough to capture it and it self-destructed. I rage-quit,threw my DS on the couch, and walked outside for a while to calm down.

Shiny Graveler, Y U so suicidal. :(

My first shiny came out of an egg and was a cute pichu! :D That was my first and last shiny pokémon in pokémon white.

Even though I have a ton of shiny Larvestas from trying to breed my "perfect" Volcarona (Still going strong!), my first shiny was in fact... Ralts. (She's a Gardevoir now xD)

Mine was a shiny Floatzel in Diamond. I love the gold color! I haven't found any others since then, and that was years ago

My first shiny ever, not counting the Red Gyarados was a Magby that hatched from an egg in Pokémon Silver... and more recently, with the help of the PokéRadar I caught a shiny Electabuzz and a shiny Pidgey in Platinum.

My first shiny... Wow, that was about 10 years ago, I had just started playing a new game in Crystal, when I found a Shiny Hopip. I called it 'Ervilhante', wich is a pun with 'bright' and 'herb' in portuguese :p

I really miss she...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back