Pokemon Your Very First Shiny? What Did You Think, And How Did You React?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizzory

Aspiring Trainer
Post the very first shiny you've ever seen and feel free to talk about other random shinies that popped up randomly.

First i saw and caught was a shiny roselia in pokemon saphire
second was a couple years later i found a shiny geodude in pokemon pearl on my way to the first gym, last one was a few weeks ago i found a shiny ponyta on my way to victory road.

RE: Your very first shiny!

The first shiny I ever had was a shiny shroomish that one of my friends got for me with their ar, but the first one I ever caught for myself was a pidgey on soul silver. Then later on in victory road (also on soul silver) I caught a shiny onix.

My first shiny was a poochyena in sapphire. Then, in Platinum, I got a shiny steelix. Then in heartgold, I got a shiny gyarados...

sturtle said:
My first shiny was a poochyena in sapphire. Then, in Platinum, I got a shiny steelix. Then in heartgold, I got a shiny gyarados...
I didn't think the Red Gyarados counted.

Not counting any Gyarados, my first shiny was a Pinsir I caught in Bug Catching on my brother's Silver version, and I caught a shiny Weedle (also in Bug Catching) and Tangela in my own Crystal version, though I can't remember who came first. Luckily I had a Game Boy Color at the time, so you could actually tell the thing was different if you didn't see the initial sparkle animation :). Back then though, catching a shiny was a 1/64 chance deal I believe, not the crazy 1/8192 chance like it is today (though PokéRadar chaining and RNG abuse makes things incredibly convenient nowadays...).

First was a Shiny Gloom in Diamond, then got a Shiny Starly in Diamond too.

Does the Shiny Pichu count?

My very first shiny (excluding Pikachu-Colored-Pichu and Red Gyarados) was a Gible. I found it 2 weeks ago, I am super happy!

The Pokemon that are always shiny regardless of circumstance don't really count. You didn't work or luck out for them.

Ironically enough, my first shiny was in Gold, and it wasn't the Red Gyarados (I had killed it, but I was 10 at the time, what can I say?). It was a Graveler caught in Mount Silver, level 43, and I caught it after about 15 turns. I was very fortunate it did not self-destruct on me.

I like Graveler more than Golem and I think the red color looks better on Graveler. To this day I still have "Ruddy", as I have called him.

My first shiny was a Seedot in my Ruby, I didn't even know it was shiny when I caught it.

sturtle said:
I understand that It doesn't count. It was a joke. Wow.
It sure didn't sound that way. It sounded like you were some 9-year-old.

This was my very 1st Shiny (well as a Swablu):
27-11-06_1512-1.jpg

29-11-06_0044.jpg

From Sapphire (near Lanette's cottage/house).

The very first shiny I saw was a shiny Whismur in Sapphire, too bad I didn't knew it was shiny and thought it was just a regular whismur, so I didn't caught it.

Later on I came across a shiny Poliwhirl (yeeh) in Leaf Green, I was excited because Politoed is my favourite Pokémon :)

Also I found a shiny Burmy in Pearl and shiny Snover in Platinum.

bacon said:
First shiny was... Unown. :(

lol.

A Machop. Shame it was modest. D:

After that a Wingull. Shame they suck hard.

And then a Zigzagoon. Shame that's probably the most suckish shiny you can ever obtain.

Forgive and forget, please dont start a flame war. i dont like fire types

hmm.. the first one was an graveller i guess (it used selfdestruct sniffle)
For the rest, i got a action replay, but it really messed up my game, so i started over fare.
then, a shiny pichu (here in europe via a wi-fi event) and then yeah the red gyrados!

yorepoor

well, I havn't caught any of my own yet. I remember seeing a shiny psyduck on firered though X3
I tried for the longest time to get a shiny Charmander to evolve into Charizard, still hasn't worked XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back