Your Pokemon Pet Peeves. Post popostrously peevish posts!!!

Do peoples' abbreviations bother you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of things annoy me, but these are the biggest.

1. People that don't know how to shuffle so they just throw their deck on the ground and move it around like they are kneading dough or something. I'll shuffle for you if you really have that much trouble.
2. People that curse/get angry and take the game too seriously.
3. People that touch/pick up your cards while you are playing to read them (which most of the time I can deal with), or even worse just lean over the playing area and read the card with it being literally less than 3 inches from their face because they think that way they aren't disrupting the game. You honestly can't even read it when it is that close. My ex-roommate did this and after I had asked him to stop doing that for over a month I finally got super pissed and smacked him in the face.
4. People that try to take their moves back after they've clearly played them through. Sometimes it is ok, but when they try to do it after I've drawn a card? Yeah, that makes me livid and I will just leave the game and let them win before I let them take back their entire last turn.
5. When somebody argues with you about something that is basic knowledge about the game.
6. People that won't trade a card they don't even use for a card they would use in their main deck just because they know that you want it.

There's honestly a lot more, but these really make me mad.

Specific example of #5 that really made me mad:
I was playing my Gentina deck against my friend's Kingphan deck last night and I had Crobat Prime up in the active with Gengar SF on the bench and some other stuff, he had a Psyduck up front he was trying to stall with and a Donphan and a few others on his bench. I sniped around his Psyduck with Crobat to his Donphan because I forgot the body works on the bench. I let it go, didn't try to take the turn back because I was already set up to beat him. Next turn he brought up his Donphan and hit my Crobat, and kind of got aggravated that I actually made sure that the resistance was factored into his attack. During my next turn, he tried to play my attack out before I had even finished my turn, but I brought up my Gengar and used shadow room instead of sniping again with Crobat. (Here's the part that actually makes me really mad) He tried to argue with me for like 10 minutes that Donphan's ability worked against damage counters too because they are placed through an attack. I finally got him to believe me, and next turn he just earthquaked me because he didn't have much else going on. Next turn I dropped a crobat G and brought my crobat prime back up for the KO through severe poison, which he also tried to argue about.

People with bad B.O.
People who grab your cards without asking (especially those with bad B.O. because you are afraid your cards may contract that persons odor)

Captoats said:
People that don't know how to shuffle so they just throw their deck on the ground and move it around like they are kneading dough or something. I'll shuffle for you if you really have that much trouble.

This is me. I also flip coins terribly... yet it still annoys me. I'm surprised no one mentioned people who flip them so they can't catch them and they roll around on the floor and you have to look for them. Serious disruption. I'm such a hypocrite.

EDIT: 100th Post! :D

icyFREEZEdragon said:
Pot shots at HS Undaunted. Sick of that. There are much worse sets out there.

This. ALL OF THIS. I mean, LA sucked just as bad. So what if you have the 2 best staple cards in the game? It's 140+ cards! The only good thing besides that is Gigas LA.

the aura is with me8 said:
I have another one, when people say "is it my turn yet?" after I use an attack!

I have problems with people and turns in general. For instance:

People who end their turn and don't announce it.
People who ask me if it's their turn, and I'm just using a supporter.
People who complain my turn is taking too long.

Your situation really doesn't bug me though. Sometimes I do that to make sure they have no other added effect to use, the damage is correct, they don't want to take anything back, etc. But I don't add the 'yet.' I just say "My turn?"

Also, people who make a comment at every. Little. Thing. You. Do. It's like, "OK, I'll use Earthquake for the Knock Out. But it also Knocks out these two Pokemon on my bench." And they're all like

"OH NO I GOT KNOCKED OUT! I'M PROBABLY GONNA LOSE! I SHOULD FORFEIT, BUT I'M NOT GONNA BECAUSE I NEVER GIVE UP. OH, THAT'S FUNNY, YOU KNOCKED OUT YOUR OWN POKEMON. HAHA! YAY I GET TWO PRIZES. THAT WAS REALLY STUPID, KNOCKING OUT YOUR OWN POKEMON! I'M STILL GONNA LOSE THOUGH. I SHOULD FORFEIT, BUT I'M NOT GONNA BECAUSE I NEVER GIVE UP!"

Sometimes it ends up being a good thing. If they say something like "Yes! I drew into Cinccino! Next turn is gonna be awesome!" then I just Judge and own :3

Myne are:

1. People that go to fast...like I have no idea whats going on, they throw down trainers without announcing theyre names or anything and quickly put in the discard pile.

2. People who bug to trade when im in a battle

3. This kid at my league named alec he acts like he is better then everyone else he is a total smart alec...

Tyraniking said:
"OH NO I GOT KNOCKED OUT! I'M PROBABLY GONNA LOSE! I SHOULD FORFEIT, BUT I'M NOT GONNA BECAUSE I NEVER GIVE UP. OH, THAT'S FUNNY, YOU KNOCKED OUT YOUR OWN POKEMON. HAHA! YAY I GET TWO PRIZES. THAT WAS REALLY STUPID, KNOCKING OUT YOUR OWN POKEMON! I'M STILL GONNA LOSE THOUGH. I SHOULD FORFEIT, BUT I'M NOT GONNA BECAUSE I NEVER GIVE UP!"

Lol that reminds me of my 10 year old cousin, he never wants to battle me because I almost always win and he quits or sais "I don't feel like battling." when ever he's losing. Also he complains ALOT when he loses but when he wins against me he will go to his mom (My aunt who also plays.) and scream "MOMMY I BEAT BRENTON!!!!! HAHA!!" and then gets all excited. =.=

People that can't spell anything correctly. Some of these people trying to say "Gothitelle" have to be trolling.

Tuxpenguin00 said:
Myne are:

1. People that go to fast...like I have no idea whats going on, they throw down trainers without announcing theyre names or anything and quickly put in the discard pile.

2. People who bug to trade when im in a battle

3. This kid at my league named alec he acts like he is better then everyone else he is a total smart alec...

For the record, I don't think that Alec would appreciate you talking about him like that... (I know him, and you).

Oh, for mine, there are these kids at leagues that I go to who just don't know when to shut up, and its really annoying!

There is a guy in the state next to mine, who tries to start his turn whenever you announce a poke-power. It is so anoying. Then when you attack he is all like "Is it my turn yet?", which he constantly says during your turn aswell. I've nic-named him "the anoying kid". He also cheated at Australian Nationals, but only in a side event, which got him banned from the game for 2 weeks.

I absolutely hate it when someone you're playing doesn't give the game the focus of a goldfish (especially at a big tourney.) For instance, when you announce, "Spray splash for 10 on ___ for the knockout," and they discard the pokemon and assume it's their turn. It's even worse when they don't even say anything about starting their turn, draw their card (seeing their topdeck.) One time this happened to me and i didn't even notice he was doing his turn (it was a top cut match and i was concentrating really hard) and so we were both playing out our turn at the same time lol (we actually both declared our attack at about the same time, which was when i noticed what he was doing.)

I also hate it when people are rude. At league a few weeks ago i was playing a master and i made what he concidered a play mistake (I still think it was the right move) and he said "god i hate person kids who can't play this game" (keep in mind I'm 12) I went on to beat him 3 times in a row.

This happened to me at my 2nd tournament ever, which was Ohio states in the 09-10 season. I forgot what round it was. But the guy I was playing, this was the only time I ever saw the guy, but while I was executing my turn, I'm 100% sure he passed out and was sleeping. I declared my attack and just sat there like ummm what do i do. My friend's match was over so he took a seat a few chairs away and I just looked at him and he just shrugged at me. I declare my attack for a 2nd time and I guess it woke him up. But the face he passed out during a game was quite annoying.

I've gone to tournaments without sleeping up to 2 days before hand, and never once passed out during a game or a tournament. Granted I considered dropping at regionals this past year to get some sleep after a 5-0 start, but I played it out.

I actually did this once, except at Illinois States. Kid was playing LuxChomp and just sort of threw cards down and did whatever, never really checking to even see if I was seeing the cards he was searching out or not. Normally I am cool with people not announcing the trainer, but I was running on 0 sleep and hadn't eaten since dinner the previous night. I was tired, and actually had to hold my head up. Plus the kid was being arrogant and acting like because he played LuxChomp that he was the best player ever. So, I played out the match slowly, not really actually doing much, just making the loss as slow as possible, where with somebody else I would of scooped for more napping time. (Rikko145 used Sleepy Vengeance!) Took a twenty minute nap and downed a monster right after that, though, so I was able to play out the rest of my games at normal performance. (Actually missed Top Cut by 1 match. =/ But it was worth it. >=3) I guess you could say that people who act arrogantly (wether they're good or not) are another pet peeve of mine.

Girls who cosplay as male Pokémon Trainers. It really annoys me. Basically any cosplayer who cross-dresses really annoys me for some reason... :(

GroudonKing said:
Girls who cosplay as male Pokémon Trainers. It really annoys me. Basically any cosplayer who cross-dresses really annoys me for some reason... :(

Just cos-play in general irritates me, even the word irritates me.

It annoys you that people are dressing in a non-conventional fashions. Makes plenty of logical sense.

At our League we have a few tables on one side of the store that we use every weak, its been this way for a couple years now. there are tables other places that are for magic and others that are usually empty. Yet still every week there are two groups of people that sit in our section an start playing yugio or magic, every week, then I have to ask them to move and they look at me and ask, Why? Then I count to ten in my head and try to remember why I cant throttle them.

When people finish their own matches then proceed to gather around other matches and have conversations about the match in progress. It is very distracting to know what you think about how I am playing my deck compared to how you would run it.

Funny thing about this peeve is the fact that what gets me most about this is that compared to the rest of my league (which is comprised of like 20 different Reshiram/Typhlosion decks, 10 Donphan variants and one very annoying Lanturn Prime deck), my deck is unique and noone else has even tried running Krookodile, so noone else should even HAVE an opinion about running my deck.

Another peeve is people who win their match, then IMMEDIATELY go around to every other player in the tournament and recount the events of their victory to every single person, including the matches still ongoing. We get it, you had a good run going and your opponent didn't. Doesn't mean you need to gloat to everyone in the room.

There's this kid at my league who, when we were playing the VG tourney, grabbed my DS between matches and began playing it. Not only that, but, when I actually caught him, he was half way through the Elite 4. (I had not beaten them yet out of personal choice) Even worse, he didn't use my actual team that I had spent days planning, he used random legendaries and thought he was doing the clever thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back