Your Pokemon Pet Peeves. Post popostrously peevish posts!!!

Do peoples' abbreviations bother you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyraniking said:
Ugh, speaking of league leaders, my league leader has absolutely no competitive knowledge, so you can never REALLY trust his word on a ruling. Worse than that, he made a huge deal because someone dropped their league card somewhere, and said that if anyone didn't have a name on theirs, he wouldn't mark the games. Luckily, someone was nice enough to lend me a pen.

He also complains about any archetype. I try and always play rogue, and even I understand the point of playing an archetype. But it's like he doesn't even get it. He thinks it's cheap and unoriginal. Well of course any metagame deck will be cheap compared to random noobness >_>

He has issues with donk decks. It's understandable, but he almost gets mad if someone runs a donk deck.

If you play two games in a row and forget to mark them down, he'll make it just one match. I mean, not even a warning like "You need to come here every match and report it, but for now I'll mark it as two games." He just marks it off as one right away. For a while, I just decided not to report any matches.

I think I'd be finding me a new league, or petition for a new league leader.

This week at league she asked me if I was doing a fair trade WITH MY BEST FRIEND! I've been thinking of reporting her. but I'm afraid that there would be no league if I do, in total I have 4 league leaders, 2 live around where my league is located, and the other 2 live about almost 2 hours away from where my league is located, they only come about 3 or so times a month, so if I report my mean league leader, league may be disbaned. =( I guess a easier way to explain would be that my mean league leader is married to someone who is pretty much her assistant (not really but it seems like it lol) and the 2 that lives almost 2 hours away are also a married couple. (ugh it's so hard to word this the way I want over the internet)

Report her anyways. Given the right circumstances, somebody will step up and fill her position.

Well, at my league, the leader thinks he know EVERYTHING about the current format because he talks to Chris Fulop on a regular basis, but whenever he plays in tourneys using Fulop's advice, how does poorly and just blames it on luck or says that he almost won. We get into arguments all the time because he thinks he knows more than the rest of us when he doesn't even play anymore!

EDIT- For the most part, when he "helps" someone, they do even worse...

UGH a 3rd week of meanness from my league leader!!! 2 Days ago at league she was handing out Battle Roads flyers and I was watching her hand them out, and noticed that she was looking at me and didn't even bother to ask me if I wanted one! (I had to have my brother go up and get one for me!) And later that nite she wanted to go home but she can't go home until all kids (under 18) have been picked up by a family member, but, MY DAD WAS OUT SHOPING INSIDE WAL-MART, and she said something among the lines of "does your dad KNOW that he needs to be here before 8:30 so that I can go home?!" making him sound stupid, my dad may not be the smartest man on earth but he's not stupid, HE WAS INSIDE WAL-MART, WHICH LAST TIME I CHECKED, WAS PERFECTLY FINE WITH HER!!!!! As much as I want to report her, even though she has been treating me like dirt these past 3 weeks, I just can't do that to everyone else at my league!

EDIT: Posting all this here suprisingsly releaves alot of stress! =)

Rikko145 said:
Report her anyways. Given the right circumstances, somebody will step up and fill her position.

Ya, do it. When my league leader was reported (which was unfair, and the LL was awesome, but that's a different story), Vergere on PB stepped up and became LL.

Sadly I don't know any professors who know where my league is besides the ones that run it + my league is mostly (I can't exagerate this enough) little kids. =(

EDIT: Though my friend wants to become a professor and open up his own league, it may take a few months because he's moving in a few months and still hasn't passed the test.

The situation cannot get better until you:
A.) Confront her face-to-face and resolve the issue.

or

B.) You report her and she is removed.

When did this thread turn from "what do people do in Pokemon that bothers you" into "let's bash league leaders who put their own time into this game for very little reward"?

Side note- I'm not saying some of the stuff people have mentioned isn't unfair, I'm just saying you should talk to the person or report them to TPCI, don't come online and complain to random people about it.

@Celebi23 and tybike, while I do agree with both of you, this is the only place I can think of to talk about it.

I would talk to her face to face, but latly it seems like she's been avoiding me. And like I said before, I just can't do that to everyone else at my league! If anyone wants to talk to me about this, and doesn't want me making another post about it in this thread, please comment or p.m. me.

Perhaps bad leaders are a person's peeve. Who has the right to tell them it can't be?

Honestly aura, just go up to her and ask to talk. Whenever you see her do this. Then just politely ask if you did anything wrong or is there some reason she's been avoiding you and being mean lately. She can't kick you out and it may solve the problem so you should approach her.

Well if you're not going to talk to her about it and you're not going to email TPCI, you might as well try to forget about it and hope the problem fixes itself; there really isn't another solution and the only thing complaining online will do for you is potentially getting somebody else to email TPCI which you don't want anybody to do in the first place.

@Celebi23 You complaining multiple times about him posting it is kind of annoying. His peeve is obviously rude leaders. Let the guy get some advice and vent to some people about his problem.

I have no problem with him posting once or twice - but when he posts 4 times venting about negative interactions with his league leader and not only doesn't take advice given to him about how to handle the situation but furthermore, does nothing to fix the problem and just complains more, there's no point to his posts. He's gotten the same responses each time - either complain to TPCI or confront the league leader and ask why she's being unfair. His first post was justifiable and fine. After his first post, he gained nothing by posting again

If I posted every time I played a game where my opponent wasn't paying attention to the game state, what would I actually gain? Wouldn't it get annoying if half the posts in the thread were just me saying, "the same guy ignored the game again..."

EDIT- Also, I've only complained once. After that, I was just defending my one complaint.

Wow... all that over a card game? Geez I'm glad I just play this game with my little brother because he needs something to keep himself entertained other than playing video games all the time. I've been thinking about taking him to tournaments but eh I'm not sure I want to now, the folks you guys battle sound a lot worse than the stupid customers I deal with at my crappy job.

As for my pokemon pet peeve. Guys who break the code on booster boxes and loot the rares to make profit by selling it as singles, and sell the other boxes that contain not so valuable cards. And guys who scale packs. I mean, I do this at Target and some comic book stores but to buy a booster box and weigh the packs to sell them as a group to some poor sap for a high price. That's low.

EDIT: Oh yea just to be clear this post wasn't aimed at the posts above me... I actually didn't bother reading any of that. I was talking about people who smell bad, are impatient, touchy-grabby, sore-losers, etc.

Also, it is pretty annoying to hear stuff abbreviated sometimes lol. I mean I kinda get it when you type it to save time and effort but it doesn't take much to speak it... it kinda reminds me of that bit from iCarly when Spencer was like "Check my 'stoom!" which the girls were not impressed and confused why costume needed to be abbreviated. And then there was "irk" which is supposed to be short for ...jerk?

While we're at it "let's get some 'za and 'da and play some poke' and watch my 'zard flame your mega' and 'gia!" You can't tell me that wasn't annoying!

@ Celebi23, I am taking advice from people, and it helped, so don't say I'm not, because I have taken alot of this into consideration, and I will have my dad talk to her because she can't ignore or walk away from him. I will post again this Thursday or Friday with the results.

^Okay well you didn't say that before. Your previous posts made it sound like you weren't taking any advice given and just used this thread to complain.

@flyingchainchomp: Definitely go to leagues/tournaments. There, unfortunately, is not a thread for all of the great things players/judges do, but if there was it would be 100 times longer than this. Pokemon is famous for having the best community of any CCG.

At the Emerging Powers Prerelease, I was playing against a younger senior division kid, and he kept trying to start his turn while I was still pondering what to do, even though I hadn't taken too long. Thankfully, I caught him, but I think he got away with it once. /:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back