Your Pokemon Pet Peeves. Post popostrously peevish posts!!!

Do peoples' abbreviations bother you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I play relatively slow (I know that this is a huge pet peeve of many people.)

People shouldn't "play for me," though. It annoys me when people play so fast that you don't know what's going on or they assume that you'll use a certain attack.

Spoink! said:
People shouldn't "play for me," though. It annoys me when people play so fast that you don't know what's going on or they assume that you'll use a certain attack.

This. Unless it's last prize and you have an obvious KO I hate when people practically skip my turn just assuming I'm going to do something.

I also found out by playing my son's deck that he had been illegally rain dancing onto his shuckle and drawing through like six or seven cards at a time, using a card to pick it up again (seeker, scoop, unknown) and doing it all over again. I always took his word for it since I haven't been playing too long. Then I played his deck and was like "hey, wait a minute..." He just plays way too fast and doesn't pay attention.

the aura is with me8 said:
What did he do?

Well, hes one of those loud, Im going to touch you for no reason people. Like I walk into league and he jumps on me and starts laughing loudly. He also curses throughout games and always tells his opponent that they suck and need to get better cards and, when I was playing a game with Nats runner up Jimmy M for fun, he walks over looks in my hand and goes "Donphan Prime is a horrible card"

I absolutely hate it when people don't know what cards do. I was playing a Wormadam Rush deck around 5 months ago and everybody this one day who I battled had to look at every one of my Pokemon. Every single one (Well, besides Uxie, that is). And these just weren't little kids either, nononono...most of them were older than me. And they didn't know what my cards did. That just drives me crazy.

thefleeee said:
...he walks over looks in my hand and goes "Donphan Prime is a horrible card"

Ugh. People who look at your hand and announce what's in it are really annoying.

There's this one guy at my league who got an Emboar or something in his hand and then interrupted my game and his game to tell us what a good hand he had. That's somewhat similar to your situation, except kind of the opposite...

When your trading ONE person, and their looking at your binder.. and then their friends come.. and then random people come.. and then you don't even know who has your binder. It just pisses me off.
And, it's small, so god knows where it could go.

Also, when your playing, and someone comes and sits and starts talking to the other player.
That's annoying.

Pretty much everything n00bs do annoys me. One particular time I got quite upset. I played a Judge, and so he 'shuffled' his hand into his deck, but really he just inserted each card randomly in his deck and continued to draw four cards. I told him I had the right to cut, because he didn't even shuffle, but then he DENNIED IT and told me I didn't have to cut. So everyone around me got out of their games and told me he didn't have to cut, pretty much siding with him. So FINALLY he allowed me to cut after I had to defend my thoughts about the situation.

Also, one time some random Pokedad came up to 'organize' my stuff...Control freaks these days...

Meaty said:
And I do think it's funny when a kid asks what type(s) your deck is, that first impression tells you they aren't a very good player haha. Same with when you ask them what their deck is and rather than the pokemon/strategy, they say "it's fire and water" or something like that. I see how it's annoying though, one time I played this kid and he said "Oh, your deck is dark and psychic" and I guess it was since I ran Dusknoir, Reuniclus, DCL, both LA and AR Spiritomb, Uxie, Azelf, Unown Q and Sableye (I had like 27 pokemon lol, but that deck worked well), but he was annoying since he kept thinking he knew what the deck did, like "Oh, I know why you're using that Reuniclus. It's really good against Exeggutor!" I just say "Yup...." and then I beat him by taking a ton of prizes with DCL without him even seeing it coming.

I don't mind things like that since they're lots of players like that at my league that I'm just so used to it. Besides, it's fun to get them stumped about my "deck type" when I go Gigas (they keep thinking it's a Water/Fighting/Metal/Colorless deck).

Pokefan4000 said:
I absolutely hate it when people don't know what cards do. I was playing a Wormadam Rush deck around 5 months ago and everybody this one day who I battled had to look at every one of my Pokemon. Every single one (Well, besides Uxie, that is). And these just weren't little kids either, nononono...most of them were older than me. And they didn't know what my cards did. That just drives me crazy.
I do that too often in my earlier days of TCG, but to make up for it... I read upside-down. :D

I do experience some annoyance for slow players, and habits such as shuffling my hand constantly happen because of that. I try not to deliberately rush the opponent though. Still, it irks me that some people would hesitate over the simplest things in the TCG, especially when I know they're not new to the game.

Tyraniking said:
Pretty much everything n00bs do annoys me. One particular time I got quite upset. I played a Judge, and so he 'shuffled' his hand into his deck, but really he just inserted each card randomly in his deck and continued to draw four cards. I told him I had the right to cut, because he didn't even shuffle, but then he DENNIED IT and told me I didn't have to cut. So everyone around me got out of their games and told me he didn't have to cut, pretty much siding with him. So FINALLY he allowed me to cut after I had to defend my thoughts about the situation.

Also, one time some random Pokedad came up to 'organize' my stuff...Control freaks these days...

That's not just annoying. That's cheating. It garuntees he won't draw any of the 4 cards he put back.

It really annoys me when I play kid and they act like they understand everything about it from like T1. I was playing this new kid in a tourney and I dropped my cyndaquil so he immediately thinks I intend to use the prime all game or the Fire Spin one (I'm running TyRam). The funny part was I just decided to beat everything with Tyrouge. I played him again and this other kid jumps in and says to me "You should run Emboar with Typhlosion" (I was attacking with it). I kinda just sat there thinking "No....just no." That and this hyperactive kid that drops by time to time.

Mine would have to be people who give you advice when they have no clue what they are talking about. Stuff like, "You need to put Hydro Cannon on that Swampert because its awesome" or "you need Cleffa in your Donchamp because Cleffa is great." What's even more annoying is when you don't ask for advice in the first place.

My pet peeve is when you are trying to trade, and there is that one noob who doesn't have anything to trade, but is asking for cards, and they go round and round asking for that same card. I remember 1 time when 1 kid at the legue I go to came to me 3 times asking for a shaymin X, and a celebi prime after I had told him that I didn't have either.
Another pet peeve is when people play soo fast, and try to rush my moves, I mean this is a game where you actually have to think, no?

I like this thread, I'll share some of my pet peeves aswell.

1. I'm a league leader, and despite the fact that there are 2 other league leaders and there is the league owner, EVERYONE always comes to me to get their card signed. Most of the time I'm in a game (conveniently during my turn) or I'm negotiating a trade, but yet the other league leaders are doing nothing. I tell them I'm busy ask one of them but usually the come right back.

2. Another is when someone is watching a game I'm playing and not only picks up cards that are in play to see what they do, they take a peek at the top decks and our prize cards. I don't mind looking at the cards in play during league at all but looking at the top deck and prizes is too far.

3. When I'm playing someone and its clear that I will be knocking out their active during my turn, they just pick up their active and put it in the discard before I announce it. I always say "whoa whoa whoa, I'm doing other things before I knock it out". I also warn them that doing that is considered rushing.

4. During tournament matches while I'm playing people not involved in the match will try to talk to me. I'll either say "not now" or "go away I'm busy".

5. Whenever I test a deck at league on saturday, I see alot of decks that counter mine at the sunday tournament. Last week I played cincinno/zoruark and saw alot of donphan. This week I played reshiboar and I saw alot of samerott and blastoise. I was thinking about donphan/samerott for next week, does that mean I'll see nothing but lanturn? I guess my reputation commands that kind of respect.

Despite all of that I still have the time of my life and it will never deter me from going to these leagues and tournaments.

Spoink! said:
That's a psychological technique. I can either tell you the correct move to make it seem like I want you to do it, so you do an incorrect move or I can tell you the incorrect move and if you think I'm doing the former, you'll make that incorrect move. ;D

I can't stand two types of players. Slow players and entitled players. Slow players are relatively simple. When every one of your games goes to time, you know there's an issue. These types of players are unintentionally disruptive to the events. You don't need to read every card both you and I play when we're in a tournament. You should know the metagame before the event >.<

Next is entitled players. These players often show up online. They often believe they have more rights than they actually have. For example, these players will break the rules just to trade or ask for a deck list without seeing much fault in this. Entitled players also can dictate who gets to do what. For example, anyone who says that net decking is close to cheating would be entitled as they have the attitude that because they made their own deck list, everyone else should as well. That's not how life goes, bros >.< Player entitlement is just really pathetic. I'd go into more detail, but I really don't want to ;P

I hate when people throw a cleffa out and stay asleep before I can attack and wake up just to eeek again. Sleep check and what do you know? Still Asleep. Not to mention all my reversals fail every single time. And then because they totally destroyed I think they're the best.

Also it bothers me when people will not let me scoop early when clearly I had a bad Everything and theryrr gonna win, and the same thing happens but im the one who sets up perfectly and they go agead and they go ahead and scoop.

I hate when people have like a reshiram out with 6 damage counters and are like uhhhhhh..... Outrage forrrrrrr.... 70?

I hate people who don't let you take back minor mistakes in league games.

Like, junk arm, you discard two cards, but then decide that you change your mind and discard different cards instead (normally when I junk arm for a communication and accidentally discard my last pokemon from my hand).

In a tournament, yes; In league play, what's the point? It's not fun, and you're not helping anyone.

I totally agree with the above. And RedShark as well. Just people being jerks because they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back