Finished Werewolf XXVI: Harmonic Divergence | Town Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

its back boys and girls
So, I've been caught up with preparations for finals and all that fun stuff. I've skimmed the current day but I don't think I've got the big picture. Does someone, preferably unbiased, want to sum up the main events?

Things I noticed:
-Is Celever actually cleared?
-What's the argument between Bigfoot and SS?
-Why is Keeper of Night a suspect?

I apologize for my inactivity. The longer I was inactive, the harder it was to actually keep up. But I'll try to get caught up and keep up from now on.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
KoN is a suspect from him and Camo's fight on Day 1. though both of them are seemingly town, is the opinion of a few people..
Celever provided knowledge on the Towns win-con before Camo died to confirm the win-con... so its soft cleared him for now, unless the scum were given the towns wincon.... Bigfoot and Drohn have provided info that they were not given the town win con and only received Safe claim names. So for now Celever is clear (his ability is still 100% unproveable [mighty convenient aye :p] )

And my argument with Bigfoot is resolved I think... he was pushing me to reveal my night action target which I did eventually, though is probably gonna get me killed... Its resolved because I'm believing Bigfoots claim mostly... Still unsure about Drohns lame-o flavour... It is in no way as detailed or imaginative as any other role revealed...
##unvote: BigfootAUS
Bigfoot's right, if we are to believe his claim Drohn would make much more sense as a lynch... But for now lets see what else we can find... And keep a Drohn/Bigfoot lynch up our sleeve if we need it :p They still aren't townies so still would be better than a completely random lynch..

Celever

Wheeeee~
KoN is a suspect from him and Camo's fight on Day 1. though both of them are seemingly town, is the opinion of a few people..
Celever provided knowledge on the Towns win-con before Camo died to confirm the win-con... so its soft cleared him for now, unless the scum were given the towns wincon.... Bigfoot and Drohn have provided info that they were not given the town win con and only received Safe claim names. So for now Celever is clear (his ability is still 100% unproveable [mighty convenient aye :p] )

And my argument with Bigfoot is resolved I think... he was pushing me to reveal my night action target which I did eventually, though is probably gonna get me killed... Its resolved because I'm believing Bigfoots claim mostly... Still unsure about Drohns lame-o flavour... It is in no way as detailed or imaginative as any other role revealed...
Bigfoot's right, if we are to believe his claim Drohn would make much more sense as a lynch... But for now lets see what else we can find... And keep a Drohn/Bigfoot lynch up our sleeve if we need it :p They still aren't townies so still would be better than a completely random lynch..
The example town Role PM in the OP had an incorrect WinCon, so if I were acum I would have been forced to use that incorrect one.

You can't believe Bigfoot's claim and not Drohn's. They are too heavily connected.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah I get that but Drohns role is so different? The flavour is non existent! Haha but yeah of course those two should be trusted or not trusted together

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
I believe that they are in fact independents but I far from trust their full roles... Especially Drohns role..
the thing that's most off about their roles is the fact that no faction has any reason to target them meaning they'll score a win alongside whatever faction does win.. There's no strategy? It just smells off :p

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@squirtlesquad
It sounds a lot like the two are Survivors, with possibly a slightly modified wincon. Basically, the wincon of the Drohnfoot has existed before, and is not uncommon. And as I said before, the two could quite easily be included as a 'threat to the Town'.

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く
@Squirtle Squad I only said that as a precaution, but yeah I know that it would be quite helpful and give us something to talk about, if someone had something to say.

Also, a slight discrepancy I noticed:

Aaaaaaaand I don't understand you guys. Voting for my lynch, even if it would kill Drohn? If you lynch Drohn, it would confirm me wouldn't it? But then it would take away my meatshield...

Your role says that Drohn takes any night actions directed to you, not the lynch, so that's slightly off.
What happens to Drohn if you get lynched? Does he die? Does he return to normal?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@Squirtle Squad
Your role says that Drohn takes any night actions directed to you, not the lynch, so that's slightly off.
What happens to Drohn if you get lynched? Does he die? Does he return to normal?

Drohn - Tarrlok’s Assistant - Airbender - Independent

Well, you’re Drohn. But we already knew that didn’t we? Harmonic Divergence has miraculously given you Air Bending powers. Just a shame you can’t use them then, isn’t it?

Bending Ability - Under the Influence

This ability is passive and is in effect for the duration of the game. Due to Councilman Tarrlok bloodbending you, you are immune to all other forms of bloodbending. This ability prevents your bending being removed.

Non-Bending Ability - Manipulated

This ability is passive and is in effect for the duration of the game. Councilman Tarrlok’s bloodbending powers are stronger than they’ve ever been before, and as a result he has complete control over you. You will post in the game thread exactly what he asks you to post in the Bloodbender QuickTopic and nothing more (he will write your posts, you will copy and paste them) (this includes votes). Additionally, he may instruct you to like certain posts as well. You may not post your own words. If Tarrlok dies, you will also die.

Win Condition - Survive until another faction reaches their win condition.

Underlined.

Reinforce

Light has come to save you at last...
Yo. I've finally settled down. Whew.

Quick note: Unlike before the forum upgrade where my phone could manage to open the forums at least so I can read threads even though I can't post (because it crashes), now it crashes just from loading the forum homepage, so I am unable to read the thread until I get to a computer, which is often late after work. And with timezones stuff, yeah, I'm posting when everyone else is asleep. Again. -_-

So I've subbed in for TCGDeoxys. For meta, I've only watched the first Avatar series, so for any characters or information that comes from Legend of Korra, I'll have to consult the internet.

I guess I'll just jump in with the latest issue at hand: Do you guys think we should confirm Drohn and/or Bigfoot as soon as possible? Or putting it in a different way, do you think they are threats... that we should go so far as to use our lynch to drag the truth out? Or is it "safe" to put their revelation aside for now and use our lynch in attempt to find the Equalists and Red Lotus? Would Drohn and /or Bigfoot be a waste of our lynch?

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
At this stage Id say they'd be a waste of our lynch. If nothing else comes up we should lynch Drohn to confirm Bigfoots story. But we should be finding a better lynch at this point

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I also agree that it'd be a waste of lynch - I'd much prefer lynch an Equalist or Red Lotus. ATM I think Drohnfoot will be 'safe' to keep around at the moment.

Now I'd like to bring people's attention to @Brave Vesperia.

Firstly, Brave has barely been active, especially after being a last minute target from Camo. Brave did similar things to this in the last game (staying quiet). Also, Camo has pointed out that Brave is less confident when Town (which I can second), and when observing his past posts, he has not lived up to this play.

##UNVOTE: Anyone I had my vote on
##VOTE: Brave Vesperia

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
There's also a number of people who have said nothing at all... Omega soul, haunted water etc.. Then there's also SF who Camo also tried to vote (although SF never really posted anything) so Brave is probably a better option atm to look into. We can check the others next!

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Can't say I have an answer for that. I also don't agree/understand the reasoning for other people's votes today, so I'm not able to find a worthy lynch that way either.

I'll wait for discussion to pick up before actually trying to point any fingers.

Not pro-town at all. Town should be trying to start the discussion.

On a day as uninformative and slow-moving as today, it might be good to share what happened with each other last night. It's not suspicious to ask for something to push the conversation along.

SS, how does revealing who you targeted endanger town?

Seems like rollfishing to me.

A lot of bb's points on Keeper are very valid in my opinion. There was a lot of them, so I kind of don't feel like going back and mentioning the ones that are valid, but I'll say Keeper was contradicting himself a lot. Still very suspicious in my opinion.

We should absolutely be lynching Bigfoot and/or Drohn. They're confirmed not town. They could at any point side with an evil faction and lose us the game. And there's 2 of them! And being Indies they have no reason to tell us the truth. They could easily have anti-town win conditions or nasty abilities. I am absolutely lynching Bigfoot today. And hey, if they're actually Red Lotus or Equalist then hey, even better!

##UNDERP: Keeper of Night
##REK: BigfootAUS

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く
@bbninjas noted; my bad.
I agree that Bigfoot is dodgy, since there's no proof of his win condition actually being what it is, and as such I don't trust him.
##VOTE: BigfootAUS

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure
You guys actually believe that Bigfoot is telling the whole truth? Because I don't. His claims are just a little bit too good to be true for me.

Bigfoot definitely has exerted control over Drohn using bloodbending, that's for sure. Either that, or they're scum buddies, but I don't really think that they are. Can't rule anything out just yet.

What I do believe is that those roles are edited in some way. Drohn's claimed role sounds like a complete fake. In a game including the previous avatars, all the LoK villains, and many more important characters, would IE really bother to throw in a nameless character out of all the possible people he could have selected? The answer is no.

Here's my theory: Tarrlok's Bloodbending ability didn't involve a player from the start of the game for him to control. However, Night 0, this ability allowed him to select a player to begin bloodbending, with similar mechanics as to how he put in his role claim. And he just so happened chose Drohn, a buddy of his. I believe that Drohn has some other role with actual significance to the game, but we won't know who he is until we take out Bigfoot.

Additionally, Bigfoot, I want to know exactly what you ended up doing with it. We both know what I'm talking about.

Time to get some answers.

##VOTE: BigfootAUS

While I'm at it, this post from SS seems especially scummy to me. Although I don't believe that he has any connection to Bigfoot faction-wise, the tone of the post is very reserved and wish-washy. It's a clever way to avoid coming off as accusatory while still retaining the appearance of him putting thought into the situation, allowing him to deflect suspicion. I've used the exact same method a number of times when I've drawn scum, and it has unfortunately developed into one of my biggest tells.

Celever provided knowledge on the Towns win-con before Camo died to confirm the win-con... so its soft cleared him for now, unless the scum were given the towns wincon.... Bigfoot and Drohn have provided info that they were not given the town win con and only received Safe claim names. So for now Celever is clear (his ability is still 100% unproveable [mighty convenient aye ] )

Bigfoot's right, if we are to believe his claim Drohn would make much more sense as a lynch... But for now lets see what else we can find... And keep a Drohn/Bigfoot lynch up our sleeve if we need it They still aren't townies so still would be better than a completely random lynch..

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm TT I didn't think of that! (As in that isn't Drohns role at all) also I'm pretty sure Bigfoot has only been scum in a couple of games (Thenas and one of mine) and both times safe claims were provided... So his safe claim making skills are still developing? Is that the right word? Haha..

But in all seriousness TT raises an extremely valid point due to Drohn not being able to post what he wants, meaning his role is probably 100% fake...

Also @TwistedTurtwig that post was intended as a summary of what had happened so far? I was just posting what had happened during the day? There's wasn't a whole lot of thought I just answered the questions for whoever it was that asked...

Status
Not open for further replies.