Finished Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover -Town Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure
RE: Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover - Day 1 Ends September 9th 4 PM EST

(Sorry for the absence, I have had an incredibly busy past couple of days since school started back up for me. i've been following the thread along, but this has been my first opportunity for me to reply.)

My opinion on the whole situation involving James, Blui, and corabed is that at least one, and maybe more of them aren't telling the complete truth. The whole thing comes off as especially sketchy to me. Now this may sound a but outlandish, but hear me out.

I think that this might be an elaborate con, and that all three of them might be wolves. They've claimed that they're all part of a mason group, but they just as easily could be wolves, and I'm guessing that there's one or two more of the, that they've left out of their plan to make it so that it doesn't seem too unrealistic. Blui could have suddenly decided he didn't feel like playing anymore, or has some ability that aids the wolves that will activate upon his death. Or he might have just volunteered willingly in order to help his team gain an edge. This is how I think they might have wanted it to play out:

1.) James uses his 1-shot killing role to take out one of the day's major contributors. He then outs himself as the source of the kill, and reveals all of the information about his "mason group" to avoid suspicion from the town.
2.) James then proceeds to cast suspicion on Blui, his partner. His goal is to lead the lynch against him to potentially clear himself and corabed as townies. Like he mentioned, on Psypokes, there was a nearly identical situation where PMJ and I argued back and forth so that one of us could clear ourselves at the cost of the other being lynched (which ended up failing, so gg). I think he might have gotten the idea from that.
3.) He gets the other wolves to vote for Blui, and eventually some of the town members. It seemed like everyone started voting for him like crazy, which may explain that.
4.) If everything goes according to plan, Blui is lynched, flips scum, and the next day, most everyone trusts James for helping them to out a scum. James can now mislead the town until they end up winning, and it's game over for the rest of us.

So that's somewhat along the lines of what I'm thinking. There is always the chance that they're simply a dysfunctional mason group, but I'm leaning more towards my theory.

That's why I think that I'd rather vote for James first, instead of Blui. If he's lying, then we'll know to lynch the other two next, and if he's not, then we could at least try to go after Blui, since that's who he was suspicious of.

[v]James86134[/v]

WanderingWolf

Only *insert number here* days to go!
RE: Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover - Day 1 Ends September 9th 4 PM EST

So, yeah um... What?

Lets explain EVERYTHING!

Grant:

Wat do you mean pulled out of my butt?

I honestly have two people that have seen EVERYTHING I have done, and I have honestly said everything I have done. Have I not said that I lied about my role in the mason thread?

I went so far as to say everything... Plus, if I pulled everything out of my butt, SheNinja would be alive right now... Or someone else would have claimed it instead and I would be lynched... Maybe.

-----

Dark Void:

While I agree that it is stupid logic to kill a town, just so people would see a wolf... I honestly didnt see any other lynch candidates apart from SheNinja, but I just wanted people strayed off an almost Confirm Townie.

Everyone:

May I just say that Teal was the one to bring up Blui, not me. I had merely explained that I had killed SheNinja.

TwistedTurtwig:

Why go against what everyone else is thinking? If everyone else, including you thinks Boui is suspicious, then why go for me. Someone with no votes, and has explained everything he has done this game...

Because

1) You want Blui saved

Or

B) I have no Defense, meaning no matter what you throw at me, all I can do is watch and argue with my mouth...

Or, maybe even

Triangle) You decided that I am such a good player, that I deserve to be lunch... Makes no sense.
#yoloswag

Seriously... You don't logic... We need 10 votes, and with your vote we would be halfway there. If youre suspicious of Blui, and he already has votes, YOU VOTE FOR HIM.
Especially when you both are being called out for being on the radar... You don't try to make it seem like you're saving him.

You know what, if you guys want to lynch me, GO FOR IT! I volunteer as tribute

Here, I'll keep it going.

[uv]BLUI[/uv]
[v]JAMES86134[/v]

And If I turn out town, lynch Grant, Blui and Twisted.

I really no longer care about this game, since you know... Everyone knows everything.

RaichuGirl

Australian National champion 2014
RE: Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover (Signups)

From what I observed fro the thread:

Page 5
James makes an opening post and suddenly Fancy and grantm vote for him for no reason that I can see.

Page 6
I disagree with flygon in that I don't see how speculating about roles benefits the wolves?
Fancy claims that we are saying that we shouldn't even talk about the day, and that that is self-defeating, yet he contradicted this with the post with the mindless bandwagoning post with no substance on page 5.
Fancy claims to try and fill camoclone's place, yet instead of trying to find evidence (Although a few of camoclone's were far-fetched, he still tried to find arguments), he just mindlessly voted with no evidence.

Page 7
Back and forth arguments between Sheninja and Fancy. I agree with Sheninja over fancy.
I agree wit this post:

SheNinja said:
There is no need to vote someone to try and start discussion. Just asking questions would've been sufficient. I have seen many scum in my day, and you are doing exactly what scum do. They try to make up fake reasonings to votes to try and fit in with the townies, and throw in AtE into their posts to make the townies second-guess themselves.

Page 8
Luckyfire votes sheninja, I'm not really sure why. Grantm and Fancy both unvote for James. These two seem to be doing things together quite a bit.

Page 9
Blui votes for Sheninja because sheninja's posts feel..."wierd"?
James votes for no lynch. I'm not sure what to think about this.

Page 10
A few people vote for "joke" reasons. People suddenly bandwagon against Sheninja?
I mostly agree with James's post 147.

Page 11
Flys gone votes for twisted turtwig. I do see what his point against TT deciding to vote for sheninja after 3 others have. KON does seem to be posting a lot of posts that don't really add to the discution.

Page 12
Grantm bandwagons against twisted turtwig then changes his vote around claiming TT's not a wolf?
I'm apparently on his scum list when all I've posted is to confirm my role? That makes sense/sarcasm. Notice that several people on the list are more inactive, and targeting inactives is such a wolf thing to do, as they can so easily manipulate our vote to a town inactive, then once all the town inactives are gone, they claim that that strategy clearly isn't woring and that we should stop. We seriously have to stop the wolves manipulating us in this way or we stand no chance against them.
Luckyfire unvotes? Okay?
Grantm claims Luckyfire's an indie? How are you seeing this?

Page 13
There were a lot of subs and the vote and unvote tags are cool. Nothing much to say about this page.

Page 14
Arguments about warnings, Sheninja has some suspicions on Keeper of night due to him typing more "activity posts". Again, nothing much happened.

Page 15
Sheninja dies and James said he killed him.

I agree with Teal in that Blui is acting the same way he was when he was scum.

James says that one out of corabed and Blui are a wolf.

Page 16
Grantm defends against the lynch of Blui. Grantm is definitely my highest scum read apart from Blui, and he happens to be defending him. I feel if Blui is lynched and turns out to be wolf, this guy is definitely also a wolf.

And yeah, those are my really jumbled thoughts. Feel free to ignore most of it, because half of it isn't really too relevant any more.

[v]BLUI[/V]
Due to the playstyle he is using and the fact that out of him and Corabed, one of them is almost definitely a wolf.

Grant is definitely at the top of my scum reads though.

Blui

lv85 paladin

Additionally, (I forgot about this), James said that one of us (corabed and I) are wolf. Camo said that someone (who has the mason ability) might not be town aligned. Now it doesn't make sense for Red, Blue or Green to be wolves, the only possible one is Green, and I'd say that's more of an indie role than wolf (because wolf is pretty obviously Rocket aligned players, OF WHICH BLUE IS NOT). And that's kind of the main reason I'm suspected. Because I voted Ninja, James killed Ninja and now because Teal, and others think I'm scum (which a lot of that has been explained, not directly though).

Oh yeah and James lied about his role & stuff, killed someone, and still claims town. #greatestlogicever

@ camoclone, am I allowed to quote the mason chat (with screenshots)?

Hell, if I manage to survive this I'm thanking the guy who's making this REALLY FREAKING painful, James :p

WanderingWolf

Blui said:
Additionally, (I forgot about this), James said that one of us (corabed and I) are wolf. Camo said that someone (who has the mason ability) might not be town aligned. Now it doesn't make sense for Red, Blue or Green to be wolves, the only possible one is Green, and I'd say that's more of an indie role than wolf (because wolf is pretty obviously Rocket aligned players, OF WHICH BLUE IS NOT). And that's kind of the main reason I'm suspected. Because I voted Ninja, James killed Ninja and now because Teal, and others think I'm scum (which a lot of that has been explained, not directly though).

Oh yeah and James lied about his role & stuff, killed someone, and still claims town. #greatestlogicever

Hell, if I manage to survive this I'm thanking the guy who's making this REALLY FREAKING painful, James :p

So wanting a sense of security when one of us may have been a wolf... makes noe sense at all. OMG guys, I'm such an idiot for actually thinking that one of us is a wolf. Forget it. Turns out no wolves are actually in the village. They decided to pester Seribii instead.

Seriously... I have a killing role, I should be able to use it. That's like saying, you can't use your 100 word role, or you're wolf...

WanderingWolf

Also, Blui, might add:

If you personally think I am scum, then vote for me.

I'm so sick of people saying:

'Oh, this person is just soooooo scummy. I should really vote for them... But wait, I wouldn't want to upset the town, even if they are a confirmed scum'.

Instead of what I do, which is:

'SCREW YOU ALL *adds his honest opinions*'

The first is exactly what I did in the last spin-off and guess what? I was sc-- I was scum.

So, uh yeah. Guys, maybe start putting your opinion over you maybe dying, which could actually benefit the town (unless you're seer, keep that stuff to yourself.)

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

UNVOTE: BLUI

I want an explanation from "Green" why "she" is not the wolf, but Blue is. Loudmouth sounds believable enough. I have not read the manga but I can think of a reason why Blue might be a wolf, though. But "Green's" post was weird so... please explain.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

Ah, I want to know what the non masons think about TT's theory, too.

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure

@ James

I did explain exactly why I was suspicious of you, and decided to vote for you. And besides, you just answered your own question in post #246.

Here's a couple more reasons why I think you've been playing really suspiciously:
- You campaign for No Lynch initially. No Lynch is never the best option.
- You then kill a player that you admitted you thought was town. You also openly admit it, in an attempt to gain trust from the town.
- You vote for yourself, jokingly, I assume. But why would you even risk doing that?
- You say that if you die and flip town, that we should immediately lynch grantm, Blui, and I. You're clearly trying to frame the three of us in some way. I mean, you just picked three unrelated players and made them seem significant to you. If you do flip scum, then people will turn on us because it seems like you were trying to get us lynched. And if you flip town, then people still might turn on us.

All in all, James, you've been acting very erratically today. You're making everything confusing, and have thrown the town into chaos on the very first day. Maybe you're hoping that if enough is happening, any suspicion against you will end up getting overlooked? I'm willing to bet on that.

WanderingWolf

TwistedTurtwig said:
@ James

I did explain exactly why I was suspicious of you, and decided to vote for you. And besides, you just answered your own question in post #246.

Here's a couple more reasons why I think you've been playing really suspiciously:
- You campaign for No Lynch initially. No Lynch is never the best option.
- You then kill a player that you admitted you thought was town. You also openly admit it, in an attempt to gain trust from the town.
- You vote for yourself, jokingly, I assume. But why would you even risk doing that?
- You say that if you die and flip town, that we should immediately lynch grantm, Blui, and I. You're clearly trying to frame the three of us in some way. I mean, you just picked three unrelated players and made them seem significant to you. If you do flip scum, then people will turn on us because it seems like you were trying to get us lynched. And if you flip town, then people still might turn on us.

All in all, James, you've been acting very erratically today. You're making everything confusing, and have thrown the town into chaos on the very first day. Maybe you're hoping that if enough is happening, any suspicion against you will end up getting overlooked? I'm willing to bet on that.

So many things wrong with this post...

First, I didn't ask a question in Post 246. OBVIOUS SCUM TELL

Second, although No Lynch is never the best option, it sure is up there. Especially when the only other options at the point that I voted was: Fancy and SheNinja.

Third, how do you even know what my motives are. I could be in a mental break-down state and have posted it thinking that this game isn't worth it and I should just walk away (which was actually the half-logic for saying everything I did today)

Fourth, I didn't joking vote myself. I was in turn, mocking your bad reasons for voting me, and volunteering as tribute lynch candidate... Since you were all so indecisive.

Fifth, you guys do have a connection.

You see, all three have you have been thrown onto the radar at least once or twice. Grant only being called suspicious, and having a bit of flawed logic, but still.

And all three of you go and do the stupid thing of defending each other. Even in the mason thread, I said to try to seem segregated and not at all the same... And we were masons. I literally am taking the caution you guys should have (although lost now, I know, I know).

So, we uh? You and grant defend Blui, once he gets a wagon started on him, all three say I'm acting wierd and scummy, Blui defends you, and Blui has seemingly no problem with Grants logic and goes along with everything...

Yeah, I see no connection.

WanderingWolf

Also, to stick by my rule:

[uv]JAMES86134[/uv]
[v]TWISTEDTURTWIG[/v]

Remember guys, if you don't believe anything I say, then lynch me :)

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Blui said:

No you may not quote the mason chat.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar

hehe
I just now noticed I've been subbed in. Thank you boredom.
I will be back once I read the entire game tonight... Or not, since it looks like we're bandwagonning Blui and this is day one, so reading may not be as required to me.

WanderingWolf

Red Rain said:
hehe
I just now noticed I've been subbed in. Thank you boredom.
I will be back once I read the entire game tonight... Or not, since it looks like we're bandwagonning Blui and this is day one, so reading may not be as required to me.

Or maybe I just reminded up in chat just now... But w/e

corabed

Consistency is Key

For anyone who was wondering I am Green, but assuming someone's alignment based on their characters and nothing else AND then lynching them is not a smart move.
Especially when that person is town :/

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

RaichuGirl said:
KON does seem to be posting a lot of posts that don't really add to the discution.

Meh. If I only wanted "activity posts" I would have only posted my first big post (first post of the day if you want to see it :p).

I'm seriously considering that corabed is scum.
James and Blui have claimed Red and Blue (respectively) and corabed hasn't claimed anything, though he must obviously be Green.
"Luoudmouth" doesn't exactly describe Blue in the manga very well, but he is kind of a know-it-all so it's a believable ability to me. (Actually, one of the first things he says to red is: "Shut up and leave me alone.")

[v]CORABED[/v]

@corabed, could you explain yourself a little better?

corabed

Consistency is Key

I literally just said I was Green, the post above yours?
I have the ability 'Pokedex Texting' which is the thing James and Blui have been talking about but no other abilities, (which I find slightly unfair)
That's all there is too it.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

corabed said:
I literally just said I was Green, the post above yours?
I have the ability 'Pokedex Texting' which is the thing James and Blui have been talking about but no other abilities, (which I find slightly unfair)
That's all there is too it.

Yep, I saw that. and Everyone pretty much already knows that you're Green.
It's just that this:

corabed said:
For anyone who was wondering I am Green, but assuming someone's alignment based on their characters and nothing else AND then lynching them is not a smart move.
Especially when that person is town :/

Didn't seem to make any sense.

You have the same mason ability as James and Blui, but I can't believe that Green as a character has no other abilities.

corabed

Consistency is Key

My role said that I have the mason ability and that when seer's 'check' me I appear as a Wolf, despite not being one. That is why I think it's so unfair... James can kill someone while I can be wrongly accused, great!

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

Ok so wait, wait ,wait.
Their role says one of them is a wolf, and corabed says he's inspected as a wolf. Could that be what the role was hinting at?
Being good but inspected as bad fits Green exactly. Especially since, in manga 3, Green uses her Ditto as a mask to look like Sabrina (who is part of team rocket), when she is really working with Red and Blue.

[v]CORABED[/v]

Status
Not open for further replies.