Pokemon Unpopular Opinions Thread

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/forme

this is like americans saying "colour" is spelled incorrectly when spelled like that

I love the 4th and 3rd gens for the most part.
The tcg has become incredibly luck based.
The anime sucks.
In tcg, garbodor is always awesome.
The packers are bad.
Oh just pokemon opinions?
blah is annoying jkjk your cool bro
Plasma box seems over rated to me.

Bring on the hate!

Warrior Weasel 1986 said:
I don't understand the whole "Pokemon has gone down hill from gen 2" thing.. I personally think there are some truly horrible, absolutely awful designs in the first two generations too. Some even worse than those people whine about in today's gens. Growing up with them I didn't notice but as I look back today... Hm... Not that I'm complaining.

Iris and Cilan are the worst companions Ash has ever had. I hated May and Dawn but I'd take them both back over these two.

Team Rocket on the other hand.. Give it up guys, you stopped being "cool" after Jhoto. I like Meowth as a Pokemon but the character keeps me from loving it.. Words cannot describe my hate for that character..

Zoroark best dark type
RogueChomp said:
The tcg has become incredibly luck based.
The anime sucks.
These aren't unpopular opinions. o.o
(TR was never cool though.)

TrainerSivan said:
1. I LOVE the Trubbish and Vanellite lines and have ever since I first saw them. I was very confused when other people said they hated them.

I love them too.

2. I absolutely hate formes. First, it is spelled wrong. Why the extra "e" at the end, Nintendo? Second, the fact that legendaries have formes is stupid. I can understand Giritina because it comes from another world but the others.... Legendaries aren't supposed to evolve. Changing formes is a dumb, gimmicky, way around that.

"Forme" is spelled correctly...

3. I love the fifth generation.

Nobody does.

oh well...

Now I can rant about whatever I want:

-Charizard should be Fire/Dragon. Period. Screw starters balance...
-I hate Stealth Rock. It's the worst move they could have introduced (That's how butthurt I am about Charizard)
-Yeah, as you can see, I love dragons. Or Reptile pokémon in general. So, to me, having Dragons as mascots will always be a good thing. Don't care if it's overdone. Dragons are awesome. My favorite designs of gen 5 were mostly the Bug-types and the Dragon-types...
-I like Rattata. I think it's funny...
-I prefer complex designs over simplistic designs. So, I will always prefer what some people call abominations like Dialga/Palkia and Black/White Kyurem with all their details and stuff over things like Mewtwo. I think now I even like the newer pokémon more than the old ones and I know pokémon since the beginning...
-btw, I don't like Mewtwo. I think it's fugly. But only the original design. The new forme is actually very cool...
-Lugia should be Water/Flying
-Gen 3 designs are my least favorite... There are some good designs but the style of the pokémon is so different, specially compared to the ones from the previous 2 gens, that they feel to me like aliens (no pun intended Deoxys) compared to the other gens designs. But I don't hate them, I don't hate any pokémon (hence why I said "I don't like Mewtwo" instead of "I hate Mewtwo")
-speaking of which, I don't like Hoenn. Too much Surfing...
-I think there should be triple-types as long as they made sense to the pokémon (like, Beedrill, which should be Bug/Poison/Flying). But only if they got rid of Stealth Rock and the effectiveness would have to adjusted so pokémon like Flygon wouldn't have a x8 weakness to Ice (Because it would be Ground/Dragon/Flying)...
-I still don't think Xerneas is a proper mascot legendary...
-I think Jynx should get an evo so people would again believe that it formed a trio with Electabuzz and Magmar...
-I still like to watch the anime... I think the battles now are better than in the first seasons...
-I like new formes as long as they're creative or have a point, which isn't the case with Keldeo-R though what I mean in this case is, they should have made Keldeo-R right away and scrap ordinary Keldeo... Also, I prefer new formes on legendaries, not so much on regular pokémon...
-...So, as much as I like Black/White Kyurem, they should have made a complete forme of Kyurem as the original dragon (fuse it with both dragons or Black Kyurem with Reshiram and White Kyurem with Zekrom)... or simply make the original dragon as a separate pokémon...
-I also like the "monotony" of the games. I don't actually think they're monotonous, just, like someone said, I don't like many changes and they're the only games I'm already familiar with, so they're the only games I can play. Plus, I love the creatures and I'm a collector by nature, so I always play the games with the purpose of collecting all the Pokémon... As long as that doesn't change, I'll keep playing the games...
-I also like Digimon (the first 2 seasons only though) so my ultimate dream is a crossover between Pokémon and Digimon, and they would change the Digimon to be more like the Pokémon (having types, abilities, movesets, etc.) and they could even introduced a 4th stage evolution to some pokémon... That's why I like most evos of old pokémon from Gen 4... they're the most similar to what a Perfect level pokémon would be...

And that's it for now... I probably forgot some stuff so if I remember of something else, I'll edit this...

EDIT:
-I hate that Fairy-type is immune to Dragon. It should only resist it...
-I think Pokémon should end when it reaches the 1000 Pokémon mark...
EDIT2:
-I think the Tao dragons should be bigger... They're shown to be quite big in the animé (which makes total sense), but in the games they're quite smaller than usual Mascots... They should have at least 1 more meter in height...

DNA said:
Cinesra said:
Nobody really enjoys the process of EV training, but it sure as hell isn't a waste of time.

Actually, EV training is the only aspect of Pokemon I really enjoy anymore.

But you don't like the tediousness of the games?

I think pokemon in general should get a complete revamp.

I totally dig X and Y and the direction it's going. However the pokemon fan base is extremely large and I kinda wish they would release a game for the more mature fans. Doesn't have to include blood necessarily (although I'd appreciate a scratch or two at least), but I've always imagined a big platforming game equal to like final fantasy with a more in depth storyline and characters. I feel like a lot of what's there already is from reading between the lines rather than just giving you what's actually going on. Like there are some great theories of the pokemon universe timeline and history, but they never fully incorporate that.

I think the pokemon world could be a little darker and less sunshine crap. Obviously I know it's aimed at kids and a more universal audience, but if they came out with a skyrim type free roam, but with pokemon.... Omg that would be amazing. I don't see how they think that wouldn't pay off? I think the demographic here is 15-30ish? Someone should get on that.

Also I only watch the movies, because I hate Ash's character. I only watch the anime when it shows a pokemon I like.

This thread...
omg I love it.

You guys are wonderful; keep it coming.

Metalizard said:
only if they got rid of Stealth Rock and the effectiveness would have to adjusted so pokémon like Flygon wouldn't have a x8 weakness to Ice (Because it would be Ground/Dragon/Flying)...
I think Bug would fit Flygon better than Flying.
-I like new formes as long as they're creative or have a point, which isn't the case with Keldeo-R though what I mean in this case is, they should have made Keldeo-R right away and scrap ordinary Keldeo...
I agree. I like formes when they make sense for the Pokemon( Giratina, Deoxys, Rotom, Wormadam, Shellos), but things like Keldeo and Shaymin are pretty dumb. At least Resolution forme or whatever it's called looks cooler than regular Keldeo. I don't think new Mewtwo formes really make sense, but we don't know the back-story and the new forme looks better than the original to me.

I dislike all of the B/W starters.
I hate abilities in the VG.
I dislike EV training.
Generally, I don't like contests in the VG.
I'm not a fan of Deoxys.

^ You just hate everything I love, don't you? :p

Warrior Weasel 1986 said:
Despite Ash's apparent inability to age I love the kid and couldn't imagine the show without him. Team Rocket on the other hand.. Give it up guys, you stopped being "cool" after Jhoto. I like Meowth as a Pokemon but the character keeps me from loving it.. Words cannot describe my hate for that character..

I don't think TR was meant to be cool to begin with. Their primary job is to be funny, and they're actually pretty good at it.

Want proof? one two three

I don't like Probopass, Electivire, Magmortar, or any of the other Pokemon evolutions that they released in the fourth gen.

I dislike the new mewtwo form
I dislike the fairy type ALOT
Klinklang is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I am a fan of inamamate Pokemon.
The Pokemon TV show is lame
Pancham's design is stupid
I like Fletchling
The fairy type sucks
Yveltal is better then Xerneas
Black and White 2 FTW, White and Black 2 are stupid.
Adding on to my previous comment, Reshiram is better then Zekrom. I don't see why people like Zekrom more then Reshiram, but I can see why they like Zekrom in general.
While I'm on the Unova Dragons topic, White Kyurem is the only good Kyurem form
Keldeo is lame
Celebi-EX isn't the worst EX, that one goes to BC Black Kyurem-EX
Did I mention that I dislike the fairy type?
Fennekin is the only good design out of all the Gen 6 starters
Fire/Fighting is a cool type
I'm not OK with the fact that R/S/E are the only games that you can meet your father.
I actually used Zubat during a HG nuzlocke

Do you want to slap me yet?

EDIT: This is post 316 for me

Regigigas 3:16 says Regigigas is a awesome Pokemon.

I hate, hate, hate, hate the fact that new generations keep coming out after a year or two. And all these movies make my mind go boom. @.@

I like the Vanilite line
I think EV training is a waste of time
I like the new Mewtwo form
Yveltal>That blue Virizion clone known as Xerneas
I like Gen 5, and like it more than Gen 4 and Gen 1

Might add more when I think about it. My post would've been a laundry list had this thread started when X and Y were first announced.

PMJ said:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/forme

this is like americans saying "colour" is spelled incorrectly when spelled like that

The bloody French poisoned Pokémon in 4th gen!

Metalizard said:
-I think there should be triple-types as long as they made sense to the pokémon (like, Beedrill, which should be Bug/Poison/Flying). But only if they got rid of Stealth Rock and the effectiveness would have to adjusted so pokémon like Flygon wouldn't have a x8 weakness to Ice (Because it would be Ground/Dragon/Flying)...

Wouldn't it be x5 or x6 weakness(can't remember which one), as there are already Pokémon with more than 4x weakness to a move.

^No... simple math: Ground, Dragon and Flying are all weak to Ice, so that would be a triple weakness, meaning: 2 x 2 x 2 = 8

Cinesra said:
Metalizard said:
only if they got rid of Stealth Rock and the effectiveness would have to adjusted so pokémon like Flygon wouldn't have a x8 weakness to Ice (Because it would be Ground/Dragon/Flying)...
I think Bug would fit Flygon better than Flying.

I didn't mention that because I didn't want to mix the subject of triple-type with the subject of re-typing pokémon...
If I had to re-type some pokémon, I would change the whole Flygon line to this:
Trapinch - Bug/Ground
Vibrava - Bug/Flying
Flygon - Bug/Dragon w/ Levitate (without the possibility of triple typing)
Flygon - Bug/Flying/Dragon (with the possibility of triple typing - Flying is in the middle to be consistent with Vibrava)

Back