Pokemon Unpopular Opinions Thread

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Welcome to the Unpopular Opinions thread!

Here you will post about your opinions on Pokemon..that others probably don't agree with. This thread can be used with all mediums of Pokemon discussions; VG, TCG, anime, etc.

Example:
Zubat is one of my favorite Pokemon because it evolves into Crobat.

Proceed with telling us about the things you like that the rest of us don't!

(it should go without saying that you shouldn't bash other people's opinions; the whole point of this thread is to let people reveal their opinions)

I like Pokemon be objects. The only ones that I dislike of those are Garbodor and Vanilluxe (because of design not because they are trash and Ice Cream). I actually like Vanilite but not Vanilluxe.

I don't like Suicune much. It is cool but not as cool as most people like.

Also, Gen 2 hasn't got the best Pokemon designs (Absol, Skarmory are the best there IMO)

I love Gen 3 and 4 Pokemon.

Gogoat has the worst design so far in Gen 6, IMO. Its cool riding it but not the design.

This sounds like a breeding ground for opinion wars.
But ok, I'll share mine:
- I love Zubat, Tentacool, Rattata, Patrat, and Jynx
- I really don't care for Eevee or any of its evolutions. Jolteon is passable but the rest... eh
- I don't like Snivy or Fennekin
- Generation 2, despite having some of my favorite Pokemon (Dunsparce, Smeargle, Murkrow, Larvitar), is my least favorite generation overall

I am not sure, whether it's popular or not but. I hate the anime D/P onwards. I don't like 4th Generation or 5th very much. I like Zubat, I hate Meowth and I hate Mewtwo.

I like the new Mewtwo forme, think it's very creative and that most people are very ungratefull about it.
Plus, I dislike the feature of personalize your protagonist. Much. All this personalization crazyness in every game... D;

...this thread...oh man, where do I begin?

~I detest Pikachu and Umbreon because so many people like them, and I will sometimes go out of my way to mention this
~Taking this one step further, I dislike most Pokemon in the field egg group, or those that could be considered cute, cuddly, fuzzy, furry...you get the deal. And I don't hate furries or anything (well, I might, but not for being a furry), but I hate those Pokemon. The only real exceptions are Flareon and Cinccino - the former because Flare Blitz, the latter because I seriously have no idea
~I love Gen 5 and hate Gen 1, and dislike people who hate the former and love the latter for usually stupid reasons - after which I'll usually proceed to crush them with a wall of text or shun them completely if they still don't listen
~man I have a lot of hates don't I. Let's move on.
~I think Diglett is adorable, but not Joltik. Joltik is unattractive.
~I love Vanilluxe and Klinklang. The latter is in my top 20 of favorites.
~Funnily enough, although Gold was my first game, out of my top 100 favorite Pokemon, only 9 of them are from Johto. All of the other regions have roughly 23 Pokemon represented each.
~A lot of my favorites are genderless. I don't know why this is. I like funky Pokemon.
~I don't know how to go easy on people. I know how to show mercy to those at the edge of defeat, but not much else.
~I am extremely vocal about my opinions. I get a lot of hate for this.
~I think Mystery Dungeon (1 and 2 only) and Puzzle series are the only good spinoffs. I also think Ranger is terrible.
~I really really REALLY don't like playing Pokemon at all. I only stick around for the people. The video game gets tedious and the trading card game is a chore. If not for the people, and me playing with my favorites, I would have quit a long time ago.
~I'll probably have more stuff to add when I remember it.

...and last but not least,
~Froakie cult for life

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I hate EV training. It seems like a waste of time.

Nobody really enjoys the process of EV training, but it sure as hell isn't a waste of time.

Cinesra said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
I hate EV training. It seems like a waste of time.

Nobody really enjoys the process of EV training, but it sure as hell isn't a waste of time.

Actually, EV training is the only aspect of Pokemon I really enjoy anymore.

I really like the anime starting R/S/E and onwards.

I really dislike the aspect of gogoat. Can't we ride other pokemon? I would much rather ride Xerneas through the streets, and fly Yvetal in the sky... Or heck, even Tauros or Tropius!

I hate not being able to pick soundtracks to play in pokemon... I wanna battle my opponent listening to the classic R/B/Y music... That'd be awesome. Nostalgia with new graphics

• I don't like a lot of non-animal Pokémon.
  • 3rd gen is my least faviourite Generation for Pokémon designs, even though one of my faviourite Pokémon (Swellow) was introduced then.
  • I like the designs of Pokémon introduced in 4th gen, except for most of the prevos and evos of gen 1-3 mon.
  • I tend to like mid-evo starters more than unevolved, or fully evolved starters.
  • I like Servine.
  • I like the Pidove line.
  • I don't like how in PWT there's Gym Leaders of every type, yet they somehow excluded Fairy type (if it's real) and I wish they just made the PWT for XY, so the GLs from Gens 1-5 wouldn't look like idiots.
  • There's also 3 mysterious Dark-type Gym Leaders in PWT and some more unknown ones from an unconfirmed region. They could of made those GLs for 6th gen(I thought they would be triplets), but it doesn't look likely, because of a possible Fairy type GL.
  • I think Black Kyurem looks really stupid with its overly long arms.
  • I don't like 99% of the music in BW and BW2
  • I don't like Gogoats design and it looks like you'll be forced to have it in year team :/

Blob55 said:
  • I don't like how in PWT there's Gym Leaders of every type, yet they somehow excluded Fairy type (if it's real) and I wish they just made the PWT for XY, so the GLs from Gens 1-5 wouldn't look like idiots.
  • There's also 3 mysterious Dark-type Gym Leaders in PWT and some more unknown ones from an unconfirmed region. They could of made those GLs for 6th gen(I thought they would be triplets), but it doesn't look likely, because of a possible Fairy type GL.

Wait what? Do you mean the Pokemon World Tournament from BW2? Can you post some links to whatever you're saying about it reappearing in X and Y and Dark gym leaders? I've never heard of any of this.

I genuinely like Klink (& evos) and Garbodor (& Trubbish) and Vanillite (the evos are ok but I really like Vanillite).

I hate Mewtwo.

I think the current TCG metagame is not that bad. (But stages 2 attacker cards need a buff.)

and it looks like you'll be forced to have it in year team
wat :B

I don't understand the whole "Pokemon has gone down hill from gen 2" thing.. I personally think there are some truly horrible, absolutely awful designs in the first two generations too. Some even worse than those people whine about in today's gens. Growing up with them I didn't notice but as I look back today... Hm... Not that I'm complaining. There really wouldn't be any fun in it for me if I loved each and every Pokemon. Where would the variety be? I actually enjoy hating certain Pokemon and glad they're there for me to hate. :D

Iris and Cilan are the worst companions Ash has ever had. I hated May and Dawn but I'd take them both back over these two.

Despite Ash's apparent inability to age I love the kid and couldn't imagine the show without him. Team Rocket on the other hand.. Give it up guys, you stopped being "cool" after Jhoto. I like Meowth as a Pokemon but the character keeps me from loving it.. Words cannot describe my hate for that character..

I was actually a really big Tracy fan. Max comes in a close second. Brock is a classic and is exempt from being rated.

Each new movie since Deoxys seems more and more like it was just made for TV rather than being a full out movie.. (Though, for me, Zoroark is the obvious exception. ;p) Arceus was the worst with Keldeo close behind.. And yet I still obsessively buy each DVD as they come out..

I actually like the monotony of the games. I find comfort in the familiarity.

Zoroark and Weavile are best dark types and Pinkie Pie is best po- Oh, wait a minute..

And those are my 'unpopular opinions'. ~ <3

I like Gen 3 in TCG because of Delta Species and I actually like the set logo stamp on RHs. *shock horror*
I like donk decks because they're fun to use. I also dislike getting donked (partially because I think shuffling is annoying).

-I much prefer Mewtwo's new forme as opposed to the original Mewtwo
-Gen 5 is probably one of my more favorite gens, I don't have the gens ranked in order since I pretty much like all of them equally
-I like Jynx's design
-I like new formes for Pokemon
-I dislike Swellow the most out of the regional birds (with Staraptor being no.1, however Fletchling may take the crown depending on his evolutions)
-I dislike pretty much all Dragon type version mascots (seriously, legendaries as dragons got old quickly)
-I don't like Scizor that much, Galvantula is best Bug type (with Joltik as second)

1. I LOVE the Trubbish and Vanellite lines and have ever since I first saw them. I was very confused when other people said they hated them.

2. I absolutely hate formes. First, it is spelled wrong. Why the extra "e" at the end, Nintendo? Second, the fact that legendaries have formes is stupid. I can understand Giritina because it comes from another world but the others.... Legendaries aren't supposed to evolve. Changing formes is a dumb, gimmicky, way around that.

3. I love the fifth generation.

Cinesra said:
Blob55 said:

Wait what? Do you mean the Pokemon World Tournament from BW2? Can you post some links to whatever you're saying about it reappearing in X and Y and Dark gym leaders? I've never heard of any of this.

It's just speculation.

TrainerSivan said:
2. I absolutely hate formes. First, it is spelled wrong. Why the extra "e" at the end, Nintendo? Second, the fact that legendaries have formes is stupid. I can understand Giritina because it comes from another world but the others.... Legendaries aren't supposed to evolve. Changing formes is a dumb, gimmicky, way around that.

THANK YOU.
That stupid forme thing is really bugging me!

A thing that bugs me a lot, is how some peoples unpopular opinions are the opposite to my own.

Back