The Yu-Gi-Oh Thread

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
and their boss monster (Lead Yoke) just shows off how difficult it can be to remove a particular threat from the field and the measures your opponent will try to destroy it.
At Tuesdays at locals, I was staring at my friend's Felgrand (R8) twice, and I had to go get rid of it, twice.
First time: D-Prison -> Felgrand effect -> D-Prison
Second time: Dark Hole -> Felgrand effect -> Book of Moon

It was hilarious.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Scorched Feathers said:
Boxers were good until the September Banlist ;~;
Then they lost Burner, and now they only have 1 Blaster, and stuff
well, I just have a thing for blaster in Boxers.
I've played Battlin' Boxers since they were unveiled and I've never seen ANYBODY run Burner in them.

I just wish this Dragon Ruler fetish was over already.

DNA

Advanced Member
don()shinobi said:
I'm running 1 Redox so I can get instant Leo in Psychics; does this mean I'm a terrible person?

don()shinobi

DNA said:
don()shinobi said:
I'm running 1 Redox so I can get instant Leo in Psychics; does this mean I'm a terrible person?
No. There's a difference between running Dragon Rulers and saying a deck sucks because it doesn't have access to all the Dragon Rulers.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
I utilize Tidal alongside of other monsters. It accents the deck, Imo. That, and because I love having a monster just to mess with people and distract them.

Uralya

*ponders everything*
Pretty much every competitive single-attribute elemental deck uses a copy of a Ruler with good reason (exceptions being Fire Fist and Madolche for example). They are normally some of the first cards you should consider for maining in decks of this type. The Rulers are the most broken cards ever designed, and the recurring beatstick nature of them in the limited remnants they exist in now still serves to make them overpowered pieces of cardboard.

On the flipside, Hieratic Rulers is testing marvelously for me. I just need a Trident Dragion and Stardust Spark and I'll be set. This deck's grind game is unfair as hell.

DNA

Advanced Member
...I've seen a guy run 1 Blaster in his Fire Fist deck (and this was before the Jan 2014 list), though it's mostly for the destroy effect than for anything else. I don't know if he still is, but it was definitely surprising.

Madolche doesn't run Redox because there are never any monsters in the Graveyard. Though, I do agree that Dragon Rulers are ridiculous.

>release Dragon Babies and Dragon Adults
>top easily at every YCS
>ban all the Babies
>still top easily at every YCS
>Konami realizes they made a mistake
>kills Dragon Rulers dead

Uralya

*ponders everything*
DNA said:
>release Dragon Babies and Dragon Adults
>top easily at every YCS
>ban all the Babies
>still top easily at every YCS
>Konami realizes they made a mistake
>kills Dragon Rulers dead
>uses Hieratic engine to become high tier 2 deck (once stabilized)

I love how Atum doubled to $15 each and Ashes jumped from $5 to $25. Whatever deck Dragon Rulers are in becomes so expensive as to be unplayable to the common man.

don()shinobi

The hell you talkin' bout? Fire Fists run Blaster and Madolches run Redox. Madolches don't care if stuff is in the graveyard anymore, especially since they have Hootcake, Angelly, and Tiaramisu.

Uralya

*ponders everything*
don()shinobi said:
The hell you talkin' bout? Fire Fists run Blaster and Madolches run Redox. Madolches don't care if stuff is in the graveyard anymore, especially since they have Hootcake, Angelly, and Tiaramisu.

It's not optimal for either deck to run a Ruler. I'd say that pure 3-axis FF is the only one the viably runs Blaster, and Redox has little synergy with Madolche largely due to its useless level and the need for graveyard presence for Hoot. I don't have too much Madolche experience but I believe that much is true. FF on the other hand I rarely see run Blaster.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
So, some time ago I had mentioned how TeleDAD could possibly make a return. It's not hot or anything, but I really think it has potential. Here's an example list:

Monsters:
1 Dark Armed Dragon
3 Plaguespreader Zombie
3 Mezuki
3 Armageddon Knight
3 Destiny HERO-Malicious
2 Krebons
2 Dark Grepher

Spells:
1 Foolish Burial
1 Dark Hole
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Burial from the Different Dimension
1 Allure of Darkness
2 Destiny Draw
2 Emergency Teleport
1 Forbidden Lance

Traps:
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Starlight Road
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Mirror Force
2 Fiendish Chain

Extra:
Stardust Dragons
Thought Ruler Archfiends
Dark End Dragons
Colossal Fighters
Basically any Lv.6 or 8 monster

Alternatively, it can run Rank 6 or 8 XYZ. It can use some tweaking, but I personally think it's a rather nice deck, though definitely rare.

DNA

Advanced Member
...I still can't see how Redox works in Madolches. There's no monsters in the Graveyard, which means 1) you need to banish from your hand, and 2) his second effect is worthless.
Granted, I can see materials in hand by spamming the hell out of Ticket+Chateau, but still, other than just sitting there as a 3000 DEF wall, I don't see where it fits.

don()shinobi

You don't use it for its self-revival effect. You use it for reviving a tributed Angelly/a detached Messengelato/a lost Hootcake/a discarded any-of-these, then banishing fodder for Hootcake later.

Example. Angelly, Redox, and Messengelato in hand.
NS Angelly, tribute for Hootcake. Discard Redox and Gelato to SS Gelato, use its effect to search whatever. Banish Redox with Hootcake to SS Gelato, then search whatever. From here, you can make Tiaramisu and do whatever from there.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
CJ: Allure is at one bro. Maybe drop that for a third Emergency Teleport.

Ruling question: Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand vs Starliege Paladynamo.

Detach an XYZ material from DDKF and target Starliege. Attack Starliege. Does the player controlling SP get to draw a card because the effect resolves in Grave? Or, because its effects are negated, it doesn't matter and he gets nothing.

don()shinobi

Paladynamo's effect activates in the Graveyard, so Felgrand's effect will not negate the draw.

DNA

Advanced Member
don()shinobi said:
Paladynamo's effect activates in the Graveyard, so Felgrand's effect will not negate the draw.

^

See also Card Trooper, who has the same effect. I find it helps to find cards with the same (or similar) effect and check those rulings.