The Yu-Gi-Oh Thread

don()shinobi said:
Mermails have Atlantean Dragoons to search for Mermail Abyssteus/megalo

Nothing can search Teus out, silly. He's aqua.

And banish decks really aren't much of a thing anymore now that macro and d-fissure are limited. Banishet of the Radiance is still a powerful side card though.

Uralya said:
don()shinobi said:
Mermails have Atlantean Dragoons to search for Mermail Abyssteus/megalo

Nothing can search Teus out, silly. He's aqua.
Oh, what the hell ever. Just goes to show how much I played that tier 1 trashy deck.

If you couldn't tell already, I'm "that guy" who thinks anybody who uses a tier 1 deck is scum and is only playing to win. I've seen some examples otherwise, but still, that's my deal :V

EDIT: Primal Origin is leaking as I type. GET HYPED

And the entirety of Primal Origin has been revealed!
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Primal_Origin
Overall, I'd say this is a very good set to mark the end of Zexal. Lots of great cards to support archetypes and as standalones alike.

Overall, my favorite cards from the set are the new Battlin' Boxers, Forbidden Book, Gagaga Sister, Evolutionary Singularity, and Number 55: Gogogo Goliath.

Exodius.dek is get.

I'm going to go commemorate this by doing something, I don't know. Here's the thing, though: it's a fully-functional 50 card deck.

Monsters
Magician's Valkyria
Divine Dragon Ragnarok
2x Skilled Dark Magician
Gemini Elf
Giant Soldier of Stone
Gene-Warped Warwolf
Magical Undertaker
Dark Blade
Neo the Magic Swordsman
Mystical Elf
Luster Dragon
Dark Witch
Summoned Skull
Dark Magician Girl
2x Dark Magician
Belial - Marquis of Darkness
Exodius

Spells
Blustering Winds
De-Spell
Magical Dimension
Thousand Knives
Dark Magic Attack
Double or Nothing
Wonder Wand
Magicians Unite
Eternal Rest (might be taken out, I don't quite see it's usefulness in this deck)
Black Pendant
Dark Hole
Swords of Revealing Light
Mage Power
MST
Ego Boost

Traps
Miracle Restoring
Magical Arm Shield
Impenetrable Attack
Magic Cylinder
2x Waboku
Covering Fire (see Eternal Rest)
2x Mask of weakness
2x Call of the Haunted
Trap Hole
Soul Resurrection (see Eternal Rest)
Rising Energy
Puzzle Reborn
Shadow Spell
Dust Tornado

don()shinobi said:
And the entirety of Primal Origin has been revealed!
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Primal_Origin
Overall, I'd say this is a very good set to mark the end of Zexal. Lots of great cards to support archetypes and as standalones alike.

Overall, my favorite cards from the set are the new Battlin' Boxers, Forbidden Book, Gagaga Sister, Evolutionary Singularity, and Number 55: Gogogo Goliath.

Wow. Those exclusives are pretty busted, and the fact that Tachyon Transmigration and Photon Stream of Distruction were actually made is awesome. I think this is a nice set for Zexal, a great rebound from the LOTG era (even of Dragon Rulers were my thing).

Geyser Shark looks pretty interesting. I need to look into putting this to use. Eagle/Panther Shark come to mind.

Haunted Water said:
Exodius.dek is get.

*insert deck here*
For "Exodius.dek", there doesn't seem to be a lot of reasoning to use the 1 copy you're running...nothing really has synergy with Exodius.

While that is true, it's a good start for a league because it's fully legal, and most of the msts are centered on protecting Exodius from being destroyed early. I also took out the ones that wouldn't work and added Partrician of Darkness and Dust Barrier.

DNA approved of it.

I got back in DN after a long time. Good thing I still have the black sleeves and Shooting Star Dragon avvy.
My name's Billeas, if anyone's interested.

I'm surprised how many people still use DN. I've moved onto DevPro. No annoying rulings or waiting on Admins just to tell you that the other person was wrong. Plus the cards seem to update faster. The time limits and stuff are nice also.

I get that DN makes you think more. You actually have to know everything and the system won't do anything for you. I just can't take the 30+ minutes of waiting on an admin.

I'm Daalmech on DN, though I'm rarely on unless it's to build deck skeletons before building irl.

I prefer DN because it is much like real life - people will make mistakes, and you need to learn to capitalize on it. Recognizing misplays and learning the mentality of certain archetypes are what I consider focal points to succeeding in real-time play. Arguably DevPro is nice for learning the ropes of an archetype with rulings and all, but lifelike simulation is where it's at.

Yeah, I get that. The main reason I use DevPro and DN are for testing.

I mess up on DevPro more than DN though. In DevPro sometimes when you click on the wrong thing you get stuck. I know when someone else is making a mistake, and normally if they are making basic misplays you're going to win regardless. You don't really have to exploit it. If you go to a tournament most people aren't going to be making many misplays so it's better to play things performing at their best.

I have most of the things I play IRL anyways and I have multiple people to play against any day of the week.

Vivillon said:
Yeah, I get that. The main reason I use DevPro and DN are for testing.

I mess up on DevPro more than DN though. In DevPro sometimes when you click on the wrong thing you get stuck. I know when someone else is making a mistake, and normally if they are making basic misplays you're going to win regardless. You don't really have to exploit it. If you go to a tournament most people aren't going to be making many misplays so it's better to play things performing at their best.

I have most of the things I play IRL anyways and I have multiple people to play against any day of the week.
Fair enough. I just don't have many players in my area that I can test with outside of Saturday locals, so I use DN (however rarely I do). In your situation I can perfectly understand how DevPro would serve you more aptly.

I don't know about you guys, but I get misplays often against me at locals - of course that was largely when I was the lone Dragon Ruler player >.>

I end up with mainly ruling issues. People need to learn they can't chain to Madolche Queen Tiaramisu once I send my cards back and that she doesn't target your cards, only mine. All the real people I play know this but many people on DN don't. I'm not sure if they don't know or if they are just salty and they want to cheat.

I'm still so happy with this deck I ended up getting my whole Madolche deck for about $34. I already had Invoker and I ended up scoring a set of Magi for $20. I just need Angelly now, she makes consistent turn one set ups. You usually win within the first few turns. The only thing that slows you down is when your opponent is trap heavy. Which is why I run three lance.

The reasons I quit playing YGO:
HORRIBLE community. Seriously, many cheaters around, many people who lied or even stole cards, many people who boasted about their decks and having MST and Heavy Storm in Super and Ultra Rare edition while their skills were zero and the only thing they had was cash (I have beaten Zombies and Absolute Zero when they were big with a random Synchro deck and enjoyed every minute of it), you get the idea.
Lack of appropriate knowledge on rules. Stardust can't negate Bottomless, yeah, right. And using Starlight Road on DAD... that was the single most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
Deckbuilding. Too expensive to make an appropriate deck. Pulls are almost always horrible, since not even half the cards from each edition are playable, and the good cards are impossible to get.

DN at least takes away the deckbuilding part, and it's always nice to laugh at a troll. I had this guy just yesterday who kept calling me a whore and a hooker, and the only thing I was saying was "eff" and "synchro". Boy, was he mad.
I haven't tried DevPro, to be honest.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Starter_Deck_2014
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Duelist_Advent

GET HYPED for the new summon mechanics!
It's currently unsure if the the monsters you summon by Pendulum Summon need to have their combined levels in between the red value and blue value, but if that's not the case, high-leveled DARK monsters with 0 DEF are going to have a field day.
If Pendulum Summoning takes off, I think adding things from your deck and graveyard to your hand will be the new "special summon everything"...
...and BTH will become even more essential.

In addition, rule changes are being made to the game starting on March 21.
1. The player who is going first cannot draw a card during their first draw phase.
2. Each player can have a field spell card on the field regardless if their opponent controls one.

I don't know if I like Pendulum Summoning...yeesh. It just seems out there and far more different we've seen before.

I don't like the Field Spell rule. Would the effects of both Field Spells be in play coinciding each other then? Maybe Closed Forest might be worth playing.

Yeah I've had my stuff stolen also. The worst was a Dino Rabbit deck so it was worth a decent bit. I'm guessing about $200-$300 at the time. It's bad enough that people steal but I find it especially low when people steal from girls. I'm not made of money, part of it was a gift and the other part I had worked hard to put it together. It had taken me about six months. I had traded most of my good cards for what was in that deck so whoever took it literally left me with nothing.

I also had my Harpies Pet Dragon (and some other cards) stolen when I was around 11 by a teenager. I cried for a week over it since it was my favorite card. The next weekend I knew who I had been trading with so I went back and talked to them. My card was badly damaged by the person I had gotten it from originally so I knew it when I saw it. The guy had it in his trade binder and I threw a fit, he gave it back to me because he really didn't have a choice. I was friends with the organizers of our locals and even helped them run it so they knew I wouldn't lie. The worst part of that was the guy said someone else had "traded" it to him and that's why he had it. I would've believed him if he didn't have everything I was missing.

The only other time it happened was with a Judgement Dragon. Again two older people took it and I'm not even sure how. I know who took it but I never got that one back. The bad part about that was it was a present for someone else and after telling them how I'd gotten it for them I then had to turn around and say it was stolen.

I cried like a baby at 19 over the Dino Rabbit though. I tried to find it, accused the wrong person (I'm sorry for that one but I had my reasons). I was out of town so I ended up crying myself to sleep in the car while my friends checked on me periodically in between the tournament, Oh, and I had entered the tournament and couldn't get my entrance fee back even though I couldn't play because I had no deck.

Back