they went from
‎1‎:‎25‎ ‎AM "your water deck sucks"
to
Kittle Boy
‎1‎:‎25‎ ‎AM DAYUUUMMM!!
me
‎1‎:‎25‎ ‎AM "f**k your water deck"
white night dragon

Note: This deck is slightly banned, mostly because of the Dragon Ruler part (like Stream and Tidal). My friends have nightmares about it sometimes though.

Water Deck:

Monsters:
Stream
Mecha Sea Dragon Plesion
2x Tidal
Cure Mermaid
Mother Grizzly
Lord of D.
White Night Dragon
Mermail Abyssocea
Mermail Abyssnose
Snowdust Dragon
Mermail Abysslung
Frostosaurus
2x Mermail Abyssdine
Zone Eater
Mermail Abysshilde
Snow Dragon
Aqua Madoor
3x Rage of the Deep Sea
Double Shark
Sinister Serpent
Creeping Doom Manta
Mermail Abyssbalaen
Weather Report
Hyper-Ancient Shark Megalodon
Unshaven Angler
Shocktopus
Deepsea Warrior
Levia-Dragon - Daedalus
Aurora Wing
The Legendary Fisherman

Traps:
Tornado Wall
Miniaturize
Just Desserts
Trap Hole
Astral Barrier
A Feint Plan
Metal Reflect Slime
Gravity Bind
Metalmorph
Threatening Roar

Spells:
2x Fighting Spirit
The Flute of the Summoning Dragon
Swords of Concealing Light
"Umi" (Lemuria)
Salvage
Chorus of Sancutuary
"Umi" (Legendary Ocean)
Card Destruction
Monster Reincarnation
Swords of Revealing Light
Dark Hole
Sword of the Deep-Seated

That looks like it has too many cards...just how many cards IS that?

In other news, 5 new exclusives for Legacy of the Valiant were leaked.
What, you thought we were done with TCG exclusives? We are. The Koreans got some exclusives, too!

Flowbot
Level 3/EARTH/Plant/Effect
1500 ATK/800 DEF
When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Draw 1 card, then return 1 card from your hand to the top of your Deck.
Could see some use in Sylvans.

Humpty Dandy
Level 3/DARK/Zombie/Effect
1400 ATK/0 DEF
Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. When this card is Flip Summoned: This card gains 800 ATK until the End Phase.
...meh...

Outer God - Nyarla
Rank 4/EARTH/Fiend/Xyz/Effect
0 ATK/2600 DEF
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can discard any number of cards; increase this card's Rank by 1 for each card discarded. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard; detach all Xyz Materials from this card and attach that target to this card as an Xyz Material, and if you do, this card's Type and Attribute become that Xyz Material's original Type and Attribute.
A fitting Xyz for the end of the Xyz era. Rank-Up Magic shenanigans gogogo.

Dragonroar
Quick-Play Spell Card
Banish 1 EARTH, 1 WATER, 1 FIRE, and 1 WIND monster from your Graveyard; shuffle 1 card on the field into the Deck.
Might have been helpful a couple formats ago...but I'm not sure if anybody would even have played this.

Planck-Scale
Normal Trap Card
During this turn, apply these effects.
● Rank 3 or lower Xyz Monsters on the field gain 500 ATK and DEF.
● Rank 4 or higher Xyz Monsters on the field cannot attack.
Eh, I guess.

In addition, the next set after Primal Origin will be called 'The Duelist Advent', and will introduce a new type of summon: Pendulum Summon. Nothing is known other than the name.

It's 60 cards, a full deck. I've had it for a couple weeks now, and it is quite a powerhouse when used correctly.
Edit: correction; it's actually 57 cards. Which means I can add in that mermail I pulled last night and another tornado wall.

You usually want to run the least number of cards possible. Running more than 55 cards, some of them only one each, I can't help but think that you're too luck-dependent and that there are many possible bad hands with which you'll do nothing.

I have no clue right now. They are in there.
I just took out an abyssdine, humanoid slime, and aqua madoor. Abyssmegalo and Abyss-scorn have been added in.

Well, the problem with having a lot of cards in your deck is that you'll struggle to draw what you need, most of the time. While you have more options, yes, only decks with amazing consistency and can work from nearly any hand (such as Fire Fists, Mermails, and Zombies) can reliably run over 50 cards in a deck due to their ability to pull anything from the deck at relatively any time during the duel. For instance, Mermails have Atlantean Dragoons to search for Mermail Abyssteus/megalo, who can search for virtually any Mermail and Mermail spell/trap, respectively, and most Fire Fists can search out the Fire Formations, which in turn generate advantage by removing, locking, or searching even more Fire Fists. In fact, a 60-card Fire Fist deck won 3rd place in the Miami Regionals last December. Very few decks can pull off having many cards, and while Mermail decks are no exception...yours isn't precisely completely synergistic.

Random question: I haven't played Yugioh since 2003, how has the game changed/evolved since then? I used to play in RL and then stuck to playing some of the GBA games (Stairway to the Destined Duel mainly). It would be great to get back into the game (or just play some of the older cards/decks for fun) but idk if I'd be able to balance that with Pokemon haha.

Hmm...where to start?

Well, to put it simply, the game has evolved into a need for card advantage. Take a look at any card in a recent set, and it will most likely involve Special Summoning, drawing cards, or adding stuff from your deck/graveyard to your hand. Archetypes of these days are usually just variants on how to gain the most advantage.

Konami has released 3 new monster classifications since 2003: Gemini, Synchro, and Xyz, and 2 new monster types: Divine-Beast and Psychic.
The first classification, Gemini monsters, go in the main deck, and are treated as normal monsters until you use up your turn's normal summon to summon them a second time to gain their effects. They can be difficult to use, but most Gemini monsters have very powerful effects that compliment their difficult cost.
The second classification goes in the Fusion Deck, now renamed the Extra Deck. Synchro Monsters require you to send 1 (or more, in rare cases) Tuner monster you control to the Graveyard, and 1 (or more) other monsters you control to the Graveyard, and the levels of the sent monsters must match the level of the monster you're trying to summon. Synchro Monsters redefined the game as a game of speed, and almost 200 have been released to this day.
The third classification also goes in the Extra Deck. Xyz Monsters are similar to Synchros in the sense that you require monsters of certain levels, but all you need is 2 (to 5, depending on the card in question) monsters of the same level (and sometimes need to share a type, attribute, or an archetype). Instead of sending them to the Graveyard, they "Overlay" into 1 monster card zone, where the Xyz Monster is placed on top of. The "Overlayed" monsters stick around as Xyz Materials, which the Xyz Monsters typically use to activate their effects. Xyz Monsters additionally have no level; they have ranks instead. Though a cool concept at first, they quickly redefined the game as "Who can get out this 2400 ATK Solemn Judgment with 1 card before their opponent can?". Many Xyz Monsters are still very fun to build decks around due to their generic requirements, and with over 230 existing in the game so far (with more to come), you have many options to choose from.

Divine-Beast type monsters are just for the Egyptian God Cards--yep, they're legally playable and not just different-colored cards with worthless flavor text.
Psychic type monsters are unique in the sense that they're almost an archetype in themselves. They focus on paying life points or banishing (removing from play) themselves for more card advantage later in the duel.

As don()shinobi stated, this is a fast-paced meta, centered around low-level swarming and a lot of Special Summons in order to either use weak monsters with powerful synergy or Synchro/XYZ summon. As such, drawing power is prominent, and so are cards of mass monster destruction, with Dark Hole being limited and Mirror Force semi-limited. Ironically enough, Heavy Storm and Giant Trunade are forbidden, so it's also a meta full of traps, as it is possible to see even 4 or 5 Sets in a turn, something you'd never see during the Heavy Storm era.

There's a difference between a deck focused on banishing and a deck that uses Macro Cosmos and Dimensional Fissure because it's not harmed by them...

Definitely using a Macro Cosmos + Gravekeeper's Servant
It effectively stops attacks, something that a banish deck needs though...

#132 on DN in Rated Singles. :)

noobn8r is my name on DN if you guys wanna add me/hit me up for a duel or two.

Back