The Yu-Gi-Oh Thread

Uralya

*ponders everything*
DNA said:
Yeah, Dragon Plants is just okay. Hieratic Dragon Rulers is the best variant on that because of how well it will pump Dragons out for you, and even then the focus is just Hieratics - but it does give you something to do with all those Dragons you get rid of.

Redox is very useful, seeing play in Karakuri, Gadgets, and Geargia.
I'd argue that Psychics can use Redox as well :p especially now that Leo exists - use Redox to Special Summon himself (either by discarding or banishing), get out Psychic Commander, and bam, instant Leo. It's also good Grandsoil control for the Graveyard.
From testing Hieratic Rulers, I'd say it's the same as pure Hieratics but with a lategame. I pretty much agree with you on your Ruler views.

As far as Redox in psychics goes, that's a given. I was going off of things you'd see often at Regionals-up.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Uralya said:
Serperior said:
So...Ark Knight and Exciton Knight are ridiculously expensive. Worth getting a box of Legacy?

If you could get it cheap, sure, I guess. You could also get Imperial Tombs of Necrovalley (~$30), Shared Ride (~$22), Bujin Arasuda (~$18), Downerd Magician (~$20), and Gwenhyfar (~$35). But you should note that Silent Honor ARK will be only about $20-25 soon. I even picked up an Exciton at prerelease for $60 (I bet he'll be down close to here in time). These guys will be going down, don't worry.

Why are these guys going down in price? Just because of hype, maybe?

Uralya

*ponders everything*
Serperior said:
Uralya said:
If you could get it cheap, sure, I guess. You could also get Imperial Tombs of Necrovalley (~$30), Shared Ride (~$22), Bujin Arasuda (~$18), Downerd Magician (~$20), and Gwenhyfar (~$35). But you should note that Silent Honor ARK will be only about $20-25 soon. I even picked up an Exciton at prerelease for $60 (I bet he'll be down close to here in time). These guys will be going down, don't worry.

Why are these guys going down in price? Just because of hype, maybe?
Pretty much. Exciton will probably hover at 80+ for the time being and ARK will go for 30+ for awhile - those are my educated guesses atm.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Hm. Alright. I don't particular need those cards atm, but Exciton is frickin' game-breaking and ARK is just ridiculous.

Uralya

*ponders everything*
Serperior said:
Hm. Alright. I don't particular need those cards atm, but Exciton is frickin' game-breaking and ARK is just ridiculous.

You bet. I'm almost set on making Hunders just so I can abuse my two ARKs and lone Exciton (of course with RUM so C101 can have his glory, the guy is intimidating).

I picked up a box today for $60 and got Tombs, First Monarch, an ARK, Hare, Utopia Roots Ultimate, Arasuda, and other stuff just about adding up to $110 out of it. So, I'd recommend getting a box if you can find it for $70 or so, though I don't know if my box was just lucky. My friend won a two-box tournament locals and didn't even get $80 worth out of them.

blaZofgold

Romans 8:38-39
I'm interested in trying out Yu-gi-oh, and I'd like to make a Prophecy deck.

First things first: Prophecy looks hella expensive. How much would a good one cost? If the $$$ is too high I can't afford it 0.0

Secondly: Is World of Prophecy viable?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
My friend went out and bought four packs. Pulled an ultra ARK. Nuts.

gold: Prophecy will go down in price when Priestess gets reprinted as a Super, so hold off. I have never built Prophecy so I don't know. You don't go into the Extra much deck often, so that's not too much of a thing. On eBay I'm seeing them go for around 200+. Wait until the spring tins come out.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
High Priestess is currently ScR. I forgot her price, but it's something like $30, plus or minus 5.
As for what's in BP2R2: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Pack_2:_War_of_the_Giants_-_Round_2

The Priestess print in BP2 is UR, however. The things that will be the most pricy to build Spellbooks are Secrets, Master, Tower, Blue Boy, and Priestess...which is about half the deck. You need Fate as well; although it is limited to 1, it is a must-have, as is Wisdom. Most of the time, you will be using Tower to recycle your Fate so you can use it over again, though your main attacker will definitely be Priestess. Some people run Crescent, though that's just a choice.

Edit: Forgot to mention - run 1 World of Prophecy as well; it's basically their version of Judgment Dragon. Other monsters they run are Justice (sometimes), Temperance, Breaker the Magical Warrior (sometimes), Kycoo, and Jowgen (sometimes). Kycoo and Breaker are very common because Prophecy doesn't have any LV4 and under beaters. They also don't use the Extra Deck (which is usually the priciest bit of any deck), so that could save you a fair amount.

Uralya

*ponders everything*
DNA said:
High Priestess is currently ScR. I forgot her price, but it's something like $30, plus or minus 5.
As for what's in BP2R2: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Pack_2:_War_of_the_Giants_-_Round_2

The Priestess print in BP2 is UR, however. The things that will be the most pricy to build Spellbooks are Secrets, Master, Tower, Blue Boy, and Priestess...which is about half the deck. You need Fate as well; although it is limited to 1, it is a must-have, as is Wisdom. Most of the time, you will be using Tower to recycle your Fate so you can use it over again, though your main attacker will definitely be Priestess. Some people run Crescent, though that's just a choice.

Edit: Forgot to mention - run 1 World of Prophecy as well; it's basically their version of Judgment Dragon. Other monsters they run are Justice (sometimes), Temperance, Breaker the Magical Warrior (sometimes), Kycoo, and Jowgen (sometimes). Kycoo and Breaker are very common because Prophecy doesn't have any LV4 and under beaters. They also don't use the Extra Deck (which is usually the priciest bit of any deck), so that could save you a fair amount.

3 Blue Boy
3 Temperance
1-2 Priestess
1-2 World
0-1 Stoic
0-2 Veiler

3 Secrets
3 Crescent
2 Master
1 Wisdom
1-2 Power
2 Tower
1-2 Eternity
1 Fate
1 Life
2-3 MST
0-2 Duality

*Traps*
0-3 Divine Wrath
0-3 Fiendish Chain
staples

That's the generic skeleton for Prophecy iirc. Just go on ebay or something and calculate prices by multiples. Note that you should never run more than 3 in any combination of Priestess and World, it will clog too much. I normally see people go 2-1, but running 2 World has been a thing as of late because of the power of field-nuking nowadays.

The extra really doesn't matter outside of Crimson Blader, Herald of Pure Light, Gachi Gachi, Armory Arm, Leviair, Daigusto Phoenix, Zenmaines and Angineer, all of which are dirt cheap. Expensive stuff you could use could include Big Eye, Stardust Spark Dragon, Dracossack, and ARK/Exciton if you use Breaker/Kycoo.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
My friend pulled two ARK. He's giving me one. :)

And wow, I'm so sorry for not being up to date on that info guys. Sorry about that. BP2 Round 2 was released more than a week ago.

DNA

Advanced Member
Herald of Perfection,
Ahem, Herald of Pure Light.

Herald of Perfection is actually a good card - one of the best in all of Yugioh.

blaZofgold

Romans 8:38-39
DNA said:
Kycoo and Breaker are very common because Prophecy doesn't have any LV4 and under beaters.
Is Charioteer not considered beatdown?

Prophecy looks reasonably priced, I think $200 could go far with it. Cards I was entertaining included Chaos Sorceror, Magical Exemplar, Alchemic Magician, and Shining Elf. I also quite like Reaper.

What about Madolche decks? (I'm just testing the waters to see what deck would interest me the most)

DNA

Advanced Member
Charioteer is good, though its effect won't serve you as well as that of Breaker or Kycoo - Breaker is a 1900 ATK or a 1600 + MST, and Kycoo is an 1800 ATK that manipulates your opponent's Graveyard and protects your own.

Madolches are great. They summon a lot, often, and control the field very well with their monster effects. Cards you use are Magileine (by far the most expensive, around $20, and you must run 3), Mew-feuille, Messengelato, Angelly (coming out next set), and Hootcake being monsters for the main deck, Rank 3s and 4s for the Extra Deck, including M-X-Saber Invoker (also quite expensive) and Tiaramisu, and Madolche Chateau and Ticket for your S/Ts, plus staples like Fiendish Chain, Effect Veiler, MST, and so on. Cruffsant is sometimes run as well, though not in large numbers. Some decks run Madolchepalooza, though that's a personal choice.

It's great, but rather pricy. I'd run it myself if it weren't so common/expensive.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
Madolches are very good if you have a way of protecting your Graveyard (usually a Necrovalley shuts you down until you play your own field). They kinda lack in power, but they more than make up for it with the many and fast summons. Oh, and if you're not a fan of cute things (like me), it is disgusting.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
blaZofgold said:
I'm interested in trying out Yu-gi-oh, and I'd like to make a Prophecy deck.

First things first: Prophecy looks hella expensive. How much would a good one cost? If the $$$ is too high I can't afford it 0.0

Secondly: Is World of Prophecy viable?
Your questions have been answered for the most part, but here's my answer.

If you're just getting into the game, I'd start with something cheaper and simpler to understand. May I recommend Battlin' Boxers? They're relatively balanced (and VERY cheap), and their boss monster (Lead Yoke) just shows off how difficult it can be to remove a particular threat from the field and the measures your opponent will try to destroy it. It's not the greatest deck ever, but it's a good test of how much an opponent's deck can do in a single turn.

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Boxers were good until the September Banlist ;~;
Then they lost Burner, and now they only have 1 Blaster, and stuff
well, I just have a thing for blaster in Boxers.