The Yu-Gi-Oh Thread

It's like Acid Golem, but better, since it doesn't kill you.

Well, technically, if they use Dark World Lightning on your set MST and you chain it to target Dark World Lightning, you KIND OF negate it...

Serperior said:
So...Ark Knight and Exciton Knight are ridiculously expensive. Worth getting a box of Legacy?

If you could get it cheap, sure, I guess. You could also get Imperial Tombs of Necrovalley (~$30), Shared Ride (~$22), Bujin Arasuda (~$18), Downerd Magician (~$20), and Gwenhyfar (~$35). But you should note that Silent Honor ARK will be only about $20-25 soon. I even picked up an Exciton at prerelease for $60 (I bet he'll be down close to here in time). These guys will be going down, don't worry.

Ancient Gear Golem is not a good idea, believe me. Too heavy, too hard to summon, can't be Special Summoned... And doesn't synergize well.

Unless you have the Trojan horse and/or compulsory evacuation device. Which I do.
Ancient Gear is a heavy hitter though, and I don't have a Slifer or another Ra lying around, so Ancient Gear and Tidal will have to do.

You're better off using Golem in a straight Ancient Gear deck. My friend sometimes runs an Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem deck, and... the horror...

I will when I get enough Ancient Gears. I only have Golem atm.
Edit: Actually, I could always split my elemental deck into three decks and disband the wind for now. Have earth set around agg, water set around tidal, and Fire around ryu-ran!

...it's like crappy Dragon Rulers, without the Dragon Rulers.

Haunted Water said:
Wait what
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ruler

And since each of them is now Limited, it should be easy to get your hands on them.

Haunted Water said:
Well, I have tidal. But the others are options.
Thanks DNA
Edit: I just found Burner...
Edit2: Water deck is get!

Note: The big Rulers are limited and the babies are banned.

I find that the rulers now tend to function as elemental support outside of attempts to make them work and the insanely overhyped Hieratic Rulers. Blaster works best in Lavals, 3/3.5 Axis Fire Fists and Fire Kings. Tidal works in Mermail and not much else. Tempest has little use outside of Harpies and Mecha Phantom Beasts. Redox is very useful, seeing play in Karakuri, Gadgets, and Geargia. Just my observations on tier decks, though I won't deny that Hieratic Rulers is crazy and other Ruler variants are just piles of synchros with no big plays.

I find that the rulers now tend to function as elemental support outside of attempts to make them work and the insanely overhyped Hieratic Rulers.
You forgot the incredibly silly Dragon Plants. Yes, that's a thing.

DNA said:
I find that the rulers now tend to function as elemental support outside of attempts to make them work and the insanely overhyped Hieratic Rulers.
You forgot the incredibly silly Dragon Plants. Yes, that's a thing.
Well, that's what I mean by "attempts to make them work." Dragon Plants, BEWD turbo, Pure, Mythic, etc. They only make a couple imposing plays but never have much game-winning. There's only been one Dragon Ruler build that's topped a regional that isn't Hieratic iirc. I consider Dragon Plants the second-best Dragon Ruler deck, but it's nothing more than rogue honestly. I played Dragons from June until the end of last format, tested Dragon Plants, and just concluded that it isn't worth it if you want to win anything. They're fun and intimidating, but fun and intimidating is pretty much where the buck stops.

Yeah, Dragon Plants is just okay. Hieratic Dragon Rulers is the best variant on that because of how well it will pump Dragons out for you, and even then the focus is just Hieratics - but it does give you something to do with all those Dragons you get rid of.

Redox is very useful, seeing play in Karakuri, Gadgets, and Geargia.
I'd argue that Psychics can use Redox as well :p especially now that Leo exists - use Redox to Special Summon himself (either by discarding or banishing), get out Psychic Commander, and bam, instant Leo. It's also good Grandsoil control for the Graveyard.

Back